Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

« See more reviews of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

I am enrolled in the School of Architecture at RPI, which is one of the lesser known majors at the university. The school has been greatly known in the past and present for its influence in the field of research which is based on faculty - student cooperative efforts across many majors. The school is mostly known for its strong engineering fields (being that these majors take up the majority of the school's learning facilities) but more publically known for its strong research fields derived from these engineering majors.

Rensselaer was the first engineering school to be established in the English-speaking world, so naturally the school has become synonymous with engineering, and also technology in current times. Some of the most distinguished alumni include George W. G. Ferris (ferris wheel), the Roeblings (Brooklyn Bridge), Allen B. Du Mont (cathode ray tube, used in televisions), Keith D. Millis (ductile iron), and the list goes on. RPI students, faculty, and staff have been pioneers in engineering fields since 1824.

RPI is best known for its research in new technology and ideas. Here they push their students to think differently and solve the problem of the world. It is not just an engineering school anymore. It is becoming more of an Ivy Leangue school with problems in art and writing. RPI is also teaching students to go out there and start their own companies. It is an older school with a reputation of having excellent students who are the future of the workforce.

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is most widely known for its attractive and successful engineering program and also the fact that students who attend this school tend to have a better chance of attaining a good job after graduating due to its reputation of having well educated grauate students entering whatever industry they pursue.

Rensselaer is a very technical school, and opens a lot of job opportunities after graduation. It is also known for it's poor ratio of women to men (75% men, 25% women) and for being a challanging school. It also has lots of money, and our president is the third highest paid university president in the united states.

Our school is best known for academics; engineering is very well known all over the world, the management school is also very well known for great resources, also science is very well known at RPI because of the quality of the labs and other research areas.

This school is most known for its very difficult curriculum in the engineering program as well as a very high quality of leaders that graduate.

Our school is best know for being mostly males and being very good in Engineering. It also is know for its newest concery hall : EMPAC.

Rensselaer is best know for its academics (producing engineers). With this students are stereotyped as nerdy, weird and unsocialable.

It is a top of the notch school for engineering. Also offers other majors, but is mostly known for enginnering, and the sciences.