Providence, RI

Rhode Island College

« See more reviews of Rhode Island College

Departments on campus do not collaborate and will screw you ove if you're not on top of everything that needs to be done to guarantee your success in the school. Many students have dropped out or changed majors because of departmental disfunction; both with faculty and staff. There have been holds on student accounts because payments aren't being sent through promptly for classes even when checks are received from scholarship providers. It is way too expensive for what's available to students, especially those out of state. It's not worth it.

The worse thing about this school is that counseling is not as honest as it should be. Perhaps since counselors know where their money is made, they refuse to delve deep into what truly is a good future career choice in your studied field. This could be how most counselors are in general, they dont want to be negative but then they end up being unrealisitic and lead naive students down a wrong path. I had to find out better and more accurate career info elsewhere, instead of with my assigned counselors.

The reputation about the school. People underestimate Rhode Island College simply because it is a cheap state school. Students who attend here are often seen as inferior to schools such as University of Rhode Island. Although this seems benign, reputations of a college could mean the attraction or deterrent of potential future students. RIC is actually an excellent college, but poorly represented and should possibly advertise more of their great achievments and opportunities.

The worst thing about RIC is that lots of students don't appreciate the education we're recieving. Rhode Island College may not the the MOST prestigious of colleges but the quality of education has nothing to do with the name of the school. As a music major I am honored to be working with teachers who are truly gifted, knowledgable, and experienced in their field. In all of my other classes the teachers are great. Students need to be more proud of the school.

Being student in a state college, money is a huge issue. I would say that the worse thing about Rhode Island College is that some classrooms we're forced to learn in reminds me of high school. The desks and marking on the tables makes it hard for me to concentrate and remember that my school is a college, rather than a high school. It doesn't help that there are lockers in some of the hallways as well.

The worst thing about Rhode Island College would have to be the way some of the classrooms look. For instants, I had a classroom that was dingy so it made me sleepy while my professor was teaching and I couldn't focus on what she was saying. But if the classrooms had a bit more color and a bit more cleaner than I think I would be able to concentrate more on my studies, trying to keep myself awake.

The worst aspect of my school is the condition many of the buildings are in. Many of the floors are missing tiles. Along with that many ceiling tiles are missing. The carpets are disgusting and many of the desks need to be replaced. Many of the bathrooms need renovating. Some of the ceilings have leaks in them too. Inside, many of the buildings are just not appealing to the eye.

The worst thing about Rhode Island College is the process of picking classes. Picking classes is very stressful in any college because the same happened when I attended Bridgewater State College. The reason why picking classes is the worst thing about school is because you might now get the class that you want and this makes picking classes very very stressful!

What I consider the worst thing about my college is that it isn't considered a big college. It is still isn't considered a college that people would go to for 4 years to get their degree, many consider it a college they go to for 2 years and then transfer to a "bigger" college. It just doesn't seem to get the respect that it deserves.

The worst thing about my school is that there is not enough spaces for students to relax and study when they are not in class. Such as the students that do not live on campus they only have like two places to go... This is very unfair... The students could do better with more places to sit and study..