Denver, CO
Regis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Regis University

Katie

Again, Regis is best known for excellence in the aquisition of knowledge and personal character rooted in serventhood to others.

Making the transition into college for many is seen as a sign of freedom, a marker of independence, but its not an automatic opportunity to succeed. You have been very fortunate to have been supported by your family up to this point, but realize this security blanket is going to be removed. This is now your true opportunity to shine, not for them, for you. Now is the time for you to become yourself; independent of them. This is now your time to "practice" adulthood while still in a "safe zone." This is the time to meet new people, not the ones you have known since first grade. This is the time to have fun with new experiences, but not a free pass to "party it up" and waste this time. This is the time to cultivate and explore your "self." Dive into your studies; inquire of yourself about what you believe and why. Make goals for yourself, your future and your education; pursue them and remind yourself of them. Ask "Is this taking me closer to or father away from them?" You will find your answer clearly each time. Don't forget to stop and take time to breathe .

Any person who is not open and willing to be challenged to the excellence shold avoid Regis University. This university and its professors strive for the utmost in education and aquisition of knowledge. Also, one who does not prefer to engage in the social responsibility to surrounding communites would be advised to aviod Regis. This university holds in high regard its duty of serventhood to those in the community that are poor and/or are in need through a variety of outreach programs.

Kelly

A student who wants to make change happen should attend Regis. Weather the change is in the community or impacting the wrold. Regis gives students the knowledge and opportunintes to be able to not only have a successful career but life.

A student who is not willing to work hard should not attend Regis University. This person should be able to commit to a college that pushes you to be the best student you can be. Regis encourages students to do their best and will help the student along the way but they have to put in the effort first.

Uriah

If I could go back in time I would tell my senior self that great adversity is coming my way and that no matter what you will try anf keep trying until you acheive the goals that you want. I would tell my senior self that although I had never faced school adversity until I reached university that I would become an even better student then I thought I could ever be. I would let my senior self know that I had forsure picked the right University and that I would really enjoy my college years, I would also tell my senior self that at times it won't feel like it but medical school is the right choice for me and even though I will face a lot of things that tried to push me off my road to sucess that I will be the best doctor that I can be because of this. I would prepare myslef for the great transition that coming to me as a sudent but also as a person, college had made me a better person in a sense of understanding and meeting different people that want different things and just loving my life.

Regis University is a very medical career oriented school, we have a great nursing and pharmacy program. This school is also very small and offers small class sizes which was somthing that I wanted in a college because it is easier to build realtionships with teachers. This was somthing that I really wanted when I picked my school, a place where you can build many realtionships with the staff and students as well. The school although very medical emphasized also has many other great programs as well so that many students can join us on campus.

The type of person who shouldn't attend this school is someone who isn't very intertesed in recieveing a college diplomia from a harder school, Regis is a school that does have a little challenge that comes with it, so students who just want to brezze through college wouldn't really enjoy it here

Daniel

If I were to go back in time would tell myself a couple of major things. The first advice I would give myself would be to decide a career path earlier on in high school so I could be better prepared for classes. Being a pre-pt/ health and exercise science major I wish I would have taken classes like sports medicine and anatomy to make my college class load a bit easier. Another piece of advice I would give myself would be to take more AP and dual credit classes. This would have given me more time to take electives as well as allow me to finish my major faster while avoiding summer school. One final piece of advice I would give myself would be to do more scholarship searching and try to raise a little bit of money before going to college. Had I been able to apply for more Scholarships College would be a lot less stressful and easier to pay for. Also if I had been able to work during the summers of high school I would have had more work experience as well as more saved up money to spend on tuition and supplies.

Being colorado the worst thing about the school is probably smokers, weed or tabaco. Its really annoying to have people in your class that only care about weed and getting high when you are there actually trying to learn. It would really be nice if the campus were a smoke free enviorment for those with alergies and asthma to not have to endure with waling through areas with smokers. Overall weed seems to have a negative affect on the campus and take away from the learning enviorment and change the school to a party enviorment.

Mia

Regis University is a Religous based university. This school has taught me about several different religions I was unfamilar with. The professors are extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

It is amazing what you learn throughout your life experiences. If I could go back to high school, I would have made it a point to attend college immediately following graduation from high school. I would have also been more aware of how much financial aid I was borrowing and would try to apply for grants and scholarships to assist with the cost of college. I believe I would have also tried harder to get a better GPA in high school and hope for a scholarship or award while in school. I have also learned how important volunteer work is and would have made an effort to do volunteer work within my community.

Before I started at Regis University I had spent most of my funds at a previous and more expensive university. I wish I had most of my funds that I had spent at my previous school.

The best piece of advice I could have offered to myself would be, Grow Up. When I went to college after graduating from high school in 1997, I acted like I had never been out of the house before. I regularly skipped classes, and ultimately failed my first semester. I wasn't ready for the freedoms that came with living in the dorms. Going back to school, 17 years after my intial attempt, has proven to me that I can do it, if I dedicate myself to studying. By focusing on studying, and not partying, will make a big difference in what you get out of your education. In the end, all I have to show for my first semester of college is a bill. So, dedicate yourself to studying, stay away from the parties, and grow up.

The best part of Regis University is the Catholic Jesuit tradition that they incorporate into your learning. They are focused on providing a high quality education while at the same time teaching you how to become a better person.

I am attending Regis University through their online program. I would tell other people that attending Regis online is just like attending a regular brick-and-mortar university. The instructors are hands on, and very knowledgable. The class size is limited to fifteen people, so the instructors are quick to respond to emails and grades are posted quickly. The online computer science program at Regis is comparable to a traditional university.

Sean

This is a very small college with a large focus on academics and your future; and the faculity here are very receptive and want you to succede.

My advise to myself would be that I need to learn very quickly how to study, be effective and be engaged in the classroom for the future. For me, highschool was a breeze and I rarley ever studied. Now I have learned that you're not just taking tests in college to get a grade, your taking tests to make sure you are ready for the next level. Regis University kicked me in the butt my freshman year becuase I didn't know how to study, and I wasn't as hard working as I was my sophmore year which is reflected in my GPA. I would tell myself that there is a lot to do here and have so much fun, but I need to take time to not just study, but also really understand the course material at a deeper level. This is a necessary ballance that I believe I could only have learned at Regis University, and if I had any idea on how easy it is to get distracted and how important my studies are going to be in college, I would have done much better my first year here.

Parking and the strictness of the residence life here on campus. Often you will be late to class or a meeting because there is so little parking and if you dont show up early you will have to park almost a quarter mile away. The residence life here can be very strict and try to get all the moeny it can from you. They tried to charge me for damages in my room that I were there before I moved in and so I had to show proof so I wouldn't be charged.

Kaitlin

When you discover what is truly important to yourself, many people will try to persuade you to pursue a school or major that is cheaper or that will make you more money- stand strong. Recognize their advice and concern, but do not be swayed merely by the issue of money. You will find a way to make things work. Thinking of the future is important, but try not to get too caught up in figuring everything out or reaching the bottom line. Sometimes the most valuable knowledge is not found in the final grade, but in the often tedious and meticulous work it takes to get there. Applying for seven different colleges is not nearly as important on getting more scholarships. Focus on Colorado, it is beautiful and you’ll love it. Moving away may seem amazing and scary and exciting to the point of incomprehensible emotion, but it won’t be as terrifying as you imagine. Over the next few years and for the rest of your life, friends will come and go but the memories will remain present. And finally, read more. The amount of wisdom and understanding that you can receive from books is invaluable.

I wish I would have realized how small the school can become, especially among the on-campus students. Although I love the classroom sizes and the attention of the professors, it can become difficult to meet new people since many people tend to stick their friend groups and not branch out. Socializing on the weekend (such as partying) is much more difficult and inconvenient in the snow, but there are alternative activities to do with friends.

If you have a difficult time branching out and meeting new people, making lots of friends can be hard since not many people converse with eachother during class. If you want a big party school with lots of school spirit, then Regis isn't for you. There are plenty of things to do if you put effort into it, but there won't be huge ragers on campus. (They are very strict about possession or obvioius intoxication.)

Gina

You have so much going for you! Do not worry about what other people are saying to you and follow your heart, only you know what is right for you. Take time out of every day and nourish yourself and your being. Be gentle with yourself and know that everything is okay. Give yourself the gift of detaching from needing to have things work out a specific way, just allow and live life! Let it flow. I know that you are extremely driven and you take school incredibly seriously, do not fret, your hard work will always pay off. The pay off may just be in a different area than you originally thought. Spend time nourishing you and truly sitting and being authentic to who you are, not to who you think others want you to be. This is your life, you have the ability to create it exactly how you want. I love you.

I love this school, it is incredibly holistic and well rounded. The cost of attendance is high, but worth it!

An individual who works hard, is driven, accepting and loving.

David

Work and discipline only seem hard at the time. When you've achieved your goals, you'll actually be happy about the time and energy you've spent. Remember that the only way to achieve success is to jump into something head first. Immersion is the key. If you aren't willing to put all your life into something, then you're motivation isn't in the right place. No one will do this for you, so don't let others pull you into bad habits, bad thoughts. Stay focused.

Regis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.