Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

« See more reviews of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

In my opinion, those who want to study liberal arts or experience a state school should not enroll at my university. This school is primarily anchored engineering and science. Those programs are better developed from my understanding. Additionally, the degree programs do not allow for the same amounts of leisure you may find in a school with high amounts of amenities. Though my university does have many options for students to participate in aspects outside of academics, the combination of school size and academic rigor does not provide the same range of options one may find at large state university.

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is a distinguised institution that offers a world class education in various fields. Consequently, someone who is looking for a more party-filled, social life enhancing college experience should not attend this school. Likewise, a person who lacks the motivation, or simply does not want, to work harder than most other university students, should not attend this school.

A person who is not up to the task of being a full participant in their academic progress should not attend this school. My college was built on the foundation that it cares about its students and they always do whatever it takes to make sure that every student gets a quality education. If a person is a slacker and they do not care about their education, they should not attend this school

Since the school is primarily science and engineering students, a person interested in liberal arts will find it much more difficult to fit in and will generally find a lower variety of classes offered and will probably have to take other math and science related courses that they are not interested in. Anyone with an interest in liberal arts should probably look elsewhere.

People who hate computers, or hate people who love computers, people who are irked by the idea of sitting around playing video games all day, who have no interest in wires and explosions, and can't laugh that all away shouldn't come here. People who hate cold and ugliness and rain should not come here.

You know that you want to be an engineer; you are a girl; you want to brag about being in a new ivy; you like managing your finances even if you only take loans; you are rich and could pay 40+ thousands per semester without financial aid; YOU WANT A GOOD JOB AFTER YOU GRADUATE.

A person that does not like to work hard, that doesn't like to go above and beyond what's expected of you, and who doesn't like math. This is a tough school, but it is worth it. Also, someone that doesn't like receiving help or doesn't like asking questions shouldn't go here.

The kind of person who will put off studying or just not go to class shouldn't come to this school. Also people looking for some sort of arts degree would be better off looking elsewhere as this is primarily an engineering school so our arts department isn't very large.

Don't come to this school if you're expecting to party more than one day per week, even if you're expecting to party once every week, as a freshman the chances are slim. If you're afraid of people who would rather play WoW or Rock Band on a Saturday night, stay away!

People who come here to just float by only take away from the quality of learning of the others. People who want to do arts or english or language or humanities etc would waste their time here. If you are a party animal, or sex fiend.