Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

« See more reviews of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Some stereotypes I've noticed is that RPI students are all geeks, nerds, and the like. The guys all play video games and RPGs, and the girls are all bitches 'cause of RIBS: Ratio Induced Bitch Syndrome. The students here all have insane knowledge of technology and the workings of computers, they all wear thick glasses and can't make causal conversation.

The typical stereotype about RPI and its students is about the ratio of males to females - RPI used to be an all-male school. In addition to that, there are stereotypes about the type of guys who go here - nerds, gamers, science geeks. Most people see RPI as being full of only science and engineering students.

RPI is a "nerd school." Everyone there is really smart and many are socially awkward. There aren't many girls, and the ones that are at RPI tend to become full of themselves because there are so many more guys - they develop "RIBS". Also, there is nothing to do at RPI.

The compsci kids smell, there are no girls here, the archies stay up all night, get no sleep, and then spend the rest of their time partying. A lot of people can be stereotyped by their Frat or sorority.

The main stereotypes about RPI and RPI students are that there are no girls on campus, that all of the TAs speak foreign languages, and that all the students are nerdy "computer geeks".

Stereotypes about RPI students are that they are nerdy and socially inept. Also, that there are no girls on campus and the girls here are unattractive.

There is a large population of "nerdy" students, and the ratio between male and female is heavily unbalanced with about 3 guys to each girl.

We're all engineers. We're geeks. We have no social lives/All we do is play RPGs on our computers and do homework.

The guys are nerdy, and socially awkward. The girls are nerdy unattractive, socially awkward, and neurotic.

Guys are nerds, girls arent as smart, guys are desperate, fraternities have a bad name (animal house image)