Denver, CO
Regis University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Regis University

Reuben

I would tell myself to be sure to attend a class at every college I was even remotely considering. It is a good idea not only to visit every campus possible while looking at schools, but to also attend classes at each one to see what they are like. Maybe a large lecture hall class of 300 students is okay with you if want the large school party scene, but maybe you can handle a calm campus for the sake of getting to know your professors personally. Furthermore, do not base your decision just on the class visited at one college: visit MANY colleges, and look into all of the information you can find on the department that offers the major of your choice. For example, as a senior I was looking at how Spanish classes were taught. I would tell myself to also look at how well developed the entire Foreign Language department was, and how many professors were around to provide assistance and look at other languages. I would tell myself to go on as many over-night stays at as many colleges as possible, in order to get a feel for the social aspects of the school.

Modern and Classical languages at Regis are terrible. The French department is depressingly small (one full-time professor), as is Ancient Greek, Latin and German. We only offer Italian as an idependent study. The Spanish department is the only foreign language with a thriving teaching base. While Spanish is a beneficial "foreign" language for students to learn, this really limits the Humanities students from getting a full perspective of world languages. Regis boasts a good core of a Liberal Arts education, but fails to provide quality Liberal Arts classes to get a Humanities degree.

Anyone who isn't either wanting to go on to medical school or teach. Regis University seems to be designed for individuals who want a biology degree, a chemistry degree, or a nursing degree to go on to medical school. The Education department is also very good. This school is based largely in exact science majors. Anyone wanting to get a good education in biblical and ancient languages would be hard-pressed to thrive. Anyone wanting to learn a modern language other than Spanish would have a difficult time. Our English department, while growing, is limited as well.

Shannon

Throughout my senior year of High School, I continuously worried about choosing a career, constantly debating between being a nurse or a doctor. I figured that this would help me decide which college would be best for me. Therefore, I finally decided to attend Regis University because of its outstanding nursing program. However, after taking one semester of classes specifically for nursing students, I decided to change my major to Biology and try to get into medical school. I have come to realize, therefore, that is very difficult to decide on a career at age 18. Consequently, if I could jump on a time machine and travel back to my senior year of High School, I would tell myself not to overly stress out about a career decision. It takes a lot of time to start figuring out the best path to take in life. This gradual process of self-discovery has encompassed one of the best parts of my college experience so far. Like every college student, I have started to discover who I really am and what I want to do with the rest of my life.

I love the small community at Regis University. The professors are always there to help when I have questions and the class sizes are small. The campus is small enough that I never feel lost. Also, Regis University has a great reputation, so I know that having Regis University on my applications to medical school will make a big difference.

A person who would rather go to a small private school than a huge state university should attend Regis University. Also, people attending Regis University should be focused on academics.

Christopher

The majority of my classmates seem jovial and full of excitement.

The majority of my classmates seem jovial and full of excitement.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would definitely straighten myself up. I was a great student in high school, but I never took into account the fact that my high school didn't have great curriculums to challenge the students. Therefore, I falsely believed that I was a top student in the entire state of Colorado. When I got to college, I came back down to earth. I was extremely behind the other students who went to much better high schools, and suddenly my 3.8 GPA in high school meant nothing. It was a disappointing discovery, but it challenged me to surpass my standards to regain the status of being a great student. I would let my high school self know all of this and tell him to go above and beyond what the teachers were requiring. If that meant extra studying and reading each night, I should do that. I would also encourage my high school self to take a proactive approach in researching each field of study in college, because having a general idea of what you want helps greatly.

Caitlin

Preparing to go to college is a stressful, exciting time for all students. With graduation and collegiate freedom looming in your immediate future it is sometimes hard to concentrate on the important details in preparing for ultimate success in college. I wish I had prepared better for college by saving more money and applying for more scholarships. Writing scholarship essays is a dreaded mundane activity for all high school seniors but I cannot stress the importance of applying to these scholarships enough. Too many of my friends in college have taken high interest loans that will hinder their saving abilities after college. It is too easy to get stressed about the humongous amounts of money college entails and remain paralyzed by this stress, I encourage all seniors to face this stress head on devout this energy instead on researching scholarships. Socially, transitioning to college is very frightening. I would tell all seniors not to worry about making friends or fitting in; even if you struggled to make friends in high school college offers a fresh start to all. Not to sound clich?, but seniors, remember you can do this, give it your best and you will succeed!

One bit of advice I wish i had known before attending Regis is the benfits of saving your money. College is very, very expensive and students preparing to go to a university should use all their resources to apply for scholarships, get a part time job in the summer, and save thier money.

Any type of person should attend Regis! Regis is very diverse and my eyes have been opened to many new cultures and groups of interesting people. Regis is a school for students who are looking for personal relationships, you will not be a "number" at Regis. It is a a small, personal school that truely allows students to grow and develop through a prestigeous, well rounded liberal arts education.

Ryan

I chose Regis University for a few reasons. First, compared to other colleges close to me like The University of Colorado, the price at Regis University was much less. Second, Regis is a highly ranked school in the U.S. and is actually ranked above CU. Thirdly, the classes that I attend are at night and we only have to meet once a week. This helps me so I can still work 40 hours a week and still manage my school work.

If I was able to go back to when I was a high school senior I would share with myself two main things. The first, I would tell myself to study hard. When I started college I put enough effort into my classes to get B's and a couple A's. However there were some C's in my early college courses. To see how the C grades effected my overall GPA was devastating. I then worked very hard to improve my overall GPA to at least a B average with my last few semsters at the community college I attended. Now at Regis University, I put all the effort into my school work that I can. I now can proudly say that I have an A average a Regis. another important piece of information I would tell myself would be to stick with it. If I had not taken any breaks over summers or any semesters off I would be finished with school by now. Most of my friends have now graduated. But, I know that I still have a bright future infront of me and I will do everything I can to make the best of it.

The best thing about my school is how high it is ranked in the U.S. compared to other colleges. It is comforting to know Regis University is acknowledge as a great school. Also, to know that the knowledge I Iearn from Regis is highly sought after by employers.

Victoria

My school is a place where I can learn and grow as a person and develop myself as a leader and a professional.

If I could go back and talk to myself when I was sixteen and a senior in high school, I would tell myself to go to college right after graduation. While I do not regret waiting so long to go to college, I am sorry that it is taking me so long to complete my degree. It much more difficult to work full time, be a single parent, and attend college than it would have been to start college at seventeen! It is never too late to get a higher education, but all things being equal, it would have been easier if I did not have such a large amount of adult responsibilities that I need to fulfill while taking classes. Homework is a whole different ball game when you have a young child! The great thing is that I can still reap the benefits of a college education whether at 41 or 17. A college degree is the best way to get ahead in my career and make a better life for my family.

I think a person that wants the best quality education they can get should attend this school.

Amber

Looking back now on my senior year I would have to say that one of my biggest regrets was not looking for scholarships more vigorously. I feel that I relied too much on the schools I was applying to to help me. Fortunately, the school I am at now did help me a great deal with financial aid; however, since it is a private school, the overall expense is still enough that I am taking out more in loans than I had hoped. Often times as a college student most of what makes the experience is the extra curricular activities that supplement the classroom learning, yet these are often times a financial burden when added to tuition and books. I feel if I would have planned more financially and tried harder to get outside scholarships my senior year, extra curricular activties I am participating in now, such as my internship in Washington D.C., would be much less burdensome to my family and myself. I don't have many regrets from senior year since I am happily at my first choice school, but if I could go back in time I would advise myself to be more prepared financially.

Jacqueline

Your first semester you may find that you are entering a whole new world where you are learning to make your own decisions and they may not always be the best choices, but they are yours. People change so much during their initial couple of years as adults, your friends may change, your views on life may change and there may be times when you feel like everything around you is crumbling, but hang in there, all of these changes will make you stronger and more self sufficient. During this time it is important to enjoy yourself, believe in the incredible person you are and never stop learning from those around you, but above all don?t loose your focus. Your future is a blank slate at this moment; you have the opportunity to become anyone you want, so dream big.

If you do not have a strong determination and excellent study habits, this school can become very difficult.

I have attended classes on campus and online. My current schedule is 100% online, the flexibility of online classes is great if you have the necessary determination to stay current and can work well on your own there are sometimes when the lack of in person contact with fellow students and teachers can be difficult.

Candy

Get college over with right after high school - don't wait. Do not procrastinate in getting your assignments done.

The adult-based learning program where you only attend each class once a week was perfect, since I am a working adult.

I didn't like the lack of responsiveness of my academic advisor. I attended a smaller campus of Regis University in Colorado Springs, where the courses offered were sometimes limited and not accessible for my degree requirements. I also did not like that 98% of my courses required an oral presentation - I am not a communications major!

Regis University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.