Denver, CO
Regis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Regis University

Caitlin

FInd a college that the student feels comfortable and will easily make friends. I didn't go to school with any of my high school friends, I jumped in alone. I've made lifelong friends at college and without them I wouldn't still be in school. Friends help me want to be in school and do well.

A hardworking person that enjoys new experiences . If you are looking for small classes with a lot of individual attention from your professor then this is the best place for you. There is homework and attendance so if you like skipping class you have to be smart about it here. If you like to party there are parties but not like at huge state colleges so don't expect it to be the thing to do.

I brag about the class sizes and my schedule. I am able to have three or four class days a week and not feel overwhelm ed. I also love our campus; it's gorgeous and well managed with a great friendly, caring staff.

Kasey

A school very well-focused on the Jesuit aims of a community in service to others, where the students get an incredible experience as long as they are willing to put in the effort.

The best thing to do is to find a college that will foster growth both towards finding the most fitting area of study and also towards a future career. When I started college, I had a very vague idea of what area I would like to study. The college I attend takes pride in their very well-rounded and varied core curriculum, which ended up being a wonderful help to me as well as thier small class sizes and intimate atmosphere. I was able to explore different areas of study while fulfilling my core credits, and the teachers were very available to help advise me. Or, if your student has a specific career in mind, be sure that you look for a school that offers a strong program, and especially one that offers help finding internships or other ways of gaining real experience in the desired field. Be sure to visit the campuses of the schools you are considering and do things such as talk to professors, sit in on classes, etc. Most importantly, make sure it is a school that offers an environment in which the student feels confident that they can trive mentally, spiritually, physically, and intellectually,

Abby

Get involved! Find somewhere that drives your passions. Attending a school where you are involved and stimulated will allow the student to get more out of their college experience. College is an awesome opportunity to learn and grow academically, spiritually, socially, and intellectually.

The small variety of classes offered.

Someone who is looking for small class sizes and individual attention.

My advice would be to look at a lot of different colleges. I didn't do any college tours and only applied to one school as a senior in high school. I ended going to that school for two years and absolutely hated it. Then I transferred to Regis University after looking at several other schools and it was the best decision I ever made. I love the fact that Regis is small and devoted to educating their students. Unless a future student looks at and experiences a variety of colleges, from large state schools to small private universities, they won't have a smaller chance at finding that school which is "just right" for them. Being stuck at a school that doesn't fit your academic and social needs ends up just being a waste of time and money. So that is my little bit of advice to all those future college students and their exasperated parents.

How much emphasis was put on writing ability.

Alysse

I think to find the right college to fit you, lots of college visits need to be arranged. Visit big and small schools, state and private schools, metropolitan and rural schools. You won't know how you like it unless you visit. I think college tours and the life in the day of a student are excellent resources that should be used because they illustrate the true environment of the college. And the students can give insite to what campus life, professors, the workload, the area are all about. I think to make the most of a college experience, you have to be open and willing. Attend the orientation workshops and activites, I highly recommend living on campus or in a house with fellow students because it will help you adjust with the rest of the incoming class while gaining knowledge from upperclassmen. Be social, join a club, go out and party and explore your new life, but don't forget why you are there, to get ahead, gain knowlegde, fulfill a dream and enter the working world with what empolyers love, experience. Get an internship and do research, try and make the most of it all while having fun.

I think the one very frustrating things at Regis is the core requirements, particularly the 2 religious studies requirements and the 2 philosophy requirements. I feel the both, because they tie so strongly to the Jesut missions is somewhat irksome to students that are neither religous nor Jesuit/Catholic/Christian. I do feel this does make for well rounded students, I just don't like discussing religion because its such a heated subject. And that people can become easily offened in these courses when forced to take them and write papers in them.

Kate

very friendly, and enthusiastic about the school and studies

very friendly, and enthusiastic about the school and studies

The teachers really care and are very focused on giving each student the best way for that student to learn.

Look for what you want, not what your parents want for you. Look at the things you crave for in a school, and go with that. Look at the academics what you want out of classes, visit the teachers, they are the most important part of the school if you don't like your teachers you will not learn.

Aloysius

I you want to really feel like a member in a close nit community as opposed to just a number, then Regis University is the right school for you. It may not have the football team or huge frat scene...but I honestly believe the attention given to each individual student by the faculty and staff to make sure they succeed is unparralleled at the collegiate level. YOu will truly feel at home...and be no more that 1 hour from the best ski slopes in the country...Who wouldnt want to come to Regis!

The teacher student relationships. All teachers genuinely care for not only the quality of work done in the classroom but also the quality of life. As long as the student shows they are putting effort into their work and study, the teacher will do there best to make sure the student completes the course to the best of their ability.

It is very close to the mountains. There are so many things to do outdoors near Regis that it is a paradise for those who like to be active outdoors. Whether it is skiing in Keystone, A-Basin, Breck, Beaver Creak, and Vail, rock climbing in morrison, or rafting in durango, there is so much to do...its a blast!!1

Regis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.