Reading Area Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Reading Area Community College

Miranda

I think this community college is a great place to start your degree. This college offers many majors to choose from and makes it easy to obtain an associates degree with little to no debt! I have seen nothing but hard working students and professors, especially during Covid-19, everyone has been flexible and on task to get what needs to be done.

Ashlee

Since graduating, I cannot help but reminisce on the good times I had at Reading Area Community College. Although quite nervous in the beginning, I came to appreciate the diversity on campus from different ethnicities to different age groups. Not only did the diversity show me different aspects to life, but it had also consumed me with comfort to know that I am not alone. Without a doubt, it can be a very stressful experience trying to obtain a degree. However, though, it was definitely reassuring to know others are on the same page as I; trying to make their lives better. Additionally, the school offered me an amazing education with even more astounding professors. My professors, although different in teaching styles, taught me to never give up and to expect the unexpected. From every high and every low, my professors kept me on my toes. Although it was sometimes rigorous, the one-to-one attention gave me the confidence in myself and my abilities. Hence, it allowed me to obtain my degree with the title of Summa Cum Laude and a Phi Theta Kappa member.

Shae-lynn

RACC is a great school to start at because it is less expensive and a small college. For someone who is a first generation college student this would be an amazing place to start! They care about you and want you to succeed you just need to put in the effort!

Madison

My overall opinion of Reading Area Community College is that it is an okay school, but it is just a community college. There is not a whole lot going on and I am only there for class. Reading is not the best area in Pennsylvania to be, but overall I guess it could be worse.

corrine

It is a small community school in a high crime city which makes people not interested. Though, the cost of the class are low, which offer many opportunities to people trying to save, low income families, and single parents. There is a lot of different cultures, beliefs, personalities, and races in RACC, but everyone is friendly with each other and respects the rights of each other. There are many group activities and club meetings. Friendly people, well trained teachers for the most part, and many areas to use a computer provided, or your own.

Samir

It has given me a great experience throughout the past 2 years of my time here. My goal is too have a bachelors shortly after pursue a masters. I feel like going to the Reading Area Community College truly pushed me forward in making education affordable and helped me build upon my education. With that being said I will be graduating from RACC in 3 weeks with a Business Admin AA (Transfer Associates) which I am more then thrilled too continue my education towards a bachelors at Temple University. Couldn't be more thankful of the education that RACC has offered truly am a blessed person. Great students, great diversity and amazing professors and other helpful people on campus to be in touch with.

Elyse

It's affordable and its a fantastic college for people who are not sure or want to jump right into a job. It has great teachers and plenty of friendly students. There is always something to do such as sports, clubs, speakers, and plenty of actives.

Alyssa

My school is a safe campus with many security guards on duty. The academics are great too. There are many opportunities to meet with your instructors and are available to help. There are also many services offered at Reading Area Community College. The writing center is very helpful and I always get a second opinion on my papers.

I really do enjoy the teachers, classes provided, students, and campus but since it is a community college we don't have large clubs, sports or a big campus life. What I do like is all the events that take place on campus, since we are almost the center of the city a lot of music and arts programs happen at the school and they offer a lot of free classes on various different things like self defense and yoga for free after school hours.

Kaiya

Reading Area Community College is a good institution that looks out for its students and cares about their community. However, the engineering and science programs are still being explored and worked out. Some classes are extremely new and are not as solid as most of RACC's other humanity classes. The staff is also very accommodating to each students' academic needs and helps them figure out how to balance their work and other responsibilities with their classes. Because of them, I was able to pursue my professional athletics while completing my Associate degree.

Brydon

Reading Area Community College has surprised me greatly. I went to a community college because of my financial situation. You always hear of the "poor" quality of community colleges because of much cheaper it is compared to other schools. I must say, I am extremely satisfied with the education I am receiving. I have close friends who go to Penn State and comparing classes and class material, the two are almost identical. I couldn't be happier with my choice of having my first two years of college be at a community college, especially at Reading Area Community College.

shanice

I don't have a problem with Reading Area Community College. The teachers were very nice to me and actually gave me the attention that I needed. I flourished my first year in college and I have gotten on the Dean's List two times in a row. It is a pretty decent school and very affordable.

Ashely

its a great community college it gives student like me the opportunity to thrive in environment I never thought I could It is a good school full of amazing professors. However, I wish they could invest a bit more in the school it self technology is growing and its leaving Racc behind. the desk are very small for the aount of things we need to have on them. The class rooms are extremely small and outdated, The books we need for class are extremely expensive, but over all a good school if want a cheap education.

Genesis

so far i like racc

ghajeja

It is a great school and very good environment. I've enjoyed going there and made a lot of friends. I used to be enrolled at Montgomery County Community College and I disliked it so much I took a break from school all together but once I started going to RACC I really felt like I was a part of something special and I found people with the same likes and interests who are in the same field of study.

Iyesha

Has a lot of programs that are catered towards everyone. Cheap tuition . The teachers very helpful and willing to help you out!

Vanessa

It is a community college. It is what you can expect of it. But what I didn't expect, was to enjoy my time here. I thoroughly have enjoyed the classes and the professors are really exceptional. They give you as equal of an education as you would get at any other college or university.