Denver, CO
Regis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Regis University

Gina

You have so much going for you! Do not worry about what other people are saying to you and follow your heart, only you know what is right for you. Take time out of every day and nourish yourself and your being. Be gentle with yourself and know that everything is okay. Give yourself the gift of detaching from needing to have things work out a specific way, just allow and live life! Let it flow. I know that you are extremely driven and you take school incredibly seriously, do not fret, your hard work will always pay off. The pay off may just be in a different area than you originally thought. Spend time nourishing you and truly sitting and being authentic to who you are, not to who you think others want you to be. This is your life, you have the ability to create it exactly how you want. I love you.

I love this school, it is incredibly holistic and well rounded. The cost of attendance is high, but worth it!

An individual who works hard, is driven, accepting and loving.

David

Work and discipline only seem hard at the time. When you've achieved your goals, you'll actually be happy about the time and energy you've spent. Remember that the only way to achieve success is to jump into something head first. Immersion is the key. If you aren't willing to put all your life into something, then you're motivation isn't in the right place. No one will do this for you, so don't let others pull you into bad habits, bad thoughts. Stay focused.

Bethany

I think I would write myself a letter... Dear Highschool Me, I know you think you are ready and that you feel like no matter what happens, you'll do fine. Now, I'm not saying that isn't true, because it is true, but you should still be cautious. You see, life tends to take things as a challenge; you say you're ready and excited for college and it throws countless challenges and obsticles in your path. So, that being said here is my advice... Always speak up. I know it's really hard, but you need to at least get yourself out there a little bit. Don't miss class. It's not like highschool where your parents get called, but if you miss one class you realize it's not a big deal and then you miss six classes and that, that's a big deal. Also, trust yourself and be confident in it. It's incredibly hard to figure everything out if you aren't confident in yourself, first. Lastly, if things start to go wrong, don't be afraid to ask for help, ever. And don't forget, I'm always here for you.

Personally, I am not the type of person who really thrives here; hence why I am transfering. However, I don't think it should be said that any type of person SHOULDN'T attend this school. I struggled because of not forcing myself to get myself out of my comfort zone and because of it being my first year since preschool to have new classmates or have to make new friends. That being said, though, I think everyone who is interedted in attending Regis, should. You never know how it will go until you try, no matter who you are.

On many occasians I have had the opportunity to brag about Regis University. I always start by describing the capmpus. The school is tucked away in its own oasis away from the rush of the city. Everywhere you go on campus you can find benches and tables tucked away in tree coves and large grassy areas; perfect for studying. I then move into talking about the classes and the professors. Most of the professors are incredibly personal and learn everyone by name. I've had some of the best conversations with my professors. And that's just the begining.

I would tell myself to study harder, and continue with the foreign language. A third year would really help and give me some college credit. Getting a good study routine would be smart so that when you get to college, you aren't so pressured and stressed. Learn to spend your time wisely and productively. Be sure to ask for help always, when you get to college, you will not have the luxury of having teachers who actually care that much. Your friends will come and go, but they are not going to help you get the education and degree you need; so focus on school, then you can have a social life. Self discipline is important, learn to monitor yourself and know what's right or wrong. Mom and Dad will not, and should not have to tell you everything anymore. Really research colleges to see which one suits you best, and do not pick them, based on who will be there, but on what makes you happy. College is as hard or as easy as you make it. You can take the easy way and take relaxed classes, or you can challenge yourself and progress faster. Challenge yourself!

Vivianne

Regis is awesome! Although the price to go there can seem intimidating, it is well worth it. Classes are small which gives you a more individualized and personalized education. The teachers are always willing to help and watch you succeed. And there is always something to do there, you will never be bored. There is some activity going on at least every night. Everyone there is also very welcoming and since it is a smaller school, I promise you will not get lost as easily, so don't let that scare you.

I have plenty of advice I would give myself as a high school senior. All throughout high school I took advanced classes but the information always seemed to stick, so I rarely had to study. Once I was in college though this was an entirely different story, so I would say that you should really take your reading seriously. If you do not read the assigned chapters then you will fall behind. Another thing to really take into account is the syllabus that teachers give you at the beginning of the semester. They follow their schedule religiously and it is a great way to map out your semester so you know what to expect later. Another thing I would tell myself as I go into college, is to not be afraid to ask for help from teachers. While in high school I never felt the need to ask for help; I would just figure it out myself. Trying to figure things out on your own is much harder as the information becomes more complex in college, so don't be afraid or embarrassed to ask for help from professors; that's what they're there for.

The worst thing about my school has to be the amount of work and time you have to put into your homework. Sometimes I will have so much homework that I will still not finish it even though I've spent all night working on it and I talk to friends that go to other schools and they don't seem to have this issue at all. Some words of advice, because you will run into this issue, is to manage your time wisely. Do not slack off because you will get behind in your work.

Alyssa

If I were able to go back I would tell myself to try my best in the last year of high school, be as involved in as many extracurricular activities as you can. You will miss highschool. Once you get to Regis, be as nice and friendly to everyone you meet. Friends are a vertue and will help out a lot when you are feeling homesick and need someone to talk to. Get involved at Regis, this not only keeps your mind off of being far from home, but it also enables you to meet more friends. Lastly, take advantage of all the tutoring sessions and centers that are their to help you. When you have a question or don't understand something, ask. Take your school work seriously and try your best. As long as you do these things, you'll go as fa as you can. Oh and also enjoy yourself, don't stress everything will work out in the end.

The best thing about Regis is the easy access to tutoring and outside help. The professors really care and go out of their way to make sure every student understands. Also since the classes are so small the professors are able to give each student a better understanding.

Before I came to this school, I wish I had a better understanding of exactly how small it is. You know everyone and everyone knows you. This has its up and downs but depending on your personailty this can make you or break you.

Trudy

This is a school centered around religious study of all religions while allowing you to explore you relationship to God's World. The Jesuit education is rigiorous, up to date, and will prepare you for graduate school and beyone.

Education is an opportunity, a blessing, and the gift you will give to your life, family, career and the world. Do not stop at the minimum or take the easy way out when the going becomes difficult. Just getting by will never be enough for you. Growth is an essential and sometimes painful process to become better spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically. The benefit you will provide comes in reaching your full potential and then teaching others how to reach their potential. Many will come to you seeking answers to life problems. Study harder than required to complete your degree. Fill your mind with the best answers you will find. Prepare to share your knowledge with a world hungering for truth. Do not be afraid to share yourself, your ideas, and your failures with those you will encounter. It is in your failures that many will find the way to avoid the pitfalls of life. Lift up your eyes and mind beyond your own petty imaginings and ego. Pursue opportunities to love others through service as it will bring you greater joy than all the accolades you dream of achieving. Your motto becomes: Touching each life, one at a time.

Are you interested in excelling academically while gaining lifetime writing skills? Do you believe the reason to obtain a higher education is to serve and help others? Do you want to learn in a Jesuit tradition from a school who is alligned to their mission statement? If so than Regis University is for you.

Shauna

The best advice I could give myself if I were once again a high school senior would be to focus more on job shadowing prior to entering college. As a teenager, it is very difficult to determine a career or professional discipline if you have never been exposed to anything but a minimum wage paying job. Sometimes, an entry level position can indeed lead one to have a greater understanding about their career objective, even if it is to gain an awareness of what one does not wish to do for the remainder of their working years. However, it would be advantageous if high school students would either complete a co-op program offered through their educational institution or else be ambitious enough to seek an internship in a specific working environment they believe would be rewarding. Were high schoolers able to apply the above advice, they may be able to prevent wasted expenditures on an educational degree that they thought they would find stimulating, only to realize that the career field of their choice was not at all what they imagined it to be upon graduation and subsequent entrance into the workforce.

There isn't any prior knowledge I wish I had before attending Regis University. I was an online student and was completely impressed by the fluidity of the program.

My favorite bragging right in regards to Regis University is the fact that all students must complete a community service project in fulfillment of the Jesuit philosphy.

Jeannine

They offer unlimted volunteer services that open doors into the business world.

As I go back in time I would meet myself at starbucks and have a talk about what I want for myself after high school. As a student who was focused and had a dream to go to college to become a pediatric doctor, I would make sure that I had an alternative plan. I would tell myself that in college there are going to be people who are not as support as your family, but you can’t let them get to you. No matter how much they discourage you, believe in yourself, look into what makes you happy and you can see yourself doing for the rest of your life. The transition into college isn't hard, but choose a school that supports your religious beliefs and doesn’t force your to conform to things you don’t believe in. Stay focused and no longer how long it takes choose the school that your heart chooses not what others have chosen for you. People in college come and go, but those that helped you to get to where you are now and are still with you, keep them close and don’t let go. Save and spend wisely.

Heather

Our school is best known for our Science programs and our ability to get jobs after graduation.

Enjoy high school while you can. It goes by quick, and even though you can't wait to get out of high school, you'll miss it. College is so much harder than you expect. You're going to be stressed, tired, and exhausted, but it will all be worth it soon enough! Be nice to mom and dad, because they are now in debt up to their eye balls! All for you! Don't be nervous about moving into the dorms and being so far away from your family. You'll make plenty of new friends and you can call your family every day! College is so scary and so exciting all at the same time! Don't take any of this time for granted and don't wish it away. This is a magical experience and you are so lucky to get to have it!

Regis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.