Asheboro, NC
Randolph Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Randolph Community College

Pamela

I love RCC it is a smaller school that cares for their students. The teachers are very helpful and the classrooms and class sizes are perfect for me. I always feel valued at this school and if I have any trouble they are always here to help me. I am very happy I picked this school to go to and wouldn't change it for any other school.

DIANA

The school is not filled with so much clubs or sports but, there facility is always eager to help you with getting internships or getting involved with careers, there food is good as well. Teachers enjoy talking about there personal life experiences like motivating other students.

Cheyanne

Overall RCC is a good school with quality teachers. Because it is a Community College with an Early College (high school) program, the age ranges of students vary rather significantly. In one class I could look over and see a fifteen-year-old and a seventy-three-year-old along with students in their twenties and thirties. There's a lot of diversity on campus and we're better for it.

Nicholas

The best advice I could possibly give myself would be to stop slacking on my work and get myself under control. I was in a early college high school program and if I would have done actually paid attention in classes, I would have been able to graduate high school with an Associate's Degree. I would have changed my life so that I would not have spent more money then was needed to get my Associate's Degree. I could have never of went back to community college if i would not have slacked off as much as I did during my junior and senior year. I slacked off due to work and friends. These two reasons are the main reason why I was not able to graduate with my Assocaite's Degree. I would have told myself to stop hanging out with the people I was hanging with then and to not work so much. School is way more important then making money and having friends. I need an education far more then money and friends.

I believe that the worst thing about this school is its location. I believe that this school should be located more closer to the highway. The school is the back part of town in Asheboro. I believe this school should be in a better location so that people can notice it more. Many people in Asheboro or outside or Asheboro may not even know the school exists due to it being in such a bad location.

I believe the people that should not attend this school is the people who are not ready to make a commitment to long term educational goals. Someone who doesn't believe they could make it in college should not come here because education beyond high school is expensive and rough. Someone should not spend money on education knowning that they are not going to actually be able to succeed in imporving their education even more.

Andrea

I would give my high school senior self the advice to open up, make more friends and try new things, because college life is a more social setting with more people. College requires students to have more writing, speaking and leadership skills, so I would tell myself to engage in more activities outside of school and to gather experience working in groups and interacting with people. I would have encouraged myself to participate more in class discussions and to acclimate myself to being around people. It’s okay to put yourself out there and take chances, because they can pay off. Being shy and reserved holds you back and you miss out on important opportunities for yourself. I’d make sure my past-self understood that forming relationships, sharing your opinions, having a voice and daring to dream makes life much more enriching, and would better prepare myself for the demands of college life.

I wish I had known that there were so many clasees that students had to take, that had nothing to do with thier major. If I had known I would have probably gone straight to a university. Also, the required classes for a 2-year transfer student take longer than 2 years to complete. I was going full time for 2 and a half years and still didn't get all of the required credits. I should've been given more information before attending this school.

The most frustrating thing about RCC was the level of help I received from teachers and other staff. No one gave my helpful information regarding the classes I needed to take or the major I would be best placed in. I was given wrong information altogether, or no information as in they couldn't or didn't want to help me. Also, getting teachers to respond to problems was almost impossible. Some never got back to me at all.

kaysannah

I would tell myself to not let what I cannot see affect what I can do. Often times I let everthing from home affect and bother me to the point I lose focus on what is in front of me instead of focusing on me and my goals. Keep my eyes straight on the road and never look back.

Mercedes

To save up more money for tuition and other school expenses and to refine my drawing skill a bit more.

That it would be hard finding a job while attending Th Art institute of Raleigh-Durham. And that I should have saved up more money while working for Hy-Vee.

Reyro

I would have taught myself better studying skills

I would have taught myself better studying skills

The best thing about Randolph Community College is the atmosphere. Everyone gets along with everyone, and it feels like home. The cafeteria food is also really good.

The worst thing about Randolph Community College is that there are alot of high school students that go there. They are immature and gossip spreads fast.

Olivia

Randolph Community College gives everyone the option for a comfortable and assuring start to furthering success in life by assisting and giving personal attention to all.

I would tell myself to take a deep breath. Fully enjoy your last year in high school and spend time with those in your life. Soak up as much as you can while you're there and take every option to grow in your studies. Taking the community college route is a great option, but don't settle for what you know is less than yourself. Be sure to continue on to a university because you know you have the brains and ultimately the drive to do it. You will actually end up motivated for more school, though you're ready to quit now. Be excited for the unknown and not afraid. You don't have to have everything figured out going into it. Life will take beautiful twists and turns, but you'll feel even more amazing when they're complete surprises. Friends will leave your life as you continue on, but don't let that bring you down. You'll make better ones in the end and eventually your best of all. Remember to hold your chin up and don't become lazy. You're just beginning the best years of your life, trust me!

A kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone looking to get lost in a crowd. Some people love the bigger classes and not having to actually meet with their professers or really engage in the class. RCC gives so much of a personal experience for each student in a class that those not wanting attention, may not prefer that type of education.

Ivy

If I could go back in to the time when I was a high school senior knowing what I know now I would have listened to my mother more. Listen more less talk back. I wouldnt had put my friends first, in those years we all tend to think that our friends know more then our parents, parents never understand and havent been were we have in our teenage years. Which is defintely wrong! In those years we think parents were born grown up until we go through our own trials and issues. I would have taken the PSAT serious along with studying. I would not had been so concerned about a job and the normal teenage things. If I wouldnt had been so hardheaded then I could have went straight into a university but now being in my 3rd year at a community college I see that all these things matter. Its the little things in life that are important, but at the stage of life in the teenage era you never can get the big picture until its to late and all the friends you thought you had in high school wont wait on you to catch up.

Randolph Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.