Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

« See more reviews of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

The student body is pretty diverse, but the male female ratio is definitely noticeable. It's only maybe 30% girls here, at best. The guys don't like it much, but the girls don't have a problem with it. And, a word to the girls, just because there's like 70% guys doesn't mean they're better than at other schools. Actually, they're worse.

Most students are extremely casual and I haven't endured any racial discrimination. The majority of the people in the school are caucasians which I love. I am from an asian descent and I generally do not like other asians. They like to stick together in a group and feel that they are too good to socialize with other races.

i dont feel like talking about this subject but ill just let u know alil bout myself because im not ur typical RPI student. im portraying the views of normal guys that come to this school on athletic scholarships, not with the best grades and just find themselves very much outa place with all the nerdy strange kids here.

RPI's student body is pretty diverse as far as race, religion, and social stereotype are concerned. As far as I have seen, people are very accepting of each other. At RPI you will not automatically be placed in a "group" because of the way you look. This is not high school... cliques are a thing of the past.

For clothing, people go to eat and class in pjs and sweats. No one here will judge you on how you dress. you can roll out of bed and go to class. There are people of all races and financial backgrounds here. I think that there are more liberals here or at least they are more outspoken than the conservatives.

Mostly RPI's student body consists of white males and Asians. But there is a little bit of diversity elsewhere, especially recently since RPI is all for accepting minorities. Generally, the students are apathetic about politics and world issues, which is a shame, but there are some that are involved.

A lot of the student body is stereotyped as really nerdy guys who just stay inside all day playing World of Warcraft. To an extent, this person certainly exists at RPI but I find that there's plenty of interesting people to meet as long as you take the effort to go out there and find them.

There are so many activities and clubs at RPI that every student is bound to find something that is right for them. Students are able to be themeselves and find their own little nitch. RPI is very culturally diverse, so students are able to meet and interact with all types of people.

RPI has a very diverse student body as far as backgrounds and interests, you are guarentied to learn more about life by learning how others do things differently than you, but you will also be able to fine people that come from very similar backgroud as you.

You only feel out of place if you let yourself. Seriously, your race, religion, culture etc should not dictate your judgments of other people. If you accept people, they will accept you. And if you feel out of place, you probably need to be more social.