Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

« See more reviews of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

When I discuss my school to my friends most of the bragging is done in name alone. RPI is well known across the nation as the oldest technological university in the United States; It also has one of the best division I hockey teams out there. However, when I wish to brag about my school I never discuss either. My first thought about my school is more of a personal one. Since I've been at RPI I have made an abundance of friends. This is all due to the good charactered students that RPI seems abundent in.

I brag about what I'm doing and what I'm learning. Even outside of the classroom I still do work. As an Electrical/Computer engineering student, most of my friends back home are "geeky". We love the lastest technological gadget and can't wait to buy it. Well at school I have the opertunity to sit in a lab with a circuit board and play with to make it do what I want, and even better yet, to understand everything that board is doing. That is what I brag to my friends about the most.

Being from Seattle I had not seen too much of the Eastcoast. I love to talk about all the places I got to go and the different people I got to meet from thanks to joining the cycling team. We raced every weekend and got to get away from campus and all the studying to have a blast racing for our school. Some of my closest friends at school all are from cycling club and I'm so glad I got involved in that and that I have them as friends.

I always brag about how everyone is so nice. The professors and other students make me feel so comfortable that I feel at home no matter where I am on campus. The first day in our eating hall people would sit down with complete strangers and made life long friends.

The campus is the perfect size and the classes are challenging and career-focused. Graduating RPI would mean a promising career most likely in an engineering field (as the school is widely tech and engineering based), a good thing especialy in today's job market.

This school offers so many posiblilities for success in the future. There is almost a one hundred percent placement rate into either graduate school or the work force. Also, this is one of the best engineering schools in the nation.

My school has an ratio of girls to guys of 3 to 1. It is a tech savy school, where you will find the most interesting personalities with a broad range of backgroud and ideas. I love the diversity.

I brag abou the classes, and social life. theres always something to do on campus. there are movies put on every Friday and Saturday night, numerous Lectures and other communty building activities.

how much fun i've had with the people i know and have become my family at RPI, since there isn't much to do off campus you find entertainment and learn a lot about the people you care about.

Students here are some of the brightest minds, i believe, in the entire world. New and innovative ideas are practiced here every day and are changing the world as we speak.