Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

« See more reviews of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

I would say the classwork and some students are competitive. RPI is not easy like highschool was. Being an EMAC major where people feel my major is a joke, I still have to work hard. While the grading is harder it pushes you to always pushes you and makes you strive to do better.

The classes are definitely oriented for practical knowledge that can be applied to finding work after school. Professors run the gamut from "pretty incompetent" to "best teacher I've ever met." I find that a lot of them make a sincere effort to learn everyone's name.

A very good academic program in both engineering and business. The engineering program provides challenging classes that cover all aspects of engineering. Also they require humanites and social science classes balance out the math and science courses.

There are some really phenomenal professors here, and some that are not so great. The one nice thing is that if you are looking for help, there's always someone who can at least point you in the right direction. You get out of it what you put in.

Classes are very intense. I hated going through all of the introductory level classes that were huge. But, as you start taking classes for your major the classes get smaller and easier to deal with. We have a lot of great professors here.

In the first couple years the classes are big so professors will most likely not know your name. When you get into your major classes most of the professors are really good and put forth a great effort in getting to know their students.

Most professors don't speak english. If you're an engineer you'll get a good education though. Having "Rennselaer Polytechnic Institute" on your resume is solid gold when it comes to finding a job.

Some professors are not too good at explaining, but the academics are very good and many of the classes are very interesting.

Heavy duty math and science. lite on humanities and social sciences

the academics are amazing at rpi