Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

« See more reviews of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

For LGBT students: There are very few people who are actually vehemently anti-queer. For the most part people aren't hostile; they're apathetic. You will hear "gay" jokes. But you will be able to find plently of friends who don't tell them.

Most people on campus can be very friendly and very helpful. Don't be afraid to talk to people for any reason. Most of campus isn't very cliquey and drumming up a conversation with the person next to you often happens naturally.

Haha, I have never met so many people addicted to WOW, Guitar Hero and GXC in my entire life. Have a basic knowledge of video games if you want a large friend base, but there are plenty of people who have real lives too.

The student body is very diverse in race, religion, interests, pretty much anything. Students of any type could fit in at this school, however they may need to search very hard to find the place where they belong.

Relatively conservative. Not very diverse. If you like video games too much you'll like it here (or at least have a lot of other people like you to hate it with). If you're the artsy type run for the hills.

There are about 10% of the students who are legit individuals; the rest are either huge nerds who never leave their room and play computer games or major tools who are cocky as hell.

I am from NYC so I can honestly say that RPI is pretty diverse. There are clubs and organizations for everyonne to participate in and the best patr is that they do not exclude.

The students can be very inconsiderate at times. I feel that we all need a crash course on political correctness. We could also use a class on politeness and tastefulness.

I really like the makeup of the student body. There is a mix of students, but they all have the same friendly, laid-back qualities that make RPI a great place to attend.

RPI's student body is very diverse which is something that I found refreshing. I love meeting people from different backgrounds and swapping interesting stories.