Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Top Questions

Good school, challenging curriculum.

Manoj

RPI is a school that prepares students well for the future while providing many opportunities for students to have fun or pursue their interests.

cheryl

My school is difficult, filled with hard work, but completely satisfying upon completion of classes and success in work. Th people are always friendly and very competitive.

Carla

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute sits atop a hill that overlooks downtown Troy, which is on the front of the Hudson River. Most buildings are charming red brick buildings with historic construction dates. Yet, the school married the old and the new. One example is our Biotech building was built in 2001 with a very modern interior, but on one external side was built to look like the Quad, which was built around 1915. A prominent-looking building on campus that sits on the side of hill is the Experimental Media and Performing Arts Center, which also has a modern look, said to appear like a ship in a bottle. The only building on campus appears tall. If one ventures down the hill, one will find a building that was a hospital in the nineteenth century and it maintains its appearance of being a historic building. Campus is essentially split by a street (but we have a pedestrian bridge) that divides the academic buildings and the student life and residential buildings. I have always been pleased with the landscaping. The grass is kept well and flowers and trees are plentiful. One will find significant areas of greenery, such as our '86 field, throughout campus.

Nerdy

Roger

RPI is a campus where a lot is happening all the time, especially at night.

Marc

Expensive and fun, but getting worse because freshman and sophmorea are now FORCED to live on-campus and have a meal plan.

Frustrating, demanding, makes you strive to be better but professors don't care about students here.

kaprice

why not change the world

RPI is an easy-going, not-too-competitive, engineering school with a strong greek life representation, and a wide array of clubs to join, sports to play, and other activities to partake in.

RPI's students and professors are excellent but their administration is highly unpopular and not at all transparent.

I am receiving a high quality top-notch education at an elite institution. I am honored to be attending RPI

Kenneth

Come to RPI if you like snow, and have a lot of money.

Ok.

Divya

It is small, located in the city, has a challenging environment, and is very suitable for many kids.

Perfect for social life, meeting new people, and to have a successful future.

RPI is really expensive in one of the worst towns ever but it prepares its students well academically for future careers.

Elisha

Lame.

My school is a faced paced network of smart individuals interested in advancing worldly knowledge.

Wataru

An intense, competent, and challenging college with emphasis on the sciences and engineering.

Dan

My school is pretty good.

Students here epitomize the phrase, "study hard, play hard."

bleak and cold. alcohol is the only escape. my freshman year roommate attempted suicide because of this place

yadaaa yaddaaa lol

RPI has many nice facilities, a great academic program, and a lot of money to play with, but sometimes the ratio of men to women hinders social contact.

a bizzare social scene located in a dumpy city that will be the best time of your life if you find the right people.

RPI is a rigorous, prestigious institution where students work hard but also take some time to enjoy themselves when not studying.

RPI is a challenging place to get you ready for the real world.

.

Bureaucratic, socially retarded, well-funded, money wasting, and backwards. Corporation not teaching community.

Rensselaer is my home.

Really nerdy and lacking girls.