Providence, RI
Rhode Island College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Rhode Island College

Sonia

Being a high school senior I didnt know much about college. Both my parents never attended college. Both my parents were born in Dominican Republic where education lifestyles were a bit different. As a first generation college student I knew I had to do many things on my own or seek help from my guidance counselors. I exceled in high school with an outstanding GPA. They did the best that the possibly could in directing me in the right path. If I could go back in time I would advise myself to have taken early college courses in high school. Those early college courses would have helped me advance in college now. I struggle to take more than 4 classes each term because of financial need. I work full time as a legal secretary to be able to put money aside and pay the most that I can for my college tuition. I receive partial financial aid and pay the difference out of pocket. I take what I know now and advise my younger sister of the importance of having a college education. I try to be a resource to her while she is a senior.

I wish I knew the difference between a full time student and part time student in regards to credits. Knowing the distinction would have changed my financial aid.

Someone who is career driven. Someone who is determined and wants a bright future.

Alyssa

Alyssa, I know you're an oxymoron considering how shy you are for being a member of the high school drama club, but you really need to open up. Join more organizations, become more social! Trust me, the amount of work you put into seeking more diverse activities and friendships, the easier it will be to transition into college life. Everyone is different, everyone has a story, and in order to appreciate the amount of overwhelming culture thriving at your fingertips during your time spent at college, you need to take the first grasp early on. Become more aware of the social activity going on around you. Good luck!

The best thing about my school is the intimate setting. Rhode Island College is a small campus, and through that students are able to form better relationships among peers and educators.

Rhode Island College has a few programs that are very well known, so I would say if the person knew they wanted to be a nurse or teacher, RIC has the perfect program.

Rhode Island College is a great school with some really great teachers but they find any way possible to take your money whether it be orientation fees or parking tickets.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a college senior I would tell myself to look into college majors and scholarships more than I did. I didn't decide on my major until my fourth semester at CCRI and it was very stressfull. I had not really looked into different majors before then. I also have not gotten any scholarships since I started college so I already have a lot of debt and I still at least four semesters left.

As a new student I really liked that everything on campus is easy to find. I have not gotten lost on campus since I started and if I did theres maps online and many people around that could help.

Paige

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell my self that college can be stressful sometimes but also it can be fun. College life is nothing like high school life, the teachers are just as hard as high school teachers, the work load is a little more but you have more time to complete the work. Also that as a starting freshemn living on campus is so much easier then commuting because you dont have to worrie about the traffic and it less stressful. Also get involed alittle, join clubs be apart of the college it makes it more enjoyable. Lastly, dont stress about you roomate because you and her are going to get along very well and the friends that you have made in college will last you a lifetime, high school is filled with drama and cliques but in college everyone is diferent and everyone is accepted in to the family just the way they are. Yeah sure there are some people who care about the people they hang out with be all that doesnt matter youre in college now. Its all good, dont stress.

I would have to say a student who wants to attend a big universtiy that is a major contributer to sports, also a student who want to be apart of sority life and wants to be into the life around campus. Agian this college is a very small college, also RIC doesnt have scholarship for sports because we are Division 3 in sports. So a student who wants a Sport scholarship and or be apart of a big team shouldnt attend this college.

What I tell my friends about Rhode Island College is that the college is a very small college but its easy to get around. The classes are small so its an easy transition over from high school. Also that they have wonderful professors that are here to help us better our education. Finally I tell them that the education program is one of the best programs because of their high performance in acedemic learning. We also have a high of grants in acdemic performence.

Steffany

Rhode Island College is an amazing school. It provides students with a handful of helpful apportunities to better ourselves everyday. Some of those apportunites are tutoring online and in person, a writing center where we could get help with our work and also provide us with writting skills. The teachers are really cooperative , they are available to help you at all time even out of their office hours and they make sure you comprehend the lesson before they move futher. all in all, Rhode Island College has many resources that you can benefict from and is also a safe campus.

i think whats unique about Rhode Island College is the amount of activities on and off campus that they provide us with every month. The activities are fun and full of new experiences. also the students are friendly and always glad to help others. Another thing that is unique about my school is that the resident assistants are constantly making activities to get everyone in the hall to get know each other, they also work hard for everyone to have a comfortable environment without any discrimination or disrespect.

Noe

Focus. Hunger. Drive. Those are the three words that come to mind that I would of have engraved on my forehead if I could of have gone back. Just for thirty seconds to even just say Focus would be suffice. I never realized how much a career could do, not just for myself, but for my country. I am Mexican-American, the stereotype in America goes around that Mexicans typically drop out of high school, or simply graduate and do not further their education. I am not sure if there is no hunger, if there is no drive, but we definitely do need focus. I think the reason for that being is the opportunities that we misunderstand. This degree in my field can provide hope, drive, and focus for my generation, for my family, and for myself, to bringabout that a career can change your life.

Kaila

Rhode Island College is the only college I applied to after transferring from Community College of Rhode Island. Rhode Island College is unique in not only how many majors are available to pursue but also the close proximity to my house, making for a short commute.

Knowing what I know now, I would advise my seventeen-year-old self to consider my options as far as other majors. I had my mind set on nursing at such a young age that I didn't let myself acknowledge the broad range of alternative possibilities. Now that I have successfully changed my major, two years later, I couldn't be happier. However, I wish I realized this sooner before spending such extended time on strictly science based courses. I would also advise ending a personal relationship which held me back from living on campus my freshman year and enjoying extra curricular activities I could have flourished at; due to jealousy and childish behavior on their part. Last but not least, I would advise to never give up on myself, stay determined and strong, understand the transition is awkward and stressful but amazing and necessary. Success is achievable even through midterms, finals, exams, doubts and uncertainty. On the other hand, I would only share that last piece of motivational advice. Simply because all my experiences and decisions have led to the development of the mature, responsible, independent woman I am today.

Rhode Island College provides the ability to further my education without having to leave home. The ability to commute so I can also work part time while being a full time student is a must. I am able to further my education to earn a degree and work in a well respected career in the field of my choice with the support of family.

Meaghan

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would excentuate the imprtance of time management, not only in the application and scholarship process, but in my courses as well. While applying to college and for scholarships, I learned how important it is to get things done in a timely manner. I waited to hear back from my colleges for months and realized that had I applied sooner I would have heard back sooner and had less time to stress. I also thought I had more time to apply for scholarships and missed many deadlines. I would tell myself to be ontop of taking application opportunities as soon as they became available. Finally, I would tell myself that this is a life altering time and the choices I make will be with me forever. Be smart, careful, and think about how my choices will affect my future.

I like the professors I have encountered at Rhode Island College. I have heard great things about many professors and have had enjoyable encounters with many. Those who I have had in class have been very nice and willing to help each student succeed. I hope to continues to have such luck through the remainder of my time as a student at Rhode Island College.

Anybody looking for a large campus with lot of activities should not attend this school. The campus is very small and I do not feel as though I am receiving the full college experience because of that. Due to the small campus, there is not much opportunity for activities to be offered.

Alexander

Your education is an investment, don't worry so much about how much it costs. Find the school that you fall in love with and that has all the resources, classes, and opportunities that will allow you to achieve your goals and dreams in life. Make sure the college you pick will be a nurturing and welcoming environment for you, don't pick a school because your friends go there. You will make new friends whereever you go. It's ok to take time away from school and experience the world outside academia if you're unsure what you want to do with your life. Most importantly, have fun and love what you're studying; if you are not, then do not be afraid to change your direction. The journey is as important, if not more so, than the destination.

Anyone that wants an active and engaged student body. There are involved students, but they are the minority. Anyone that wants a large residental student body, 86% of students at RIC commute due to limited space in the dorms. It's also a large campus community with about 9,000 undergrads and 1,000 grad students, it's not ideal for someone looking for an intimate college setting.

Chelsey

I would have definately considered staying home, other than going out of state for college. I would have thought about trying to find more scholarships, especially for athletics. I also probably would have started putting away money early.

I wish I would have known that the school is a big commuter school. I would have transfereed to a different school, or maybe even better prepared myself somehow. There isn't much of a "scene" for providence either. If you do go out, it is better to go with friends than by yourself. I would have definately had looked up the area a little more.

If you are okay with not having so many people on campus. There will be people on campus, but you would have to be okay with seeing more people during the day than througout the whole day.

Rhode Island College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.