Denver, CO
Regis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Regis University

Reuben

Some are really down-to-earth, Liberal Arts or Politics majors that know a lot about the world and our role in it.; others think that they are God's boone to humanity because they are Nursing or Pre-Med majors; some are just Communications or Art or Business majors that really don't care about schoolwork: they are just here to party; all are easy enough to get along with.

My entire paradigm of the value of education in my life has changed because of my first 18 months in college. Some professors have been able to initiate my interest in areas such as Freirean Pedagogy that I would have never explored had it not been for my contact with these professsors. Other professors have helped me realize that I can accomplish my hopes and dreams for life. My English professor is showing me outside of the classroom where my writing abilities are, and is reassuring me that I can one day soon accomplish my childhood dream of being a published author. My Spanish professor has illuminated me to the fact that simply my interest in foreign-language acquisition and etymological linguistics qualifies me for my dream of studying near-extinct or long-dead languages. Most importantly, I have discovered how to research things that interest me, whether or not that knowledge relates to my classes and will help me get a good grade. My college experience has shown me that even though the world can be a scary place, I am acquiring the tools necessary to navegate this Odyssey successfully, and to live a happy and successful life.

The lack of programs available. Professors seem to be knowledgeable about a wide array of content areas and disciplines, but the school only has a limited variety of degrees and majors available to students.

Sabrina

The small class sizes and personal attention from the professors is unique and very helpful. The counsellors are focused on helping every student to attain his/her goals and there is extra help everywhere. The school also offers a guaranty that if you do not graduate in 4 years, you can continue to attend until you earn your degree at no extra charge.

I am learning alot, not just about the academics that my courses address, but also about myself. I feel like this is the perfect atmosphere in which to grow up, and at the same time feel safe. College is very different than high school, some people fail because they are still looking for the hand-holding that one gets in high school. At Regis, they don't just throw you our there, they explain why it's time to push away from the coddling and grow up, and they help you to do that.

There is no football team, so a football player should not attemd. This is a small school, anyone looking for a "party school" should look elsewhere.

Heath

Having grown up in a town of roughly 8,000 people and 2 hours from anything the world often seemed small. Peoples' lives revolved around that town and making a living. They focused on their families, friends, and retirement. Many of my classmates concentrated on sports and graduating with that golden 4.0. All of these things are respectable goals, but attending a college in a city of 2.5 million people changes the way the world looks and feels. The thousands of faces seen every day rushing from point A to point B and back again made me realize how large this world truly is. It threw in my face the fact that most of my accomplishments to date were insignificant in the scope of life. This revealation coupled with a college built around morals and helping the world altered my perspective on what it means to truly live and be happy during this crazy thing we call life. My college experienced changed me for the better. It showed me that I share this world with 7 billion other people and a life well lived comes from works of service, because when you change the world you change yourself.

I wish I knew about the amount of financial aid the school provides its students with before coming here. I decided on attending this college late in my college planning and lost out on aid due to the fact that it was already taken or the deadlines for the scholarships already expired.

I truly love this school, the campus is beautiful and the people are genuinely nice and easy to talk to, but the tuition has been hard to meet due to the fact that it's a private school. The food in the cafeteria is also just cafeteria food. It isn't disgusting, but it isn't exactly gourmet or sit down quality.

Diana

Regis University is a Jesuit school, based on Chrsitian values and beliefs.

Regis University is a Jesuit school, based on Chrsitian values and beliefs.

Regis University has prepared me for the graduate level educational experience and the career path that I have chosen, that of a nursing educator. The Jesuit values and emphasis on service learning have deepened my understanding and appreciation of the abilities I have, and "How I ought to live" in service to my family, community and country.

Regis University places significant emphasis on Jesuit Values, and service learning. The educational expectations are demanding, but worthwhile. The result is an education that one can be proud of, and well prepared for the workplace. Serious learners only, party animals need not apply.

Chelsea

College was a lot different than what I thougt it was going to be. I have learned a lot of valuable knowledge like being on time and what it will be like in the working world. I've been at community college trying to save money up so I can go to a University. I've gotten a lot of core classes out of the way which I'm happy about. I'm doing everything I can to go to college with minimal amout of debt when I get out. Even if I do live under a mountian of debt in the end it will be well worth getting an education and knowledge for a better future.

Ryndi

5. Ability to Adapt: two weeks in and I was already able to ignore (or at least repress a scream at the sight of) the giant hairball in the corner of the shower. 4. Independence: No curfew, but no safety net either. 3. Knowledge: A given? Maybe. But it is still undeniably significant. 2. Financial Responsibility: No more pocket money. More like "stay in my pocket money". 1. Gratitude: Count my blessings? I never realized my fingers and toes were not sufficient.

Any person more interested in an Animal House/Van Wilder-esque social experience than their actual education would probably be somewhat unhappy with the Regis party scene. However, who am I to decide the student body? Even a hard-core partier could simply drive up to Boulder or down to FoCo for a party fix. Every kind of person should attend Regis, because experiencing diversity is a major component of a real college adventure.

The aspect I find most frustrating about Regis University is the lack of available treadmills in the gym. Shallow, right? Well, running is my drug-I need it every day. Sometimes, however, I have a limited amount of time to devote to running and I cannot fit a long run around the community into my schedule. On these days, I venture across campus to the gym in hopes of a quick fix. You can imagine my frustration, then, when all three (only three!) treadmills are occupied by fellow devotees. Help!

Dalinda

Regis University's CPS program is intimate and intellectual!

Regis University's CPS program is intimate and intellectual!

The first advice I would give myself would be go to school right away! Waiting until you are older just makes the whole process harder and you miss out on the exciting college experience. Also by going to college right out of high school you have less commitment on your time and money. Going through college should be an experience that helps you make better choices for your life in the long term. I would also tell myself to check out as many colleges as possible and find the one that is the best fit for you. Every university has it's own personality and taking the time to explore that is worth the investment and gives you a better chance at success.

I attend the adult education branch of Regis University. This program is geared towards the adult learner that may be working full time and have a family. I love the small classes and the teachers have worked in the fields that they are teaching. This brings about great discussions and better learning. I would reccomend this program for any adult that is looking to earn their degree.

Josie

Like Tolstoy simply stated, " If you want to be happy, be." No one is going to hand you happiness on a silver platter. It is up to you to hike up the mountain of success. Let me tell you, it is a long journey full of frustration, confusion, and self doubt. As a high school senior, I was constantly reassured that college would just work itself out. Teacher after teacher, counselor after counselor, I did not realize the implications of "graduation" until I actually graduated. I would like to say that college is part of the "real world," but it just isn't simply because people in the "real world" actually get paid. College students have deadlines, headaches, cram sessions, anxiety attacks, and all nighters while they rack thousands of dollars of debt through loans. With all that being said, I can not think of an experience in the world that offers people such ability to fully reach their potentials. College is like all the gear that makes climbing the mountain of success attainable. So to you, high school senior, look forward to the future and choose happines.

Although some may consider a small student body size a blessing, I think it makes things ten times harder when everyone has their own little clique. Bascially, if you are not in a clique by the second semester, good luck! Also, Regis is a Catholic Jesuit university which means that there are rules based around Catholic values. For instance, nobody of the opposite sex can sleep in your room, etc. If you are anti-religious values, then this is not the college for you.

Like I said before, someone who is not willing to respect the values of the Jesuits. Also, anyone who is not willing to work hard. Regis is by no means a party school!

Daniel

Regis University is best known for the academic rigor it provides. The school is an example of the Jesuit Tradition and the emphasis that this order has placed on academics. This University embodies the philosophy of each student's place in the world and how each individual can contribute to various communities: campus, city, country, world, and humanity.

If I could provide some insight to myself as a Senior it would focus upon the need for time management. I thought I was busy in High School balancing academics, sports, homework, work, and community service, but college life is far busier. A college student needs to be far more cautious with time management. One big factor: more opportunities for social without a parent reminding you of different time lines. I would advise myself to schedule study time that is not allowed to be interrupted. These interruptions can build and suddenly it is test time! Good Luck! P.S. Don't forget to schedule eating!

Prior to coming to Regis I thought that I was aware of how important time management is to a college student. I now know that time management is of utmost importance. A student can be very intelligent, but without time management the educational opportunities are lost.

Annette

Regis University is best known for their Jesuit Catholic tradition. As the only Jesuit Catholic school in Colorado, Regis is highly sought after and has many applicants every year. Secondly, Regis is also known for the quality of nurses their program educates. Nurses from Regis University are generally guaranteed a position shortly after graduation with little or no competition.

If the opportunity arose to go back in time to give myself advice as a high school senior, armed with the knowledge and experience I have today, there are a few things I would advise: 1. Organization is extremely important! Regardless of the task, the class, or even the assignment, maintaining an organized system will help facilitate learning by making finding documents easier, notes will be located faster, and you will always know what lies ahead. 2. Apply for scholarships. Everyone wants to believe that they are super-heroes, that they can do it all on their own. I/you can't. Applying for scholarships will help relieve your stress because you won't have to worry about working to cover bills while in school. Applying for scholarships would also facilitate your learning because you will have more time to spend studying. 3. Just get it done. Whatever arises- get it done! Homework- get it done! Studying- get it done! Rest- very importantly get it done! Exercise- get it done! You will have opportunities to go to school, but why waste time and money? Following these three somewhat easy pieces of advice will make it easier. Just get it done!

The person who should not attend this school is someone who is not interested in putting in the time to do the work required to receive good grades. Regis is a wonderful, prestigious school that is quite costly but cares about serving and ensuring that the whole person (body, spirit, and mind) are all taken care of. Anyone who is self-centered and not interested in bettering themselves and the world as a whole should not apply.

Regis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.