Randolph College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Randolph College

Amber

Very good. The school is focused on academics and liberal arts. There are also multiple social events, from poetry readings, to sports events. There is something going on almost everyday. There are a few teaks here and there that should be noted, such as the rooms and electricity. Since Freshman year in 2014, the school has had at least 3 brownouts/blackouts. However, the campus is small, which is what I wanted.

Brianna

Randolph College is an interesting place to be. For an individual that worries about being around lots of people and potentially getting lost, a school like this is great; commutes to class are breezy and class sizes are good sizes: my largest class was about 35 people and my smallest class was 5 people. The downside is that tuition is steady climbing to an IV league institution price, so that's something to think about. People are close-knit and from what I've seen it doesn't take long to find your group.

Shelby

It's a wonderful school with wonderful staff and professors. It's small everyone knows everyone. I was only there for a semester and move back home because my family wanted me to be closer. They give an ample amount of money for academic scholarships and grands. It's a private school located in Central Virginia. If your looking for small classes and professors who care this is the places for you.

Rebecca

Randolph is an amazing college. If you're looking for small class sizes, happy faces, and teachers that are always there to help you then Randolph is the place for you! Just like any school the food does get old sometimes but that's one of the only cons. You can roll out of bed 5 minuets before class and still make it there on time!

Jin

i attended Randolph College from 2015, the longer i study here, the deeper i love here! this is small, but close-knitted community. in addition to the nice campus, good facilities, it is easier to access to professors and staff, and they are very nice. Don't think there are less opportunities to research and internship because of its small size, but actually it is just the opposite. I have participated a full- scholarship research in the just past summer. We also have a variety of after-class activities and clubs. Anyway, I bet you won't feel bored on campus!

Margaret

The dorms are not the best. If you get placed into one of the halls that does not have air conditioning you are fine, but main is hot. The school is definitely a place the fosters friendship. If you are a person that wants to go out and not know anyone at a party Randolph is NOT the place for you. You really do become like a little family, with all the ups and downs. Many freshman leave after the first semester for that reason, they don't know how to behave at a small school where you literally know everyone. The staff is amazing my professors all care about my education and I know that in future years they will still care about me and my career aspirations.

Tabitha

I live 5 hours away from Randolph College, but I have visited twice! I absolutely love it, and I would recommend it to anyone. I feel extremely safe in the environment and everyone is very nice. The faculty are also very involved in student-life to make sure you are living up to your potential!

Shae

It's a great school to be at, but there could definitely be some improvements.

Alex

My overall opinion of Randolph College is that it is a great school. The students are like a family; they are all welcoming and friendly. They are there for each other and looking out for one another. The faculty is always trying to find ways to help the students not only in their college career but also with helping them with their future after college. They do not restrict us; they allow us to be who we are as people and express ourselves how we want. Randolph college is a community filled with great people that only want the best for each other. The college campus is not the only beautiful thing about Randolph, but also the faculty and students that make up Randolph College itself.

Jena

If you are looking for a small school, Randolph College is the place to be! The campus is beautiful. and the professors are great. The staff is willing to work with you to get the things you need, whether that's moving a class to the ground floor because you've broken your leg, or a ride into the city to shop.

Heather

Randolph college is a really good college whether it be the size or the food or the safety. Even though the college may be small there are many benefits tot eh small college. It does not take long to get to your classes and you can find your classes easily. Since the class sizes are small you can get to know your fellow students and your teachers a lot better compared to having a giant class. The food is ok at dining hall. Even though the dining hall is only open at certain times of the day you can food throughout the day whether it be at do in hall or skellar. The safety of the college is very good. They make sure to patrol the ground all the time and if you need help and are afraid to walk around you can call security and they will come and help you. Overall the College is really good!!

Alexis

Randolph is a family. Our small number of students creates a close-knit environment. Our small class sizes allow students to become close to their professors, and allow students to let their voices be heard. At Randolph, you are truly an individual. The campus is small but gorgeous, full of hills and old trees. Our staff is friendly and always accommodating. Even though news travels fast on such a small campus, our school traditions, continued from when we were Randolph-Macon Woman's College, create a strong school spirit and a bond between sister classes.

Shelby

It is a fantastic school for students who are looking at a small school to make instant friendships. It is full of wonderful opportunities for students to get involved in. With 17 NCAA sports, students come to the games to cheer on their team because everybody knows everybody here.

Brody

Randolph is a very welcoming and bright part of Lynchburg. Even before I was considering colleges to apply for, Randolph seemed very appealing. With its quirky staff, interesting side activities (Fencing, Humans vs Zombies, and the Gaming Center standing out from the rest for me), appealing majors (Creative Writing for myself), the wacky traditions, and the friendly atmosphere that just radiates from the campus. All in all, I can't think of a more appealing place to be for four years of my life.

Victoria

I feel like I should lead with the fact that after only a year here, I was already calling Randolph home. The professors are phenomenal and I love going to classes every day. My peers provide a lovely community of like-minded, caring individuals that only add to the sense of home. The really beloved and unique thing about Randolph is the Honor Code which creates a trust and feeling of safety like I have never experienced before.

Braelyn

I think it’s an awesome place to start your future. The academic side is very challenging and pushes you to be the best student you can be. The students there are very nice and helpful. I enjoy that all of the buildings are connected and it is easy to get around. Over all Randolph is an awesome school!

Katie

This college has changed dramatically since I first arrived. As a senior, I find the changes that the college has gone through very frustrating and unpleasant. These changes include student demographics, on campus activities, and administrative positions. The administrators on campus are never helpful and do not take student concerns seriously in any way. As a vegan, I find that the food in our dining hall has gotten much worse over time. Randolph has a significant vegetarian and vegan population and the students complain about the lack of food often, but nothing substantial has been done to accommodate our needs. The biggest problem I find on campus is the lack of study space, which I have complained about numerous times. Overall, the quality of this college is in steep decline and I would recommend finding somewhere else to go.