Providence, RI
Rhode Island College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rhode Island College

Sara
RIC Review

RIC Review

I attended Rhode Island College, but did not finish my degree. My experience was excellent. For the most part I truly enjoyed my professors and the knowledge and experience they had to offer.

Meagan

As a commuter I have realized that Rhode Island College students are very unconnected from one another, and many students wish it was easier to make friends on campus.

Rhode Island College class rooms have a very wide range of ethnicities and ages. This certainly has the potential to make RIC a great learning place for students. I love the way each person tha comes to class has a completely different outlook on life than the person sitting next to them because it adds a lot to class discussions.

Haley

Relax. There is no need to stress out. College is not the shark tank high school teachers make it out to be. There are plenty of students, professors, and other faculty members that are more than willing to help you. College is not a journey that you take alone and it is not a set up to make the kids who were not "properly prepared" fail, everyone is promoted and assissted to accomplish success. Work hard, study, and make sure to balance your hard work with spending time with friends and family as well. A well balanced and properly organizede schedule of your life is the key to a successful and very enjoyable college experience. Anyone can enjoy college.

The reputation about the school. People underestimate Rhode Island College simply because it is a cheap state school. Students who attend here are often seen as inferior to schools such as University of Rhode Island. Although this seems benign, reputations of a college could mean the attraction or deterrent of potential future students. RIC is actually an excellent college, but poorly represented and should possibly advertise more of their great achievments and opportunities.

They will often have students working in the buildings of the college as receptionists and other jobs related to this. Although it seems like a good idea, it is very frustrating when the student is not well informed regarding the information of the building in which they are working and simply take down your name and number for an actual employee, professor, chair, etc. of the building to call you back which they usually do approximately a week later or never do at all. Very difficult when figuring out things such as finacial issues.

Caitlyn

The best thing about RIC is that it is small. It is easily to get around on campus, and is never overwhelming. The smalller classroom setting allows teachers to be more connected with their students, which is something that many college students dont get the opportunity to have.

There really isnt anything too horrible at RIC. However, because over half the students are commuters it can sometimes be difficult to get involved and meet new people.

Gwendolyn

I would tell myself that hard work is very important and that setting yourself to a task needs to be something you stick to. You need to make sure you do all your work first and then you can make your way through classes easier and not stress like you do now. You need to make sure that everying will be okay as long as you work hard and you keep your head on straight. Even as I would say this, I struggle with it and wish I got into the practice sooner. Each semester is a chance for improvement and studying is extremely important to your studies. College is the theoretics, so you need to make sure that you can apply the practice into real life. Keep your connections from work, school, and camp and you'll be just fine. Brush it off and push through it. This too shall pass, along with every other hardship that we have passed.

I find the best thing about my school is the size because of its sense of community. Because it is a small school a lot of people know each other and there is all sorts of student run organzations and good ways to connect with each other.

That's the thing, anybody could come to this school, there is a program for almost everything and there are clubs for every area of interest, so anybody could feel welcome here and be able to fit right in.

patricia

My advice to my former 17 year-old self is to not pick a major right away. Take as much general education courses as you can and prolong your decision as long as you can, unless you really do have something you've ways been passionate about since you were a child; if thats not the case then you should just explore your options. The right career is not always what best suits you according to your personality, work ethic and skills. There is a career you think you should undertake and really it's not best for you and if you dont explore what else is out there you may get stuck doing something you find you're not a match for, and may even discover this when you have wasted lots of time and money that you can't get back. Take personality tests, "career" tests, and research a lot until you can clearly see what you should be doing in life, and until it all falls into place and feels right for you. I wouldnt be surprised if most people find that they ended up with a career totally different from the one they started with.

The best aspect about Rhode Island College is that it's a school that seem to have something for nearly everyone and its very convenient. The school is not as big as other schools and its easy for a person like me with no car to get around; school buildings are close to one another and that helps a lot. Also some of the classes have some really great and dedicated teachers that totally engage you in class. Top-class teachers you would never expect to find at this small school, you can find here at RIC.

The worse thing about this school is that counseling is not as honest as it should be. Perhaps since counselors know where their money is made, they refuse to delve deep into what truly is a good future career choice in your studied field. This could be how most counselors are in general, they dont want to be negative but then they end up being unrealisitic and lead naive students down a wrong path. I had to find out better and more accurate career info elsewhere, instead of with my assigned counselors.

Sheerethia

If I could go back in time to my high school self, I would tell myself to be confident. I would inform myself that everyone has flaws, whether inward or outward, and that mine that did not define me, nor did they make me less important than anyone else. I woould also tell myself to explore life a bit more, to go to more events and talk to more people. College is nothing like high school. College students spend time getting to know each other, rather than picking at each other. The final thing I would tell myself is that it is important to be intelligent. I would inform myself that all of the things, like trying to impress other students and focusing on my outward appearance, were not as important as being intelligent. I would have told me to work harder, focus on imporving my grades, and being proud of my intelligence.

The convenient location, I don't have to drive far.

Lucas

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to do the application process earlier than I did. Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself to apply to college a lot earlier than I did. I would also tell myself to apply for scholarships a lot earlier than I am now. The reason i would have told myself to apply to college earlier, is because the amount of worrying I had to suffer through as I applied last minute. I could have saved myself a lot of stress and actually enjoyed my senior year a little bit more. The reason I would have told mysellf to apply for scholarships a lot earlier is to also relieve myself of the stress I'm going through. That way I would have already known what scholarships I would have gotten and I could have asked my guidance counselor for help.

What I consider the best thing about my school is the wide variety of majors that I can choose from. This way I still have my options open and can choose from a buffet of choices for what I wish to do after college. Also if the major they have doesn't go into to much depth, you are allowed to transfer to another college that may better focus on that major.

What I consider the worst thing about my college is that it isn't considered a big college. It is still isn't considered a college that people would go to for 4 years to get their degree, many consider it a college they go to for 2 years and then transfer to a "bigger" college. It just doesn't seem to get the respect that it deserves.

Natasha

I would say do all your school all at once and get it done. I have been a part time student while working full-time for most of my post-highschool career. With the cost of school and living going up it is difficult to finish a degree and work at the same time due to costs. Also to get involved in as many community and networking projects as possible.

The cost is lower than most in the state of Rhode Island. Also the distance is short for an easier commute.

A student who needs engaged professors. A majority of the professors are there just for the pay, you can tell they don't like what they do.

Rhode Island College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.