Troy, NY
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

Maria

I have recently moved out of my parents home, and realizing the skills it takes to live on your own. I have learned the valuable lesson of patience. Santa Monica College taught me to wait for the progression. A flower takes a while to blossom.

Connilyn

I have gained information about life and the world around my little bubble. It is valuable to attend college, because it opens doors that would normally be closed to an African American woman. College is and will continue to give me the tools that I need to build a better future, not only for me and my family, but my community.

Victoria

My classmates are hard working, motivated, confident, and intellagent poeople how want to make the most out of their lives.

I person that isn't up for a little hard work and a challange should not attend this school

From my college experience I have learned many things. One of the biggest things is to get what you want you need to work hard and not be afraid of a challenge. That is what college is, it is a challenge. I never believed when people said that they weren't cut out for college until I went myself, I now understand how hard it is and that many people aren't cut out for it. College isn’t just a learning challenge either; it has challenged me in many more ways. For me attending college is not only one of the first times that I have been away from home for an extended period but it is also the first time i have needed to take care of myself. This is one of the steps to becoming a true adult. Also college has taught me the value in true friendship, it did not take me long to realize that it is true when people say the friends you make in college are the ones you keep with you. It is valuable to learn all of these things in your life, therefore college is valuable to attend.

Carolyn

Being from Seattle I had not seen too much of the Eastcoast. I love to talk about all the places I got to go and the different people I got to meet from thanks to joining the cycling team. We raced every weekend and got to get away from campus and all the studying to have a blast racing for our school. Some of my closest friends at school all are from cycling club and I'm so glad I got involved in that and that I have them as friends.

Coming into school all of my class was warned that we would have to study and study a lot. Most of us attending RPI were used to not having to study so much in high school because things just came a little easier to most. Man, do I wish I took that warning to heart. After the first round of tests I was in for a rude awakening, as I got my exam grades back and saw percentages much lower than the 90?s I was used to seeing in high school. After a little while I figured things out more and more, and after my first year of college I think what I learned best was work ethic. I had to completely change my mind set. If I want something, I know I have to focus on that and get it myself. If I have to do something and at the time I?m working on it and it is just extremely hard then I just have to get in my mind that people do stuff like this every day. And if other people do this, then I can do it.

The best thing about RPI is all the opportunities that are accessible to all students. There are tons of research opportunities even for freshman to get in on if they are interested. RPI is a hard school, but if you are working your hardest, then there are some amazing things to get involved in.

Rhonda

I love my school because it has a great foundation where every professor and academic advisor cares about each student that attends college there. I love my school because they offer great ways to improve their students overall performance and they make sure that every student will be prepared to enter the workplace and make an impact on the world.

My college experience has been interesting. I am a returning college student and I have even met students who are much older than I am who are returning to school after a break. I have learned many different things about myself from my experience at college. I have learned that I have the drive to succeed in any task that I want and I also have learned that college is not hard as long as you make the time. Procrastination is not a quality that a college student should have and any procrastination attitudes that I had are completely gone since I've been in college. It has been valuable for me to attend college because they are preparing me with skills that I will need to complete my future career path and they are also giving me valuable tools that I will need to complete my graduate studies.

A person who is not up to the task of being a full participant in their academic progress should not attend this school. My college was built on the foundation that it cares about its students and they always do whatever it takes to make sure that every student gets a quality education. If a person is a slacker and they do not care about their education, they should not attend this school

Derek

My classes mate are qurky, odd, fun, often spontanious.

My classes mate are qurky, odd, fun, often spontanious.

I have learned how to do many things throguh my college experoence. first of this was my first ever time away from home, ajusting to life without parental supervison 24/7 was a large step. i learned how to function as an indivdual in society, i became more self relieant. More indepentant. i learned how to do things on my own and for myself.

I brag abou the classes, and social life. theres always something to do on campus. there are movies put on every Friday and Saturday night, numerous Lectures and other communty building activities.

Kara

Be your own person, well you don't really understand that until you find yourself. And that process could take a lifetime. People are compex and unexplainable. But all in all, trust your gut.

Michelle

There is no language department and a lack of English/Literature classes due to recent cuts. Also, this is a very hard school to transition into if you come from a small school with few AP/IB classes. The classes are very challenging and you are competing with some of the most intelligent students in the nation and around the world. There are many foreign professors and students and sometimes it is hard to bridge the language barrier.

If I could have talked to myself as a high school senior, I would have told myself to take Calculus and other classes for college credit so that not only would I have entered college with more credit, I would also be better adjusted to the workload and been more challenged while in high school. I would also encourage myself to be less critical of my work. During my first semster of college, I was completely miserable because I was intimidated by my better-prepared classmates and by the advanced level of my classes in general. I often had anxiety attacks and got myself all worked up if my grades were less than perfect. Throughout the semester I learned how to control my anxiety and to stop comparing myself to others. Once I accepted my imperfection, it was much easier to get through my classes and I began to enjoy myself. Once I learned to let go of things, like the occasional bad grade, I was able to have fun and obtain the "full" college experience, balancing school, extracurriculars and friends. Despite a bad start, I survived first semester and got grades I was very proud of.

There are so many great resources at your fingertips. Plenty of lab buildings for both class work and research (independent and under a professor.) There are tons of extra curricular activities to choose from... you may find it hard to choose just one! There are also many options for different classes/majors... it's not just an engineering school. They have a school of science, management, architecture, computer science and a growing digital arts department to just name a few. You have a lot of different options, so your future is in your own hands.

Arthur

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is most widely known for its attractive and successful engineering program and also the fact that students who attend this school tend to have a better chance of attaining a good job after graduating due to its reputation of having well educated grauate students entering whatever industry they pursue.

I actually wouldn't go back in time. I know I overanalyze things a lot depending on the content of the discussion, however I'm happy with the transition between high school and college.

Anyone who is motivated and dedicated to further their education with one of the best schools out there.

Tyler

I am enrolled in the School of Architecture at RPI, which is one of the lesser known majors at the university. The school has been greatly known in the past and present for its influence in the field of research which is based on faculty - student cooperative efforts across many majors. The school is mostly known for its strong engineering fields (being that these majors take up the majority of the school's learning facilities) but more publically known for its strong research fields derived from these engineering majors.

High School is a place where it is easy for people to be set in their ways and stay that way. If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell him to be open to more things and people than he would accept after graduation. There is so much that can be learned from people with different backgrounds and situations that are unexpected which you would never anticipate, and college is a place (especially as a freshman) when these kind of events take place almost every day. Looking back on my transitional phase from graduating high school to moving into a dorm with two strangers makes me think that if I just tried to be open to more people and things around campus, I may have been much better off in the end. I was able to get by on my knowledge and social skills throughout my first year at school, but I still had plenty of shyness leftover from my previous practice in high school of being weary of new people. This idea helped me gain a greater appreciation for the world around me through situations and people I know.

Even though RPI is mostly a technical school, there is great involvement across campus to influence students from different majors to take part in other classes and activities that they may not have originally expected to be a part in. This diversity academically helps cultural and social diveristy comes naturally throughout the school.

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.