Regis University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Regis University

Nathan

Regis University is a great school. My classes are hands on. I feel that this creates a better learning environment. The professors and staff are easily accessible. I am a graduate student so I really can not rate the housing on campus. The food is good, just a bit on the expensive side.

Katherine

Regis has really unique classes and, for the most part, dedicated professors. However, the required core curriculum does not allow for students to easily double major or minor. Also, I have had multiple problems with the financial aid office; my package was continuously changed, and the staff I spoke to about it consistently gave me different numbers. I was treated very poorly by the parking office and felt like I was conned into committing to the school. The university has interesting classes but is not worth the amount of money it demands.

Perla

My overall opinion of Regis University is that it is diverse. All students want to be felt welcomed no matter where you come from. Many right off the bat would think because its a catholic school that everything is religious based, yes, there is some influence but that's it. Everyone is welcomed. It's amazing to know that the staff wants you to succeed. They push you but never leave you wandering alone. There is always help around the corner when you least expect it. I am proud to say that I attend Regis University, because they have earned it and my only wish is to show off how great of a school it truly is.

Micaela

I love my class sizes. This past spring semester my calculus class had only 10 students in it which made it easy for us to get to know our professors. The professors want you to succeed and care about your well being inside and outside the classroom.

Gracie

good job regis

It is a very pleasant place with a great reputation

I love it. The class sizes are small, and the school itself is pretty small. It's really easy to know everyone during your first week on campus. It's also very pretty. Nature has truly taken it's course all over campus. The professors are great and supportive, and I can't wait to complete my semester!

Great online atmosphere and easy to use.

Bethany

If you are looking for a small, safe, beautiful college with plenty of attention from your professors and many fun things to do in the surrounding community, Regis is perfect for you. The small campus is warm and welcoming, and the staff at Regis truly cares about not only your academic life, but your life beyond school and who you are as a person. The curriculum focuses on the Jesuit values, one of them being "cura personalis", or "care for the whole person." I hardly doubt other universities make students feel respected like Regis University does. It is truly amazing. Furthermore, Regis is located only 10 minutes away from beautiful downtown Denver when you feel like getting off campus, and the university itself provides hundreds of wonderful clubs and extracurricular activities. Schedule a tour to witness the beauty of the campus.

Javan

Regis University has to be one of the most welcoming universities out there. It is a very beautiful campus with a lot of foliage. The campus is small which allows for its students to create a tight nit community. Class sizes are also no very large unless you are taking a science course. Smaller class sizes makes it much easier to get direct help from the professor. Professors actually want to see their students succeed and will do whatever they can to help. Overall it is a very great university to attend and I would highly recommend it.

Sabrina Skaggs

The school has a great focus on developing the whole person. The jesuit values develop a strong morally conscious environment and opportunities for the students to participate in discussion. The school size is phenomenal and the student body is diverse in interests, ethnicity, and more. There are opportunities to participate in sports. The area is great and close to Denver but not fully submersed in the city. Overall, the school is good value and offers a wide variety of opportunities for their students.

crystal

The online programs are a sham! Their instructors do nothing an on campus instructor would do, like teach, or answer questions. They simply occasionally provide grades. The site used for adding and dropping classes looks like it's from 1991 and does not work! I dropped a course over a month before the start date and confirmed my balance for that semester was 0.00. Then I received a bill for the course and late fees in the mail several months later! Do not go here unless you want to give your money away for free! Literally no educational service provided an you will have to pay! So much for being an "ethical" college with Jesuit values!

Allison

Great atmosphere in a beautiful place! Denver is filled with amazing people and Regis U is so close. I love that it is a smaller campus feel and the teachers really care about you. Also, being a new student to Regis U, I found that they made it so easy s a transfer student!

Marissa

Regis University is truly an exemplary school. Not only does the University value academic achievement and quality education, but the development of each individual student as a person serving the world is also highly regarded. Central to every class is the idea of cura personalis, or care of the whole person. Regis supports its students academically but also as members of a greater community. Service learning is encouraged as a way to learn from the community and to give back as well. As both a Regis graduate, and a current student at Regis, I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school! There are so many opportunities which have been available to me thanks to my degrees from Regis!

Madeline

Having been at Regis University for about 3 years I can say that I really do like it here. Class sizes are small, usually between 15-30 people, with the max being very rare unless you are in a Nursing program like myself. Academics are very rigorous here, retention rate is low because students don't realize how academically demanding Regis University is. Even a painting class I took was no joke, missed 1 day more than I should have and my grade was dropped. Teachers here work very hard to make sure you walk away from college with more than just "weekend throw-down" memories, they really do connect and care about their students. Are there teachers that lecture for 2 hours and leave, and never show up to their office hours? Of course, but there are students like that as well. The campus is gorgeous, and the food at all the places to eat on campus are usually very good, but can be pricey. Freshman on campus housing in O'connell and Desmet are awful. Such a small space for 2 people to live. O'connell is the oldest residence hall so it has been known to have some serious plumbing issues. BUT they do have 100% free laundry!! (thank goodness) In my personal opinion I hated, hated, HATED on campus housing, but I know a ton of people who loved it because they met a million friends and had tons of fun and etc etc. It's really a journey you have to decide for yourself!! Much better housing options as a Sophomore and up. You can rent little apartments, share a larger suite with 1 other person, (just make it past freshman housing). FYI Regis on campus housing is EXPENSIVE if you're scholarships cover it awesome, or financial aid, but I would look at renting a house with buddies when you can, it will be much cheaper. Also, Regis University does NOT allow sex in the dorms, because of its religious views. Nor does the on campus health facility give birth control for contraception. You have to make up a lie that you have cramps, bad acne, or heavy periods if you want birth control. Regis university also operates on a "points" system. If you break a school rule you attend student court and they decide your punishment, which will be a certain amount of "points" and I'm not sure the amount for probation or expulsion. Area around Regis is not one you should walk alone, I mean seriously. If you need to go somewhere at night there is always security to escort you, or a bus to take you to a parking lot after evening classes. It's just not a safe surrounding area. As a Junior soon to be senior I live off campus and have no problems, nor have I ever had any problems during night classes when campus, or walking to my car. Many people ask if drugs are big at Regis and I would say yes and no, a lot of smoking marijuana, and the use of cocaine and Adderall. BUT only if you choose to be around those people who choose to use drugs. If you don't use drugs or don't want to then you don't have to. No one is the boss of you, except you! Just be aware of your surroundings and if you feel uncomfortable then leave, it's all up to you. On a side note, Regis university works so so hard to get as many scholarships for students, it's actually amazing. I truly appreciate their work there. Anyways buildings are in very nice condition, amazing resources for students, and beautiful campus. There are a million clubs to join, student job fairs, networking fairs, resume workshops, mock interview workshops, and writing centers for any critique of a written assignment. On a time crunch? They even have people who can proofread your paper and return it in the hour. AAAH SO AWESOME. I hope some of this is helpful, but please don't let 1 negative thing stop you from making you own choices about a place, it's all personal perception. Be open to all the new experiences college will open to you!

anne

so far Regis has been great. have made some great friends, the teachers actually know mot peoples name and there is always something to do. Awareness for problems is everywhere and i feel very safe. I love to be able to walk around on campus and see all of the people walking their dogs or playing with their children, It makes me want to bring my family one day

Abbie

Regis is a great academic school, but I feel as though it's a little closed off to the community. There is a giant metal fence that makes Regis seem like it's its own community- not at all connected to the bigger one. The discussions here are always thought provoking, and the university does an outstanding job at hosting events to gain awareness of subjects. The campus life is definitely catered toward students who live there, but is not secluded to them.

Serriah

My overall opinion of Regis University is that it is truly amazing. They offer a lot and the students love being involved. The campus is beautiful, as well. The environment is very safe and welcoming. Everyone is so friendly. The staff is very encouraging and so engaged in the students.

The counsellors and advising staff are all amazing and have helped me so much. They all have very good office hours in which they have helped me, and the students are very kind. The only problem is the neighborhood surrounding Regis, and it’s occasional dangers. However, no dangerous activity ever happens on campus.

Kathryn

I've had a great experience. I especially love the professors, they are very accessible and great to work with. I am studying abroad next semester, and I've had a good experience thus far in my communication with the study abroad office. I have a work-study job and I am a T.A., both of which have been good experiences.

Imane

Regis has a great graduate programs! Diversified with flexible hours and online access to classes as well as library. The professors are very helpful and supportive! Life at Regis is fast-paced. Part of it is the eight weeks terms and part of it is the need to experience everything and anything there!

Haley

I think Regis is an incredible institution and I am so happy I decided to go here. I come from a tiny town and it was really cool to go to school in the middle of Denver. All of my professors care about me as a person and I have gone to many office hours with one question and it has turned into a multiple hour conversation just because your teacher is interested. Also as an athlete the professors are very understanding and will help you out in anyway you might need it.

Gabbie

I love Regis University because it offers small class sizes which I appreciate because your teachers know your name and care about your learning styles. Regis has a small community, but always makes sure students have many activities and fun events to go to.

Remi

Overall, the professors are really amazing for the most part. I really value having a good relationship with the people who are educating me and feeling important and cared for. Regis is a great school if this is what you're looking for. If you value really amazing, quality facilities like a gym/rec center, theatre/auditorium, sports stadiums, greek life, etc. this is not the school for you.

Anna

I have enjoyed attending Regis for the past year and a half. Although there are some things that could improve, such as extra curriculars and dorm life, it is still a great university. What I like about Regis is the class sizes and how you actually get to know your professor. I also like the people, the environment. and the safety of the campus as well.

Fiona

I absolutely LOVE Regis University. The classes, the campus, the professors, and the students are all so amazing, helpful, comforting, encouraging, and kind. I would never choose another school for my undergraduate degree. It has great on-campus and off-campus communities and the quality of education is super great. Regis not only teaches you how to be a good student and how to be an expert in your field, it teaches you how to be the best person you can be.

Elisa

Regis gave me a safe place to grow intellectually and emotionally. The faculty are supportive of whatever your dreams may be and will help you get there through a variety of classes/electives. I will always consider this arboretum campus to be home!

The academics are pretty great, as the small class sizes make it really easy to get personal help from the professors and build connections with them and your peers. The campus is welcoming and friendly and it is easy to make connections and find where you fit in. The dorm life could be improved, as the construction sometimes interferes with a good living situation, but overall it is a good school to live at.

Carina

I thoroughly enjoy the values of Regis and what they do for the community. The neighborhood is fun and close to the lively Downtown Denver which makes weekends to blow off steam great. Many of the instructors are engaging in our education and really willing to go that extra mile to help you succeed.

Kassandra

The campus life is amazing and the professors are strong on supporting their students to succeed and do better. They want students to achieve and help them find jobs in their studies. Many students do get employed 6 months after graduating. The atmosphere is great and the students get involved with the community and others who they attend school with.

Danielle

I really have enjoyed my education at Regis so far. Most of my classes are small, even for core classes. I am someone who has a lot of questions and needs a lot of extra help in order to get good grades. My teachers are very good about making time for me to answer all of my questions.

Ixtaccihuatl

It is a close-knit school with people that treat you as family and accept you for who you are. Everyone is very supportive and are always willing to include you in a group. The teachers are always there to help and even will listen to you rant about your day. They involve you in their personal life and make the classroom feel more like a family than strangers. The small classrooms and campus allow everyone to know everyone, which makes it easy to feel loved and cared for in the first few days on campus.

Miranda

Overall I really enjoy Regis University and the education I am receiving. The professors are really smart and expect a lot from my work which makes me a better student and overall person. The campus is beautiful and they maintain it well. However, I do think there should be more parking and affordable/free parking for all college students. Furthermore, my first impression was awesome because of my advisor.

Christina

Regis is a very good school and supports traditional and adult learners. The class sizes are small which allows one to get to know and learn from their professor. The campus is pretty and I enjoy the old architecture as the school was built many years ago.