Providence, RI
Rhode Island College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rhode Island College

If I were to go back in time as a senior graduating high school, I would advise myself to not be so nervous about starting this new chapter of my life. I also would express the importance of studying, reading and excelling in everything I do, making it clear to myself to give my all in everything I do. One of the many lessons I learned while attending college was you only have one chance to do your absolute best and to make that chance count. As a college student, I've become exposed to vast diversity; if I were to go back and talk to my high school-self I would encourage myself to embrace diversity sooner and use it as a tool to enhance my education.

Jacqueline

It has been nearly eight years since I graduated from high school and I have learned many lessons along the way. However, if I could go back and talk to my high school self I would say to not give up or become discouraged. I know that seems like very generic advice but not long after I graduated high school I became pregnant and had my first son. I attempted to remain in school but believed it was too difficult and I needed to be home with Isaiah. Eight years later and with two sons now I have realized that yes it is difficult and yes it takes a lot of my energy and time but it is worth it because I am doing it to provide a better future for them. If I had realized this sooner I would be further in my career and able to spend more time with them and attend all events. So if I could go back I would make myself see that it would be better for my family to push through and finish and not give up so they cant say "my mommy quit because of me".

If i coud go back to my high school days and tell myself ahead of time i would say, just be prepared and dont take it as a joke. Being in college is very hard. When you are sitting around in that classroom your teachers are there but they are expecting you to know somethings and work on your own. Some people think that the teachers are always going to be there for you to answer ever question or yet giving them to you. I would have told myself that I needed to take noted and make sure that i can do it by myself. Most of my classes are done online so I'm only inside the classroom with my teachers for a little time of the day, they are they to helo and answer few questions and they dont do one on one time alot. I loved being in high school working with the teachers and having fun with the classmates but I wasnt prepared for college so i would tell myself, work hard, get your work done and pay very close attention to everything that your teachers are saying to you. Stop Think and listen to them!

Jeffrey

My classmates are very helpful. Most of the time during exams we get together and study. The students here are very nice and friendly and if they can they will help.

The only thing I regret when I was a high school senior was not putting in the effort to get better grades. I ended my high school career with a 2.5 GPA and in college it is at a 3.0 and increasing. If I could go back in time I would tell myself to join more clubs in school and to work harder into getting better grades. Going to college with a 2.5 GPA isn't something to be proud of, but I have certainly learned from my high school experience that if I can put in the effort I can succeed.

There wasn't much else I need to know about the school. After coming to the freshmen orientation, everyone treated me respectfully and kindly. Rhode Island College is expanding and with its fair tuition many more students will decide to come here.

Adam

The biggest advice I could give myself as a high school senior would be to begin practicing time management. In high school I had plenty of free time, and time management was not something I was very concerned with. Knowing I was going to wrestle in college while taking on a much larger courseload, I was aware that time management would be the key to my success. However, I had no idea that learning how to manage my time well would not be something I could learn over night. My first few years in college were tough because I had never practiced managing my time. During my first semester, while balancing athletics and 12 credits, I earned a GPA of 2.75. By spring semester of my junior year I received a GPA of 3.8, bringing my cumulative GPA up to a 3.5. Only this time I was balancing athletics, 18 credits, an internship, and a part time job. By now I would say I am fairly good at managing my time. However, if I had learned how to manage my time earlier I could have been a lot more productive during my first few years of college.

Crystal

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible, even the small ones. Do not take anything for granted and always try your best at whatever it is. If this was possible, I would also tell myself to retake the tests in some of my classes to bring my GPA up. College is not for free and do not rely on loans, unless that's your only option left. College life is going to be new and different but whatever happens, happens for a reason. Do not wait till the last minute to do something, apply for scholarships the moment you can and try your best to get the scholarship. College life is completely different from high school life and is going to be a new experience for anyone.

Heather

Three years ago I fell in love with Rhode Island College after attending a tour of the school because of its size, friendliness, and easy access to educational and social resources; upon entering my final year of school I have grown fonder, and understand why alumni desire a career at RIC.

Speaking to my high school senior self, the best advice I can give is to persevere. High school is only a small piece of your individual growth; "growing up" is a time people generally associate with physical and emotional pubescent growth. The truth is that high school is the easy part. Going to college is actually the beginning of your adaptation into a fully functioning and independent human being, and that is what you have wanted all your life. Everything about college, from choosing a major to meeting new people, may seem terrifying and confusing; because it is...it is supposed to be. The transition into college will bring forth enormous challenges relating to social skills, academic success, and self-discovery. Chances are the challenges you meet may cause you to fall into the lowest form of yourself; one that you did not know existed. You will not be sure what to do in order to solve the problems you face, but with perseverance you will metamorphose into the highest functioning form of yourself. You will learn from these struggles and find your potential. When times seem too difficult and you aren't sure you can manage? Persevere.

The only thing I find to be somewhat frustrating at Rhode Island College is the need for space in the library. In general, the library is extremely resourceful and many students enjoy using the space to study. The major setback is the amount of space and computers during the final weeks of each semester. When finals are approaching the computers are always occupied, and table space for group study sessions can be scarce.

Dhienica

Rhode Island college is best known for their good professors. The professor at Rhode Island College are caring, and supportive. They really take time to help their students and help them hands on. They are reseachers and providers, whom are well experience. I believe Rhode Island College has the best well professors there. They are willing to take time to teach you the lessons, not rush into anything the students are not ready for but instead reteach it until everyone is ready. You learn a lot by the professors at Rhode Island College, and it a money spent very well.

The biggest advice I would give myself is try harder. After going through my first college year I learned that college cost money and not everyone has the money. So the best thing to do is get good grades so you can recieve scholarships to pay for school. If I did go back as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to apply for more scholarhsips because I did not apply to any scholarships are a high school senior and I really regret that because I'm paying the price now. I need money in order to finish my college years on camupus and I don't have the money right now. But back then as a senior in high school, I would apply to a lot of scholarships and not worry about money problems. I am stress out about money right now, and I need to apply to a lot of scholarhips in order to finish college but if I knew this back then I would of been ready. I hate that I did not know about this before I enter college but now I know better, next time I will plan better for my future now.

The best thing I consider about my school is the classrooms. The classrooms are not full with students. I think some of the subjects only have small amount of students because its a better learning enviroment. The students have a better one of one learning with the professors because the classrooms are small and do not need a big crowd. I like small classrooms at Rhode Island College because they are a perfect fit, and I feel more comfortable to learn. The professors have the classrooms arranged in a good area so their students feel comfortable to learn much better.

yorisola

they are very friendly and helpful

they are very friendly and helpful

i will advise myself to apply to as many scholarship as possible and also to transition straight to a university instead of going to a community college first. Although I'm grateful to God for the route i went through because it made me who i am.

anyone who is not ready to learn should not bother

Lacy

My school is friendly, open and supportive to its students.

My school is friendly, open and supportive to its students.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior there are many things I would tell myself. First I would tell myself to get a job. Babysitting while fun and flexible is not a stable income. Next I would tell myself that although teachers say college is much harder than high school this is not true. I was terrified my first year of college and spent most of my time studying. Because of this I didnt have many friends at school. Lastly I would tell myself to be more outgoing and make more friends.

A person who enjoys fun and egaging classes of small sizes should attend this school. Someone who is accademically driven, bey enjoys having fun should come to this school.

Rhode Island College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.