Rhode Island College Top Questions

Haley

The reputation about the school. People underestimate Rhode Island College simply because it is a cheap state school. Students who attend here are often seen as inferior to schools such as University of Rhode Island. Although this seems benign, reputations of a college could mean the attraction or deterrent of potential future students. RIC is actually an excellent college, but poorly represented and should possibly advertise more of their great achievments and opportunities.

Caitlyn

There really isnt anything too horrible at RIC. However, because over half the students are commuters it can sometimes be difficult to get involved and meet new people.

patricia

The worse thing about this school is that counseling is not as honest as it should be. Perhaps since counselors know where their money is made, they refuse to delve deep into what truly is a good future career choice in your studied field. This could be how most counselors are in general, they dont want to be negative but then they end up being unrealisitic and lead naive students down a wrong path. I had to find out better and more accurate career info elsewhere, instead of with my assigned counselors.

Lucas

What I consider the worst thing about my college is that it isn't considered a big college. It is still isn't considered a college that people would go to for 4 years to get their degree, many consider it a college they go to for 2 years and then transfer to a "bigger" college. It just doesn't seem to get the respect that it deserves.

kyanna

i don't know

Jalaina

What I consider to be the worst part of my school is the sports. Rhode Island College does not have a football team, a cheerleading team. People tend to take pride in their school when their football team does well. and it is hard to be proud of a school that is division three school.

Tammara

Some of the administration people that work there are rude.

Kelsey

The worst thing about the school would be that they are under going a great deal of construction; however, it is to improve the campus.

Laura

There is nothing wrong with Rhode Island College

Andrea

The only bad thing about my school is the fact that the campus is so small. There isn't much to do on campus during free time so it cann get boring sometimes. Also, that the room and board rates are really high.

Llinda

what i consider to be the worst thing about my school is the lack of majors.

Adrienne

The worst thing about Rhode Island College is the parking problem because it is such a huge commuter campus!

Leonela

Nothing

Emerita

The worst thing about my school is that it is not too big as many students wish it was. It has a lot of students now, but it does not cover a huge land area. It is one of the smallest colleges of Providence.

Mason

The worst aspect of my school is the condition many of the buildings are in. Many of the floors are missing tiles. Along with that many ceiling tiles are missing. The carpets are disgusting and many of the desks need to be replaced. Many of the bathrooms need renovating. Some of the ceilings have leaks in them too. Inside, many of the buildings are just not appealing to the eye.

The worst thing about RIC is that lots of students don't appreciate the education we're recieving. Rhode Island College may not the the MOST prestigious of colleges but the quality of education has nothing to do with the name of the school. As a music major I am honored to be working with teachers who are truly gifted, knowledgable, and experienced in their field. In all of my other classes the teachers are great. Students need to be more proud of the school.

Manivanh

Being student in a state college, money is a huge issue. I would say that the worse thing about Rhode Island College is that some classrooms we're forced to learn in reminds me of high school. The desks and marking on the tables makes it hard for me to concentrate and remember that my school is a college, rather than a high school. It doesn't help that there are lockers in some of the hallways as well.

Katelyn

The worst thing about Rhode Island College is the process of picking classes. Picking classes is very stressful in any college because the same happened when I attended Bridgewater State College. The reason why picking classes is the worst thing about school is because you might now get the class that you want and this makes picking classes very very stressful!

Courtney

not sure.

Steven

The Lack of Organization in the Financial Aid Department.

Karissa

The counselors do not do an excellent job of helping students when needed.

Victoria

The wrost thing sbout my school is not getting enought financial aid. The middle class students seems to be the ones effected the most when it comes to getting their financial.

Jacob

The size . It looses alot of the college feel beacuse of size and the massive amount of commuters who go to the school.

Ines

Some of the buildings had issues with heating; one part of the building would be frigid and down the hall would be a sauna. Other than that, the school rocked!

Laura

Thecondition of the buildings. They are falling apart. Some of the dorms are even so bad, they are a health hazard

Alexandrea

The worst thing about my school is the budget cuts! It's hard for the departments at school now to be able to afford much supplies. My English department didn't have a sufficient supply of paper this past semester to make handouts for our class!

Niyoka

Departments on campus do not collaborate and will screw you ove if you're not on top of everything that needs to be done to guarantee your success in the school. Many students have dropped out or changed majors because of departmental disfunction; both with faculty and staff. There have been holds on student accounts because payments aren't being sent through promptly for classes even when checks are received from scholarship providers. It is way too expensive for what's available to students, especially those out of state. It's not worth it.

Holleigh

The worst thing about Rhode Island College would have to be the way some of the classrooms look. For instants, I had a classroom that was dingy so it made me sleepy while my professor was teaching and I couldn't focus on what she was saying. But if the classrooms had a bit more color and a bit more cleaner than I think I would be able to concentrate more on my studies, trying to keep myself awake.

Adrianna

I wish Rhode Island College reached out to students more about applying for internships so they can get more experience in the field of work they are interested in.

Katelyn

The worst thing about my school is the cafeteria. Although its a college cafeteria and I understand they only have so much money to put in it, there is a very minimum choice for each meal. I end up having a salad and sandwich everyday.

Justin

It has very nice on campus housing, but it's space limited. Often considered a commuter campus, RIC really doesn't have the social night life I was expecting coming to college, but it's really all you make it.

It takes many people more than 4 years to get their bachelor's degree. Not sure why yet because I am only a sophomore. Maybe too many people are slacking or working at their jobs to support themselves.

Erin

PARKING! I am a commuter so I have to park; there is not enough parking!

The worst thing about my school is that there is not enough spaces for students to relax and study when they are not in class. Such as the students that do not live on campus they only have like two places to go... This is very unfair... The students could do better with more places to sit and study..

Bridget

There is NEVER enough parking. Finding a spot and getting to class on time is always a hassle.

Kathryn

The lack of efficient communication. It is virtually impossible for any student on this campus to get a straight answer to a question without wasting time and an excessive amount of heartache.