Regent University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Regent University

Christopher

I am an online student. Regent University, where to start? I am currently a Senior at Regent; I am using VA Vocational Rehabilitation Chapter 31. I will start with the military aspect of the school. I am not sure if it is my Voc Rehab counselor fault or the school's military advisors, but 90 credits later, I am still paying for books while both sides claim the other is at fault. I have missed semester check-in twice due to slow billing. It was a good thing they held my classes. I currently have a GPA of 3.5, and my GPA in my major classes is 3.7, but I have no idea how to be a Paralegal. Why? Because I am required to spend more time researching scripture and applying scripture to my lessons than learning about the job itself. I understood that going to a Christian school that my education would incorporate scripture, but to the extend that Regent does it, is insane. There are some classes that many would think would be unheard of to put scripture in front of education (Family Law, I.E. divorce), but somehow or another, to pass the class, you MUST find some Christian principle that makes ALL divorces ok. To read the Bible for the first time and not be over experienced in the Bible makes this task daunting and nearly impossible. I have spent more time reading the Bible and using it as an encyclopedia than reading my class books and studying for tests. If not for the pain, I would have transferred out of this school to find a school to accept all my credits AND have my Voc Rehab counselor agree to it. Regent offers tons of accredited degrees that can be obtained online but save yourself some hassle and go somewhere else. There is a reason that over 25% of students transfer out of this school. It is great they help people connect to God, but they do so at the expense of knowledge and education in the career field the student wants to learn.

rose

It’s very through in its teaching it’s biblical based. There is always prayer and support for everything you do. The instructions pray for you, give you support on the classes, make themselves available for questions and/or feedback. They have many extracurricular activities and they hold a high standard for teaching

Roy

I love it very friendly and definitely worth the cost of the school. The professors are very accessible and have alot of acknowledge. Definitely worth all of the time, and money I have invested in with this school. I love how I can do everything online.

Regent University is a great Christian college with professors who are willing to work with the students to help them achieve academic success. All the staff are really kind and helpful, and they want students to succeed, not just academically, but also spiritually.

Hayley

Let me be honest. At first, I did not want to go to Regent. My plan was to stay close to home and study at my community college. However, I did apply just to see if I would get any scholarships. It turns out, I did. My parents made me check out the campus. Let me tell you, as soon as I stepped out of the car I loved the campus. Though small, it was still gorgeous. And everyone that I met was super kind. Once I began attending Regent in the fall and met some of the professors, I loved it even more. Overall, there is an amazing atmosphere at Regent University, and I am really glad that I decided to go there.

Gloria

It is a nice environment for students who want to learn and grow in their faith. The largest class size is around 15 to 20 students depending on the class. There are students who are dedicated to making life on campus fun and engaging. There are multiple ways for an incoming freshman to participate both on campus and in the community.

It's ok, a bit low key racist. The academics are great, the people seem nice, just watch your back they will turn on you as soon as they sense weakness. I like the small class size because the learning is more individualized. Most of the professors care about your well being.

john

This is a truly horrible place. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The university advertised two events on its website: (1) Pre-Law Day/ Monday, February 22, 2016/ 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. This was open to "Prospective Students." (2) Business Law Society Lunch n' Learn with Pierce / McCoy. Monday, February 22, 2016 12:15 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. This was open to "Everyone." It is standard practice for universities to invite any member of the public to come to special events, such as the two I attended. The first was for anyone possibly interested in attending Regent, which applies to me, and the second was for anyone. Thus, the presence of strangers at campus events such as these is not at all suspicious. But when I arrived at event (1), I was told pre-registration was required, even though the advertisement had not said anything of the sort. Nevertheless, I was allowed to attend part of the event. After event (1), I went to event (2). It was open to everyone, and I was of course allowed to attend. After event (2), I looked around the library. About half an hour after event (2). when I was in the library, a very nasty security guard came around and started viciously harassing me. He stated that I was (a) improperly crashing private events to which I had not been invited, (b) that I was only there to get free food, (c) that I was behaving in a disoriented manner, as if I didn't know what I was doing, and (d) that I had to produce an i.d. immediately. This was really bizarre. Everything he said was a vicious lie. I had indeed been invited to both events through Regent University's website's ads, I had been allowed to attend both events by their organizers when I arrived at the rooms in which the events were held, I was not there for the food, I was not the least bit disoriented, and I knew exactly what I was doing there. Apparently, he was just a very bored person who needed someone to harass in order to relieve the boredom. I hope they get rid of this guard promptly. I'll never go back there, and I advise everyone else to stay away from Regent University. By hiring a guard of that type, Regent has demonstrated that it is run by a vicious, nasty bunch of people.

Shania

I could not have fathomed upon applying for Regent University that I would mature so significantly in mind and character. Every professor, staff member, and student desires for the success and well-being of one another, and this encouraging atmosphere allows students like myself to blossom into self-assured leaders who work to impact the community with meaningful service. I am extremely thankful for the loving environment and thought provoking curriculum of my school because it has helped me develop a sharp mind that is supported by a strong character.

Gabrielle

I absolutely love Regent and the vision it supports! I visited in June 2017 for the first time when searching for colleges and was impressed by the beautiful campus and the excellence that is evident everywhere around campus. I was blown away by the quality of the students' conversations and the facilities on campus. I returned for an event in February, and met some of the professors. I was blown away again. I feel blessed to be attending Regent in the Fall of 2018!

It is a small, private, four year university. There are both undergrad and graduate programs. The cozy campus is located on the border of Virginia Beach and Chesapeake. It is a religious university and the founder/chancellor is Pat Robertson.

Francy

This is an amazing school. It's small and of course, Christian, so you should know that before you apply. The atmosphere is great and there is always something going on.

Jonee

1) We are an unabashedly Christian school. We call ourselves a training ground of "Christian leadership to change the world," and everything we do, from chapel to hall meetings to the most clinical of classes, is centered around and tinged with Christ. Worship and service opportunities abound, if you wish to make use of them. 2) The campus life is close and vibrant if you make it so; you need to be intentional about making friends here, especially if you are a commuter, but if you do, you will surely be blessed. 3) The higher-ups in the school actually care about the students, not just about their own power or benefit. The administrators care about setting common-sense policies, making the best use of resources, and responding to students' needs. The professors care about seeing students succeed, not only in their classes but also in life and in the Lord. It may help that several of them are current or former pastors or church leaders of some sort. Those were the positives. My most significant heads-up is that Regent is continually expanding and changing. This is definitely good for the school and for us, but be very careful if you are entering a newly established degree program. Advising may not yet be up to speed on everything (this happened to most of the class above me in the relatively new Biophysical Sciences [general science / pre-med] major), so be sure to keep track of your own degree requirements, the course rotations, etc.

Harrison

Regent University prides itself in Christian leadership to change the world. Being a Christian myself, I enjoy the atmosphere the campus presents and the activities that flow from that. The film program I participate in is nice as well, though it is in dire need of improvements. Most of the program is under construction at the moment, and I admire the professors working to alter the curriculum so that it best fits the needs of the students. The fact that it is in need of repair isn't the professors fault, but the university itself should have been on top of this. Outside of that issue, there isn't much to gripe about.

Destiney

I had never been on campus before move in day, but I'm happy about my decision. The campus has a lot of nature. There are also a lot of events to attend, if interested. I think the thing I have the biggest issue with is the scholarships. There aren't a lot of scholarships offered, and if there are I have no idea where they are, let alone how to fill them out. I think an upside is that there is student work on campus and it works around class schedule.

Taleah

While it is a very good school I feel that the Christian focus can distract from objective learning. Of course, some people want to have their worldview reinforced. If this is you then regent would be perfect. I prefer to be challenged constantly. Considering I’m an atheist in a Christian school I suppose I made the right choice.

Morgan

Regent University was a great school with a great campus and an even better online program. Their tuition rates are not unexpected for on-campus students, although their online options are far cheaper and logical for certain degrees, and there are a few scholarships you may be eligible for. (I was able to get a defendant on veteran grant every semester, eligible for every student in the same situation). They were also immensely helpful when I decided to transfer out to a more local college for a different degree, and did not try to guilt me or over-question my reasons for leaving. Had I wished to pursue the degree further, I definitely would have finished with them.

Kela

Regent University is a campus where Christians can come together and feel free to openly talk and learn about God. The campus life in the social and safety aspect are amazing as one can always find individuals hanging out together. The campus might not have too many mainstream sports, but the sports and events presented are important. The campus is beautiful in itself and the staff and faculty are kind and helpful. Regent University is a school I would recommend to everyone.

Alec

Wonderful school with amazing opportunities! The classes truly prepare students for the world and motivate individuals to be better! The school champions a level of quality that many institutions lack. The faculty and staff are true professionals that replicate the school's mission of excellence.

Regent University is a beautiful safe campus. The University has a family feel despite having a large student population. They offer many extra activities outside of classes, such as life groups and church actives. Everyone is very involved with making new students feel welcomed.

mateo

Regent University, in my opinion, is an excellent school. I transferred to regent this year and coming from two previous schools the scenery ar regent is way different from the earlier schools. Each student and faculty who goes to this school surrounds themselves with the Christian mission of this school; "prepare to emerge and established Christian leaders to inspire, enrich and transform the media, the arts, and the academy through excellence and innovation in scholarship and practice." If I were asked if I would recommend this school, I would 100 percent recommend this school. However, the only thing I would tell them is to accept that is school is a Christian school, and they base their classes with the Christian faith.

Christina

Regent University is an amazing school. The professors are extremely passionate about what they teach and try to do whatever possible to help their students understand the material. The environment is safe and appealing. The students are friendly and there is always a way to get involved on campus. The Holy Spirit dwells there and in the people who attend.

The school is pretty safe, however, lack of racial diversity can be a bit off-putting to some at first. This can usually be overcome by getting involved in one of the many clubs or organizations related to either one's major or hobby/hobbies. The education is what I would call above average. Professors not only challenge the students' thinking but due to small class sizes, they are able to build relationships and mentor them. Regent is a good fit for anyone looking for a rather close-knit parochial university that will push his or her growth in various areas.

Sara

Lovely Atmosphere and amazing people all around! Even though I never though of myself involving my Christianity within my further education I have found that this school really is a great place for myself and the others around me. The on-line environment is also set up to involve everyone and is structured extremely well.

Yancy

I think Regent has an overall great online program for those who can't attend tradition school.

Noah

Regent University i more than just a college to me. It's a place where everyone (including professors) are a huge family. The professors are always there to help students, and encourage you to reach out to them. Housing is incredible, all "dorms" are like an apartment. You are challenged daily to do your best, and everyone really wants you to succeed.

virginia

I love it

Jacob

Regent University is not just a place for learning, even though it is extremely encouraged. Regent University is somewhere that students are encouraged to grow, for me Regent University is not just college, it is an entire experience. The professors are involved in the student's lives, learning takes place in the classroom where discussion is held on topics relating to life and philosophy, but learning also takes place amongst the entire campus. From basic life skills to carrying on discussions outside of the classroom among peers, you are always learning and having knowledge reinforced. Campus life is extremely enjoyable as even commuters are highly involved in activities taking place on campus. While Regent is not a big-time sports school, they do have some sports such as soccer and ice hockey, and the coaches encourage good Christian character and behavior both on the field and off the field. Regent University, through the constant soaking in of God's Word and discussion of Christian values, has enabled me to strengthen my relationship with the Lord and become more confident in my faith.

Malcolm

I love the school and the people are incredible.

Cora

Regent University is like a yard sale because I got more than what I bought it for. This was the first school that I applied to during my senior year of high school without having any prior acknowledgment of it because it recruited me through their Leader application. After engaging in a little research on the school website, I became interested. I jumped for joy when I got my acceptance letter. I was the only person from my graduating class of the entire school district to attend college in Virginia so it felt alleviating to dive into a whole new atmosphere. This is the place where I grew a deeper passion for what I want to pursue in a career and became more loving of who I am. I was drawn in by the academics but fell in love with Regent through the community. As major as the academics are here, it does not make up the school as a whole. There is always something for students to do especially since the location is seriously convenient; Cook Out right across the street, Walmart less than five miles away, and the beach twenty minutes or so down the interstate. I have met many amazing people here who build me up according to my needs within a blend of the faculty, staff, and students. This place is a major lighthouse for God as He is the first priority to the university's mission statement and vision. People will literally stop just to ask how they can pray for you out of genuine intentionality. I can honestly say that I love Regent University.

Elena

I find the most appealing aspect of Regent to be its close-knit community. Everyone, be it professors, peers, university staff such as academic advising or student life leaders, and even campus security, is committed to each individual's professional and spiritual development. The campus is beautiful, the dorms are amazing, and the price (tuition, room and board, fees, etc.) is extremely fair for what you get out of your education.

Savannah

Regent is a wonderful place to live and to learn. The environment is encouraging and fun but the academics are challenging and the professors are always helpful. The classes are well sized, with about 20-30 students per class. The dorms and halls are tight-knit and there is a group of people for everyone to join.

lauren

Great Christian leaders educating more great Christian leaders. Beautiful and safe campus. Fun community. Great spiritual, emotional, and academic support from all the staff. There isn't much to do around town but the coffee shop on campus is so good.

Rachael

I am in love with the place. The staff are always so welcoming and sweet. The campus is absolutely beautiful and they always care about making sure it is in top condition. Even the other students are constantly sweet and caring. I often find myself just venturing out to see the beauty of the campus itself. It is in a wonderful location which is close to many grocery stores and gyms.

Joseph

Regent University is a great religious university that offers a great ensemble of degrees. Regent has a much higher Female to Male ratio, and the dorms are fully stocked with bathrooms, multiple bedrooms, living rooms, and kitchens/dining areas. Regent is most known for its Law program and its Film and Theater programs.

Regent is an amazing school that pushes students to learn and grow as the people we are and it's just a great atmosphere. I just love it!!! Although there isn't any main dinning halls they definitely make up for it with the dorm rooms that have kitchens and living rooms within them. I would say that might be the only down fall and you can't cook.

Andra

I am pursuing my Masters of Public Administration at Regent and, so far, the experience has been excellent. I spoke with Admissions reps from two other schools and both of them made me feel I would merely be a cog in their machine. The Admissions rep at Regent spoke with me like a human and that gave me a terrific first impression. I am just getting warmed up for studying as a distance student. The University 500 online prep course forces distance learners to interact with all of the applications, software and online systems needed for a robust learning environment. All of my fears about online learning are being eliminated as I work through this course.

Brandon

My overall opinion of Regent University as an online currently enrolled student would be, excellent. To go into detail, their are a lot of resources available to us as students. The admissions department is very non-denominational christian based, very kind, professional, encouraging, not pushy, and helpful. The website is a little tricky to navigate, however it's very manageable.

Danika

I love attending Regent University. It is a well established Christian college. Everyone on campus is so kind. I've never experienced an environment like this before. I will have to say that financial aid for the first year is pretty good, but after that, you are kind of on your own. Being a person with low income, all they had to offer me was the Pell Grant and federal loans. That is why I am applying for scholarships.

Dara

I was attracted to Regent University years ago. I love the beautiful, colonial look of the campus. My professors are so knowledgeable that I have already learned a ton! There are so many fun extracurricular activities available that students have a hard time choosing amongst them. My friends on the sports teams tell me that the sports program is alive and well. I am so glad that I went with my heart and chose Regent to be my alma mater.

Juanita

I’m an online student and have to say anyone looking for a college that fits your work life Regent is the school. They have shown me in thier actions that my success is thier priority and that stuck with me from day one. The advising team would check in with me regularly and still does not just about my classes but my overall emotional health

JC

I am an online student and I have so enjoyed my classes. This opportunity has changed my outlook on the world and opened my eyes toward the way the world governments function. I love the Christian outlook, I feel hopeful and blessed each day in class. I have attend several universities in my life and this one is the top!

Rosemary

The professors are good about getting student's questions answered, even outside of class. I have had excellent help from my Advisor; the Central Office of Financial Aid; two of my professors whom I've yet to meet as classes begin January 14, 2019: and even one of the Deans. I am looking forward to attending this Christian university soon. I give Regent a 5 star rating even though my computer got stuck on 1 star.

Laura

Regent University is a based in Virginia Beach in a safe area. I live about 10 minutes from the campus and have taken a few dual enrollment classes there. The campus is beautiful and elegant. It is small enough to navigate and walk through. All the buildings surround a fountain and beautiful pathway. It is a Christian school and upholds Christian values. The students and teachers have high integrity. The classes promote open discussion and a high level of learning. I would highly consider Regent University.

Priscilla

It is a nice school to go to for the first couple of years, but pretty difficult to take part in if you do not come from a high class background

Marc-Anthony

There are so many great aspects of this school that I can list. But to keep it short Regent University is an unapologetically Christian University that is very devoted and Christ-centered. Regent is located in Virginia Beach VA about 20 mins away from the beach. My opinion about this school straight forward is that it is just a great place to be, the on-campus community is small, they are just starting up there athletic department, the class sizes are small so one on one interaction with the professors are available often. The out-of-class scene is great as well, there are not any parties or anything of that sort on campus, however; there are many gatherings and activities going almost every week. Overall Regent is a nice structured college that still offers the freedom and fun of most universities.

Leah

Regent University is a campus located in a beautiful community with a lot of things to do nearby. The courses are offered online and on campus and at a very flexible schedule that make it convenient for any student. There is something for everyone here!

Amy

OUR NAME A “regent” is defined as one who represents a king in his absence. For Regent University, a regent is one who represents Christ, our Sovereign, in whatever sphere of life he or she may be called to serve Him. UNIVERSITY DEGREES AND PROGRAMS Degrees awarded (2017-18) 1,946 Associate degrees 21 Bachelor’s degrees 576 Master’s degrees 1,045 Doctoral degrees 178 First Professional degrees 126 https://www.regent.edu/about-regent/regent-facts/ I have had a great experience at Regent University. It is worth the money and education experience.

Justin

I like Regent University, it seems nice and the campus looks great. I think the classes will be nice. There also might be some nice people to meet there and make friends with. I love it, I can't wait to become a student there and learn more about Christianity.