Troy, NY
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

cody

RPI is a school designed to funnel rich white kids with no ambition into generic high-paying jobs they don't care about. It's exceedingly good at this, and most people here have no problem with this system (and actively promote it). There's no "campus community" outside of this goal, and the surrounding area makes it hard to get away from the system even if you want to. The only significant political activity in the past four years has been when they tried to ban drinking from public areas in fraternities, and these four years include the board of trustees dissolving the faculty senate. You'd think the students would care about that. If you have no goals for college that aren't "party a lot" or "get a high-paying job," RPI is the perfect school for you. I'm not being facetious - for most of the student body, this is exactly what they're here for, and they're getting it in spades. There are some pockets of the institution that aren't like this, like the arts department, the cognitive science department, and I assume the architecture department (even though I've never actually met any of them). For everything engineering or management, though, this is exactly what's going on, and this culture permeates the entire school such that it's impossible to escape no matter where you are.

RPI's student body is at best painfully boring and at worst completely detestable. Freshman generally have the average starting salaries for various types of engineers memorized within the first month of school. Essentially the students are from that category of graduating high school seniors that is rich and white enough to get into a "top school" but boring enough to really only care about salary after college, and despite the school's best efforts to make the student body more heterogeneous, the fact that "RPI as an employment factory" isn't being challenged at any level means it will never really change. There are a lot of nerds too, but the range of nerd goes from "yes I like World of Warcraft and I'm not ashamed to admit it" to guys that bathe once every two weeks and shave never. There are more of the former than the latter, and truthfully, the "nerd issue" isn't a big one. It's just people who like technical things. The "women issue," however, *is* a big one. RPI is mostly male. This isn't a problem because "there are no women so I can't find a girlfriend." The problem is that female attention becomes a resource to be fought over. This isn't even necessarily a conscious process - I've seen women completely fuck up their own social groups unintentionally merely by being the only woman in it (and don't get me wrong, they weren't happy about it either). And then sometimes you get woman that are well aware of the situation and take advantage of it at every opportunity. These aren't common, but they exist, and they should be kept at arm's reach at all times.

I cannot in good faith recommend RPI to anyone for any reason. I had an idyllic view of my undergraduate career as somewhere where I would explore myself and my interests, intellectually stimulate myself, and constantly be around interesting people. I am sure it was too optimistic, but I have visited friends at other schools, and they do seem to have what RPI does not. Enjoying RPI is incompatible with having a soul.

Not entirely, but that's not to say that only a small percentage of the student population is stereotypical and the rest are fine people. The rest of the student body really isn't fine people - they just don't match the "nerd" stereotype.

The academics at RPI are actually very good. The professors all know their fields and teach well, and the departments that lend themselves to a community of exploration (arts, cognitive science) provide one. Just make sure that whatever you want to study actually exists here - don't try to be an English major or anything. You will also hear people complain about TAs that don't speak English. The TAs speak English fine; the problem is that students who say that are too racist to try to understand English through an accent. I am not making this up. Unfortunately, the problem is endemic to the student body.

You will probably hear near the top of any promotional material or speeches the number of clubs we have. It's a big number, to be sure. But what no one ever mentions is the dirty little secret that a lot of these clubs exist primarily as resume material. So that's what that "look at all our clubs!" nonsense is all about. Honestly, there is not a lot of stuff to do at RPI. In a sense, RPI itself does the best it can in this regard - the issue is the surrounding area. It is a wasteland. Don't let anyone tell you that the Capital District is underrated. They are wrong. It is not underrated. I've been "giving it a chance" my entire time here, and it has fallen flat at every opportunity. So that means "things to do" must grow out of the RPI student body itself. If you read what I wrote above about the RPI student body, you should have a growing sense of dread right now. In general, intellectually and spiritually unambitious rich white kids only know one way to have fun, and that explains why something absurd like 40% of our student body is greek. We have around 20 social fraternities, and you can't tell their rush calendars apart. I will say that it should be possible, if you work your ass off, to find enough stimulating activities to fill up your time. The problem is that the school culture as a whole doesn't value these things, so they will never permeate your life here. You will have to seek them out and it will be a chore. As I've stated, most students solve this problem by being boring and not caring.

Nerds. Nerds, nerds, nerds. And the women are all manipulative bitches.

Ryan

RPI does offer many opportunities. You really have to go out and get them though. The very first thing I would change is how much control the President and her cabinet has on the Institute. The school is the appropriate size for a college. Big enough so that there is diversity. Small enough where a lot of people know your name. I get mixed reactions when I tell people I go to RPI. I spend most of my time at the Union. It is probably the building with the least control from the Institute. School pride needs work.

The students can be very inconsiderate at times. I feel that we all need a crash course on political correctness. We could also use a class on politeness and tastefulness.

You know. We live in our own microcosm. When we get out in the real world, chances are we will be prepared academically. But socially, god help you. If you have already signed your matriculation letter, do not worry. You can beat all the peer pressure and control yourself. If you can conquer that, you will be stronger and more mature than your competition. In the end, that is what it comes down to. I am not sure if any other school has this many problems. If they do not, then do not come here expecting a heaven. Come here expecting to overcome a lot. Peer pressure, adversity, competition, a lot of stuff that no one can teach you. That is the mind set that you must have to truly succeed here.

A lot of RPI students act very obnoxious especially when it comes to their studies and competition. We do not exert much school spirit in this school mainly because our spirit is in graduating and getting the highest rank possible. If there is a test coming up, no club activities, events, or anything else that would allow us to have a life would matter. It is why nothing outside of classes gets done. Progress is very limited here. Girls are a rarity here. Let's face it. However, there are some women on campus that act like they are hot stuff just because they always get into parties, etc. This is known as ratio-induced bitch syndrome. It exists. Everyone knows it! The Board of Trustees needs to stop making this school such a bureaucracy and let the departments run on their own. I spoke with someone about the RPI websites. They are totally under the control of the Institute and they suck! They pay thousands of dollars for a photograph not of campus but of random cells?!?!?! We have thousands of pictures that are website quality that we can load up for FREE!?!?!? STOP WASTING OUR TUITION. Don't even get me started on EMPAC.

I feel that RPI tends to focus too much on the graduate education than the undergraduate education. Sometimes, the classrooms put me in disbelief as to whether I am actually in a technological campus. Professors are really nice. That is one thing that I like about this school. A lot of professors are really chill and will talk with you about whatever as long as it is somewhat relevant. I wish that the students would get off the books and engage themselves on campus more. This is school is survival of the fittest in terms of academics. Doing other things outside of that seems to be seen as a disadvantage.

The Union 200 is a phrase that is often used to describe the limited amount of people on campus that are involved. I think this is completely true. I find that I have been taking on roles because nobody else wants to. Clubs are dying from that as well. The only athletic event that is popular is Men's Hockey. We do not give much positive reinforcement. When the RPI team misses a shot, we groan. The stadium also gets quiet when we fall behind. We need to stick behind the team no matter what. How would you feel if you were getting booed by YOUR HOME CROWD!!!!!!!! Fraternities and sororities are unfortunately the most attended events at RPI. Not going to lie. I feel that is really sad because there is definitely much better things that you could be doing than getting wasted. Anyone who enters this realm should really beware, because the next step for you is Alcoholics Anonymous.

1) RPI students are way too competitive. 2) RPI does not have that much school spirit. 3) The girls at RPI can tend to act really obnoxious 4) The school is run by the select few.

The best thing about RPI is the amount of activities and fraternities that they have available on campus. There is always something going on and you should never feel as if there is nothing to do. I think the size of the school is just right. When I tell people that I went to RPI, the majority of the time I get no reaction from them. Most likely they have never heard of the school if they are not academics themselves. Some people who are in the science world however are impressed with where I go to school, because they know about the reputation it has within the engineering and scientific community. The place to spend most of your time on Campus is in the student union. The library is quiet and it's for hardcore studiers. The union is for people who want to work and talk with their friends while they are doing it. College town? Maybe. There are some locations downtown which do draw students down, but rarely on an individual basis. There are some nice coffee shops which are pleasant if your friends are willing to go with you. Don't expect to go down there and see other students just hanging out. There are some good pizza places and one bar which you will see filled with college students on weekend nights. RPI has just bought the Best Western hotel downtown and they are going to convert it into dorms, that will help to make it more of a college town. The campus and downtown is currently separated by a very steep hill. It's no picnic to go downtown and then have to walk back up. The most frequent student complaint is that there aren't enough girls at RPI.

As far as the LGBT scene goes, the campus is generally accepting. There is a decent sized gay male population. If you are a lesbian though, your options will be limited on campus. There is an all girls college downtown though, and supposedly there are some lesbians there. Bisexual women at RPI normally end up dating men because the ratio is in their favor for finding a man they like.

Generally yes, there are many people who do fit the stereotype, but just as many who break it. There are some hot girls, but a lot of the girls who act as if they are really hot wouldn't be hot anywhere else.

Most professors in the science and engineering classes will not know your name generally. If you go to office hours and ask lots of questions they may learn it in that situation. The arts classes normally have smaller class sizes, professors learn your names in those classes generally. Students study almost every week night. I don't know any students who ever had the opportunity to spend time with Professors out of class.

Most freshmen students in dorms leave their dorms open during the first few weeks and they are really enthusiastic to meet new people. As far as other class years go, the doors generally stay closed.

That the school is full of nerds, most guys don't know how to act around women, the women at the school aren't all that hot

andromeda

RPI's size is just perfect! It's small enough where you can get personalized attention from professors and constantly run into friends on campus, but large enough to not feel trapped in a small social environment. Troy is a pretty crappy town, but RPI has been putting a lot of money into it recently and it's really improving! It will take some time, but I've been here 4 years and am seeing many improvements. It is a cheap place to live, so many artists who can't afford to live in big cities like New York are coming in. More and more coffee shops and galleries are opening up downtown, and it's slowly turning into a nicer place. The president, Shirley Ann Jackson, is corrupt and full of awful policies that will drive RPI down. We are known for our engineering and science departments, and in trying to make RPI a University, she is taking money away from these departments and giving them to the Art department instead. While it would be great to improve art at RPI, it should not happen as a detriment to the programs that are RPI's strengths and selling points. They are trying to change the name to Rensselaer University; this is met with disagreement from students, who like the RPI name. Furthermore, she recently stirred up controversy with faculty for cutting their pensions, and students for placing harsh restrictions on their social life.

There is something for everyone at RPI, although the general population tends to be white, conservative, upper-middle class males. That having been said, there are plenty of minority groups on campus, religious groups, LGBT, etc, but they are small. As a generalization, most students are very book smart in their field, but are not intellectual or well-rounded.

The men make up 3/4 of the campus, and this makes them depressed about lack of women. This depression then gets put onto the women, who are "not attractive" or "not smart" enough. As a result, the women stop trying, and the chain continues. The male/female dynamic here is very awkward.

Generally speaking, RPI students are pretty nerdy. Some are socially inept, but you don't really see those people much anyway. The social ones go out and find their crowd- there are plenty of opportunities to find this. There is a friendly group here for everyone. As for the women specifically, the guys like to complain that the women are unattractive, but really, I've seen some pretty beautiful women here. There aren't many of them- that is the problem- but RPI is working on improving this.

There are good professors and bad ones, but mostly I would consider my education to be fantastic. I could not have gotten it better anywhere else! The courses are TOUGH- many students fail out their first semester because they think they can work the way they did in high school and still get away with it. Be prepared to be challenged! The professors are generally pretty great- I have gone out to dinner and movies with many of them, and had long discussions about a variety of things. Most professors love to interact with the students and are willing to get to know you. One great thing about RPI is that the students are all hard-working, but not very competitive against each other. They are willing to work hard and stay up all night in order to help each other succeed, unlike many stories I've heard form my Ivy League friends.

The social scene is getting worse and worse, thanks to Shirley Ann Jackson's curtailing of Greek events. Because of the neighborhood and the general surroundings, the social scene was centered around fraternities, with 30% of students going Greek. There are fraternity scenes for everyone- from your typical jocks to engineers to video gamers to social outcasts. Recently, Jackson has been trying to cut down on Greek life, leaving students with nowhere else to go. This has stirred a controversy among students, who are generally disgruntled about the poor social aspects of RPI.

Stereotypes about RPI students are that they are nerdy and socially inept. Also, that there are no girls on campus and the girls here are unattractive.

Alex

I love RPI. I came from a small private school, and RPI seemed to be the perfect fit. The campus and community are small enough to where you know certain people, but not small enough that you always know everyone. If I could change one thing about RPI I would change its location. I like to go to hockey games, we are not that good, but there seems to be a lot of school spirit associated with it, and it is fun.

No, the most definitely are not. Sometimes they hold true, but RPI is growing to have a broader student base.

Classes are very intense. I hated going through all of the introductory level classes that were huge. But, as you start taking classes for your major the classes get smaller and easier to deal with. We have a lot of great professors here.

That we are all a bunch of socially awkward nerds.

Dawson

RPI, that conjures all kinds of images in my mind, some good, some bad. Here is a list of the good and bad things at RPI Good: The fact that RPI is the perfect size for a university with 6,000 undergrads. The fact that at RPI you will find like minded inviduals no matter what your interests are. At RPI everyone is of a certain caibur and you know here that you can have an intelligent conversation with anyone on campus. RPI has a lot of events to go to on campus. Since RPI is not in a college town, a lot of what goes on happens on campus. That means something you want to do is always within walking distance. Bad: Troy, NY is one of the worst towns I have ever been to, it looks very run down and hardly anyone from RPI goes down there for anything. Troy is not a college town and is just kind of a shitty place. The ratio is somewhat of a problem. Having 3:1 men to women means that finding a girl will be a challenge but not impossible. You would be surprised about how many single girls there are. RPI is a great school in my opinion, and the only real problem with it is the fact that it is located in Troy, NY.

RPI has a very diverse student body, and the only overarching thing that seems to be prevalent is that most of people here are from the east coast.

The stereotypes are somewhat accurate. I know a few friends who came here because they were rejected from MIT or CMU. The stereotypes about RPI is filled with a bunch of hermits who just play video games in the rooms alone is somewhat true. My roommate freshman year played WoW for 12 hours a day, and stayed in the room most of the time. Although there are a fair amount of geeks/nerds here, not everyone is. There are the standard frat guys and sorority girls, and other "normal" people. Some people here are introverted and it is obvious that some people here have Asperger's, but on a whole this is a normal college, that just happens to have smart students. The stereotype about the RIBS is not true in my experience here. RIBS stands for Ratio Induced Bitch Syndrome, and just does not seem to be true. The women here are nice, and though I know a few bitches there is not a higher percentage at RPI then there is at other colleges.

I personally love the academics at RPI, granted I am not an engineer. The professors here for the most part are great and teach fairly well. This is an intense university that requires a good amount of studying, but not an unbearable amount. There are two main complaints I have about the academics at RPI. First, some of the professors and TAs speak the most broken English you have ever heard. They have thick accents and sometimes just do not know the language well enough to be teaching a class. This is a problem you will encounter at RPI, but with reading the text book, it is not too hard to overcome. Second, the major requirements for some majors are a little messed up and not quite in line with what you would think would be required for that major. Its not too bad, and is more of a problem with some majors then others. Overall RPI has great academics and the professors are very good. Also if you want to do research with professors it is easy to get into and looks awesome on your resume. Once you come out of RPI you will be more then prepared for the job you get.

RPI is a normal college campus with the full range of things to do both on and off campus. There are the frat parties and things of that nature that you can go to, or you can just hang out in your room. A big place that students go hang out is the Crossgates Mall, which is a ten minute drive from RPI. RPI is your typical college with plenty of things to do. The one thing that I am involved with at RPI is Judo Club. Of all the martial arts classes offered at RPI, Judo has the best sensei. I tried a few of the other martial art classes, but Judo is the best. I highly recommend coming to a few Judo classes, its a great workout and a great place to meet friends. Since the Judo club is only 15 people, we are very close knit group.

Stereotypes about RPI That it is a place for MIT and CMU rejects Stereotypes about RPI Students That they are all nerds who sit in their rooms and play World of Warcraft all day. That all the girls are bitches because of the ratio. People are very apathetic and are very introverted That the whole school is filled with nerds

Erik

People who have heard of the school tend to be impressed as the school is well-known as being prestigious. Pretty much everyone is at least a little bit nerdy in some way. I spend a lot of time at home with my friends, partly because the town RPI is in (Troy) is a pretty terrible area for just hanging out.

A lot of the student body is stereotyped as really nerdy guys who just stay inside all day playing World of Warcraft. To an extent, this person certainly exists at RPI but I find that there's plenty of interesting people to meet as long as you take the effort to go out there and find them.

To an extent. I think that there's plenty of fun characters around campus if you're willing to go out and look for them. With a lack of really accessible social events on campus you can't just wait for people to rush up and introduce themselves to you.

The classes are definitely oriented for practical knowledge that can be applied to finding work after school. Professors run the gamut from "pretty incompetent" to "best teacher I've ever met." I find that a lot of them make a sincere effort to learn everyone's name.

The dating scene at RPI is pretty poor, since it's less than 1/3 female. However, I feel that a lot of guys like to use this as an excuse for not having dated anyone. There are times when this certainly works against you, but overall I'm not always the most outgoing person in the world but I haven't had many problems meeting girls. In the dorms some people leave their doors open and others don't - it really depends on the person. Sometimes you'll get a community that doesn't even know it's neighbor's name, and other times you'll find a group of friends that spans an entire floor. It can be very hit or miss.

That they're no fun and not interested in socializing

Meggles

When I tell people I go to RPI, most people look at me like i am nuts. Mostly because not many people out on the west coast have heard of the school, people in the engineering, and science field are the ones who have heard of the school. When I am on campus i spend my time equally between the Union and the Mueller Center (the gym). With the clubs i run on campus are located and so I am madly running between all of them. The best thing about RPI is the people, there are many things to dislike and hate about RPI, from the administration to Troy, to classes, TA's that don't speak english, but at the end of the day the reason you stay year after year is the people are what make the school. I came from a small private school, and so I think the student body at RPI is just the right size, smaller enough to make a group of friends but big enough to not know everyone. Troy is not a college town, don't try and let anyone convince you otherwise. Students stay for the most part on the hill and party and hang out at the surrounding apartments or frat houses. Albany is a college town, but for the most part RPI students don't venture that far. If i could change one thing about RPI, it would be the surrounding town. I wish Troy had businesses that attract college students. For example, a few stores like Gap, American Eagle or some boutiques, a couple of cheap chain resturants and a movie theatre would be nice. It would encourage students to stay in troy then to have to travel to Albany or Latham for these things. Troy doesn't even have its own Starbucks!

I have never had an issue with anyone on campus, generally people are open to everyone on campus. Their are different organizations on campus that are geared towards certain racial, religious or other groups of people; but they are not limited to these people. RPI students are rather accepting of pretty much everyone, i think to feel out of place at RPI is more towards people's lack of understanding of the culture of RPI. RPI is a Nerd school! Students never get dressed up ever! For class most students go in sweatpants, sweatshirts, ugg boots, jeans, t-shirts, flip flops, shorts, and gym clothes. The only time I see people more dressed up is in the Spring Time, because of the warm weather. All different types of students interact, however as you get older you become better friends with the people who are in your major and department. This is mostly because you have similar schedules then for any other reason. Most students at RPI are from the Northeast. Most of my friends are from the New England States and from all over New York and New Jersey. And then there is a weird West Coast bond with students who are from the West coast, i think this is because we are so far away from home and its just being able to relate stuff from home. 85% of the students at RPI are on some form of finicial aid, either loans, federal aid or aid from the school. However, you wouldn't know the difference between a student on a full scholarship to a student whose parents are paying for the education. Students are less politically active then at almost every other college i have visited. RPI students live in this bubble that nothing outside of RPI matters. However, if i were to put an opinion on the political mentality of RPI i would say it is more Republican socially and more liberally fincially.

Some of these sterotypes are correct. But like all sterotypes they are more the minority then the majority of the students. Properly, the one that stands out the most is that people don't leave thier rooms, because they are playing computer games all the time. All the nerds and geeks from high school are in one school, this is bound to happen at RPI. But its not a huge porportion of the population.

I am in a small division at RPI, and as an Electronic Media Arts and Communication (EMAC) major all the professors that I have had in my department have learnt my name and remember who I am. The Arts department is one of the smallest, if not the smallest, department on campus. The head of the department is amazing, as a women and a professor. Everyone in the department is encouraging and motivates you as a student to do your best work. My arts classes have always been small, and have been taught by a professor not a TA. My favorite class is a toss up between Intermediate Digital Imaging and Intermediate Video; both classes were taught by excellent professors who encouraged the best work out of me, and where very encouraging towards my projects. As an EMAC major, i have more projects and papers then I have tests and quizzes. It seems to happen that I have projects and papers due around the same time every couple of weeks. It means you have to stay on top of it so you don't fall behind. My friends who are engineers and science majors seem to always studying for some quiz, test or writing some lab report. In my humanities classes participation is common, however, debates and heated discussions are not so much. Intellectual conversations outside of class is not common dinner coversation, but it does happen. Politicals, religion and english literature are not highly discussed topics ever. Computers, sports, games, video games, TV shows and movies, and other random technology conversations are way more common. RPI students i feel are a little more ignorant then general college students on some of the more pressing issues of our time.

The biggest club on campus is the Ski and Snowboard club which organizes ski and snowboard trips to local mountains thoughout the winter season. We also have a Division 1 hockey team, which is the major sporting events on campus. We also have a relatively big greek life, which is popular with both sexes. I started RPI Swim Club my sophmore year, we are a club that meets twice a week to run swim practices for students who want to swim, learn how to swim and to play around in the pool. My other president and treasurer and I have all swam competitively since we were young and swam in high school; I swam at RPI for a year as well. We have on average about 20 people show up for swim practice. We play games and have fun too! When i lived in a dorm freshman year people on my floor kept their doors open for the first semester then second semester they were always closed. This seems to be true in the other dorm rooms, but generally the doors were always unlocked if people were in so you just opened a door to find someone. Hockey games are the big sporting events, and some of the theatre events can be big as well, especially the singing groups. My closest friends are my roommates and housemates, but next to them the people I am friends with I meet througha friend in her dorm. I am still best friends with people i met within the first week of being at RPI. The dating scene at RPI is difficult if you are a guy, there is a 4:1 ratio of guys to girls which makes it a little hard to find a date. But if you branch out and meet lots of people its easier. If I am awake at 2am on a tuesday night usually i am doing homework or partying. However, that rarely happens and i am usually in bed by 1. Every year there are 3 major events at RPI, one is fall rush for the fraternities. Its free food for all, chilling out in the sunshine and relaxing and meeting new people. Great way to get back into the school year. Two is GM week (Grand Marshall Week) which is where the student bodies votes for its president. During the week there are many different club based events that you can watch or participate in. There is also no class on wednesday and free food and a little carnival. The week is usually filled with students partying and enjoying a week of traditions, from different events to social events with the frats. There is fireworks on the friday night when the annouce the next GM! The third event of the year is Big Red Freakout which is a big hockey game event and impossible to get tickets for, the nice thing about Big Red Freakout even if you don't go to the hockey game the dinning hall has great food and there are big parties afterwards. Friday's and Saturday nights are big party nights at RPI. Parties are hosted by different clubs and organizations and frats. If you want to party its not hard to find one. Weekends that don't envolve drinking are either nights in, watching a movie or playing video games. Other things to do are go to the movies, or the local bowling alley. RPI doesn't really offer much else to do on saturday nights that doesn't evolve partying in some degree.

That we are a bunch of nerds. This is not far from the truth, however, we are a bunch of nerds that may love computers and technology, but we love having a good time too. The other sterotype is that we work all the time, that is also kind of a misconception. Some classes require a lot of work while others require a very little. As long as you don't slack off classes are a breeze.

Mike

RPI has a good name. There are a buttload of clubs, and it's not hard to be involved if you try. There's always something going on, even if it seems like theres not. Movies almost (if not every) weekend. The town of Troy is not very great, and everything shuts down early, but it is nice to walk in sometimes. There is not much to do around in the area within walking distance. It can be a bit boring at times, but it's not unbearable.

There are a few "normal" kids on campus, with the right amount of balanced social skills, common sense, and brains..but a lot of people fit into the category known as "creepy RPI kids." They are generally nice though. I haven't come across too many mean people. Everybody is nice when walking around campus, I don't feel unsafe anywhere.

mmmm yep. There are some exceptions but a large number of people here are nerdy and lack some social skills. And statistically there are fewer girls. It happens. If you are outgoing you will probably meet somebody, though it is much harder here then maybe some other places. Remember, that girls are nerdy too here, and many don't know how to deal with attention, so it's a weird environment.

This I don't quite understand. RPI is very prestigious, yet somehow I don't see how this can be true, given the professors here. Many do not speak english well, and do not do any style of teaching other than direct lecture. Big classes and big lecture halls. Some humanities and some other courses have smaller classes where a professor maybe will know your name, but a large bit of it is all up the TA, which is a whole other issue.

RPI kids do not like music. In general, kids here do not enjoy going to concerts for fun. I am a member of UPAC Concerts, and we put on a lot of shows, with minimal turn out. This year is nice because we got a field house show: The honda civic tour with Panic at the Disco. A lot of people will go to that.

There are no girls! Everyone's a nerd!

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.