Rhode Island College Top Questions

Relax. There is no need to stress out. College is not the shark tank high school teachers make it out to be. There are plenty of students, professors, and other faculty members that are more than willing to help you. College is not a journey that you take alone and it is not a set up to make the kids who were not "properly prepared" fail, everyone is promoted and assissted to accomplish success. Work hard, study, and make sure to balance your hard work with spending time with friends and family as well. A well balanced and properly organizede schedule of your life is the key to a successful and very enjoyable college experience. Anyone can enjoy college.

Gwendolyn

I would tell myself that hard work is very important and that setting yourself to a task needs to be something you stick to. You need to make sure you do all your work first and then you can make your way through classes easier and not stress like you do now. You need to make sure that everying will be okay as long as you work hard and you keep your head on straight. Even as I would say this, I struggle with it and wish I got into the practice sooner. Each semester is a chance for improvement and studying is extremely important to your studies. College is the theoretics, so you need to make sure that you can apply the practice into real life. Keep your connections from work, school, and camp and you'll be just fine. Brush it off and push through it. This too shall pass, along with every other hardship that we have passed.

patricia

My advice to my former 17 year-old self is to not pick a major right away. Take as much general education courses as you can and prolong your decision as long as you can, unless you really do have something you've ways been passionate about since you were a child; if thats not the case then you should just explore your options. The right career is not always what best suits you according to your personality, work ethic and skills. There is a career you think you should undertake and really it's not best for you and if you dont explore what else is out there you may get stuck doing something you find you're not a match for, and may even discover this when you have wasted lots of time and money that you can't get back. Take personality tests, "career" tests, and research a lot until you can clearly see what you should be doing in life, and until it all falls into place and feels right for you. I wouldnt be surprised if most people find that they ended up with a career totally different from the one they started with.

Sheerethia

If I could go back in time to my high school self, I would tell myself to be confident. I would inform myself that everyone has flaws, whether inward or outward, and that mine that did not define me, nor did they make me less important than anyone else. I woould also tell myself to explore life a bit more, to go to more events and talk to more people. College is nothing like high school. College students spend time getting to know each other, rather than picking at each other. The final thing I would tell myself is that it is important to be intelligent. I would inform myself that all of the things, like trying to impress other students and focusing on my outward appearance, were not as important as being intelligent. I would have told me to work harder, focus on imporving my grades, and being proud of my intelligence.

Lucas

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to do the application process earlier than I did. Knowing what I know now, I would tell myself to apply to college a lot earlier than I did. I would also tell myself to apply for scholarships a lot earlier than I am now. The reason i would have told myself to apply to college earlier, is because the amount of worrying I had to suffer through as I applied last minute. I could have saved myself a lot of stress and actually enjoyed my senior year a little bit more. The reason I would have told mysellf to apply for scholarships a lot earlier is to also relieve myself of the stress I'm going through. That way I would have already known what scholarships I would have gotten and I could have asked my guidance counselor for help.

Natasha

I would say do all your school all at once and get it done. I have been a part time student while working full-time for most of my post-highschool career. With the cost of school and living going up it is difficult to finish a degree and work at the same time due to costs. Also to get involved in as many community and networking projects as possible.

Sonia

Being a high school senior I didnt know much about college. Both my parents never attended college. Both my parents were born in Dominican Republic where education lifestyles were a bit different. As a first generation college student I knew I had to do many things on my own or seek help from my guidance counselors. I exceled in high school with an outstanding GPA. They did the best that the possibly could in directing me in the right path. If I could go back in time I would advise myself to have taken early college courses in high school. Those early college courses would have helped me advance in college now. I struggle to take more than 4 classes each term because of financial need. I work full time as a legal secretary to be able to put money aside and pay the most that I can for my college tuition. I receive partial financial aid and pay the difference out of pocket. I take what I know now and advise my younger sister of the importance of having a college education. I try to be a resource to her while she is a senior.

Alyssa, I know you're an oxymoron considering how shy you are for being a member of the high school drama club, but you really need to open up. Join more organizations, become more social! Trust me, the amount of work you put into seeking more diverse activities and friendships, the easier it will be to transition into college life. Everyone is different, everyone has a story, and in order to appreciate the amount of overwhelming culture thriving at your fingertips during your time spent at college, you need to take the first grasp early on. Become more aware of the social activity going on around you. Good luck!

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a college senior I would tell myself to look into college majors and scholarships more than I did. I didn't decide on my major until my fourth semester at CCRI and it was very stressfull. I had not really looked into different majors before then. I also have not gotten any scholarships since I started college so I already have a lot of debt and I still at least four semesters left.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell my self that college can be stressful sometimes but also it can be fun. College life is nothing like high school life, the teachers are just as hard as high school teachers, the work load is a little more but you have more time to complete the work. Also that as a starting freshemn living on campus is so much easier then commuting because you dont have to worrie about the traffic and it less stressful. Also get involed alittle, join clubs be apart of the college it makes it more enjoyable. Lastly, dont stress about you roomate because you and her are going to get along very well and the friends that you have made in college will last you a lifetime, high school is filled with drama and cliques but in college everyone is diferent and everyone is accepted in to the family just the way they are. Yeah sure there are some people who care about the people they hang out with be all that doesnt matter youre in college now. Its all good, dont stress.

Noe

Focus. Hunger. Drive. Those are the three words that come to mind that I would of have engraved on my forehead if I could of have gone back. Just for thirty seconds to even just say Focus would be suffice. I never realized how much a career could do, not just for myself, but for my country. I am Mexican-American, the stereotype in America goes around that Mexicans typically drop out of high school, or simply graduate and do not further their education. I am not sure if there is no hunger, if there is no drive, but we definitely do need focus. I think the reason for that being is the opportunities that we misunderstand. This degree in my field can provide hope, drive, and focus for my generation, for my family, and for myself, to bringabout that a career can change your life.

Kaila

Knowing what I know now, I would advise my seventeen-year-old self to consider my options as far as other majors. I had my mind set on nursing at such a young age that I didn't let myself acknowledge the broad range of alternative possibilities. Now that I have successfully changed my major, two years later, I couldn't be happier. However, I wish I realized this sooner before spending such extended time on strictly science based courses. I would also advise ending a personal relationship which held me back from living on campus my freshman year and enjoying extra curricular activities I could have flourished at; due to jealousy and childish behavior on their part. Last but not least, I would advise to never give up on myself, stay determined and strong, understand the transition is awkward and stressful but amazing and necessary. Success is achievable even through midterms, finals, exams, doubts and uncertainty. On the other hand, I would only share that last piece of motivational advice. Simply because all my experiences and decisions have led to the development of the mature, responsible, independent woman I am today.

Meaghan

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would excentuate the imprtance of time management, not only in the application and scholarship process, but in my courses as well. While applying to college and for scholarships, I learned how important it is to get things done in a timely manner. I waited to hear back from my colleges for months and realized that had I applied sooner I would have heard back sooner and had less time to stress. I also thought I had more time to apply for scholarships and missed many deadlines. I would tell myself to be ontop of taking application opportunities as soon as they became available. Finally, I would tell myself that this is a life altering time and the choices I make will be with me forever. Be smart, careful, and think about how my choices will affect my future.

Your education is an investment, don't worry so much about how much it costs. Find the school that you fall in love with and that has all the resources, classes, and opportunities that will allow you to achieve your goals and dreams in life. Make sure the college you pick will be a nurturing and welcoming environment for you, don't pick a school because your friends go there. You will make new friends whereever you go. It's ok to take time away from school and experience the world outside academia if you're unsure what you want to do with your life. Most importantly, have fun and love what you're studying; if you are not, then do not be afraid to change your direction. The journey is as important, if not more so, than the destination.

Chelsey

I would have definately considered staying home, other than going out of state for college. I would have thought about trying to find more scholarships, especially for athletics. I also probably would have started putting away money early.

If I were to go back in time as a senior graduating high school, I would advise myself to not be so nervous about starting this new chapter of my life. I also would express the importance of studying, reading and excelling in everything I do, making it clear to myself to give my all in everything I do. One of the many lessons I learned while attending college was you only have one chance to do your absolute best and to make that chance count. As a college student, I've become exposed to vast diversity; if I were to go back and talk to my high school-self I would encourage myself to embrace diversity sooner and use it as a tool to enhance my education.

It has been nearly eight years since I graduated from high school and I have learned many lessons along the way. However, if I could go back and talk to my high school self I would say to not give up or become discouraged. I know that seems like very generic advice but not long after I graduated high school I became pregnant and had my first son. I attempted to remain in school but believed it was too difficult and I needed to be home with Isaiah. Eight years later and with two sons now I have realized that yes it is difficult and yes it takes a lot of my energy and time but it is worth it because I am doing it to provide a better future for them. If I had realized this sooner I would be further in my career and able to spend more time with them and attend all events. So if I could go back I would make myself see that it would be better for my family to push through and finish and not give up so they cant say "my mommy quit because of me".

If i coud go back to my high school days and tell myself ahead of time i would say, just be prepared and dont take it as a joke. Being in college is very hard. When you are sitting around in that classroom your teachers are there but they are expecting you to know somethings and work on your own. Some people think that the teachers are always going to be there for you to answer ever question or yet giving them to you. I would have told myself that I needed to take noted and make sure that i can do it by myself. Most of my classes are done online so I'm only inside the classroom with my teachers for a little time of the day, they are they to helo and answer few questions and they dont do one on one time alot. I loved being in high school working with the teachers and having fun with the classmates but I wasnt prepared for college so i would tell myself, work hard, get your work done and pay very close attention to everything that your teachers are saying to you. Stop Think and listen to them!

The only thing I regret when I was a high school senior was not putting in the effort to get better grades. I ended my high school career with a 2.5 GPA and in college it is at a 3.0 and increasing. If I could go back in time I would tell myself to join more clubs in school and to work harder into getting better grades. Going to college with a 2.5 GPA isn't something to be proud of, but I have certainly learned from my high school experience that if I can put in the effort I can succeed.

The biggest advice I could give myself as a high school senior would be to begin practicing time management. In high school I had plenty of free time, and time management was not something I was very concerned with. Knowing I was going to wrestle in college while taking on a much larger courseload, I was aware that time management would be the key to my success. However, I had no idea that learning how to manage my time well would not be something I could learn over night. My first few years in college were tough because I had never practiced managing my time. During my first semester, while balancing athletics and 12 credits, I earned a GPA of 2.75. By spring semester of my junior year I received a GPA of 3.8, bringing my cumulative GPA up to a 3.5. Only this time I was balancing athletics, 18 credits, an internship, and a part time job. By now I would say I am fairly good at managing my time. However, if I had learned how to manage my time earlier I could have been a lot more productive during my first few years of college.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible, even the small ones. Do not take anything for granted and always try your best at whatever it is. If this was possible, I would also tell myself to retake the tests in some of my classes to bring my GPA up. College is not for free and do not rely on loans, unless that's your only option left. College life is going to be new and different but whatever happens, happens for a reason. Do not wait till the last minute to do something, apply for scholarships the moment you can and try your best to get the scholarship. College life is completely different from high school life and is going to be a new experience for anyone.

Speaking to my high school senior self, the best advice I can give is to persevere. High school is only a small piece of your individual growth; "growing up" is a time people generally associate with physical and emotional pubescent growth. The truth is that high school is the easy part. Going to college is actually the beginning of your adaptation into a fully functioning and independent human being, and that is what you have wanted all your life. Everything about college, from choosing a major to meeting new people, may seem terrifying and confusing; because it is...it is supposed to be. The transition into college will bring forth enormous challenges relating to social skills, academic success, and self-discovery. Chances are the challenges you meet may cause you to fall into the lowest form of yourself; one that you did not know existed. You will not be sure what to do in order to solve the problems you face, but with perseverance you will metamorphose into the highest functioning form of yourself. You will learn from these struggles and find your potential. When times seem too difficult and you aren't sure you can manage? Persevere.

Dhienica

The biggest advice I would give myself is try harder. After going through my first college year I learned that college cost money and not everyone has the money. So the best thing to do is get good grades so you can recieve scholarships to pay for school. If I did go back as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to apply for more scholarhsips because I did not apply to any scholarships are a high school senior and I really regret that because I'm paying the price now. I need money in order to finish my college years on camupus and I don't have the money right now. But back then as a senior in high school, I would apply to a lot of scholarships and not worry about money problems. I am stress out about money right now, and I need to apply to a lot of scholarhips in order to finish college but if I knew this back then I would of been ready. I hate that I did not know about this before I enter college but now I know better, next time I will plan better for my future now.

yorisola

i will advise myself to apply to as many scholarship as possible and also to transition straight to a university instead of going to a community college first. Although I'm grateful to God for the route i went through because it made me who i am.

Lacy

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior there are many things I would tell myself. First I would tell myself to get a job. Babysitting while fun and flexible is not a stable income. Next I would tell myself that although teachers say college is much harder than high school this is not true. I was terrified my first year of college and spent most of my time studying. Because of this I didnt have many friends at school. Lastly I would tell myself to be more outgoing and make more friends.

Don't go with the English major!

christina

My advice for any highschool student at all is too take every minute of college seriously. I saw in my freshman year a lot of people looking at college for an excuse to party. Now these students are struggling now because they started off on a bad foot. College is a great experience and it is very fun but you need to take college seriously to be able to come out with a lifetime of accomplishments.

Jalaina

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to worry so much about going to college. The transition is big but nothing that i cant handle. An important thing I would tell myself is to stay organized and always ask for help if I need it. In highschool the teacher will stop and explain everything, in college the teacher isnt going to slow down and explain unless you ask her to. I am paying for an edcuation so if I dont understand I need to speak up. Lastly I would tell myself to take risks, try new things and to just have fun.

I wish I could re-do my high school years. If I had the opportunity to talk to my high school senior self, I would tell her that she really needs to take school more seriously. Just because it's your final year doesn't mean you're graduated yet. But even you know you're smart. You passed your SAT's brilliantly and you've done wonderful in the three english classes you're taking. College has taught me so much of how to be a better student. I know for a fact I've changed my bad habits and am becoming the student I have always wanted to be. I'm taking my life at Rhode Island College very seriously and letting nothing distract me from achieving my goals in school and in life.

Astronomers estimate 100 billion stars inhabit the Milky Way––but our galaxy is not lonely. There are trillions of galaxies, the sum of whose stars is larger than the total grains of sand on Earth.So seriously, Adam, slow down. The universe doesn’t revolve around you. Don't let this trouble you. You’re kind and aware; you always will be. I say this more as a reminder. Be patient. Set boundaries. And most importantly, seek perspective. Strive every day to understand the little things against a larger backdrop. Perspective is something you’ll find and lose time and again. Perspective is a stubborn child, who even as I write this is growing, and just like you, becoming some new and curious edition. And that’s okay.You’re graduating high school at 15 years old. People drive cars for 20 years; they hold down jobs for 50, and live for twice that long. This is perspective. Sorry, I don’t have any revealing facts to help you, no prophetic list of choices you should make. Instead, I offer something better: Be aware of the stars. Be aware of you. These two actions are really not that different.

Alan

If I could, I would go back to tell myself several things. One I would tell myself to be strong and not fear what the future holds, it may be scary and unknown, but it is also amazing. It holds many great people and great times, you'll experience enjoyment in a class like none you have taken before, it will forever change your life and make up your mind for you. Second I would tell myself that regardless of how terrible or difficult it seems to be at any point while attending the new campus, to keep going, to be strong, and fight towards a better future. Sure there will be some bumpy parts and rough classes and time full of difficulty, but it will all be worth it. Finally I would tell myself to relax, that even though college is new and hard, it's nothing you cant handle, you're better than you think you are and much stronger as well. So go get it, forge ahead, and make something incredible out of yourself.

ashley

This past week I lost a very good friend to cancer. He graduated in my class and was one of the srongest kids I have ever met in my life and probably will remain that way forever. Reflecting on his life and what he left behind, he taught me to look past an individuals differences. It does not matter the skin color, what they wear, their religious beliefs, their financial status or where they sit in the lunch room , look at everyone equally. Do not take anyone or life for granted. I wish I found myself sooner. I wish instead of trying to figure out who I was all throughout high school and where I would be in a few years, to just except and love what was happening around me. Smile at the person next to me for no reason, say hi to the kid in the corner because you never know their story. Appreciate the life you have and edure the struggles each day may bring because you never know what will happen in a month, a week, a day, or in one single minute. I would tell my young niave self to "love the life you live".

Ambar

hi ME from the past, this is you...I... from the future... you know what I mean. currently im a freshman at Rhode island College. I know this is not you dream college but you will definitely fall in love with it. I want you to know that college and high school are not the same. Teachers in high school practically take your hand and guide you when you get lost, in college you in in the Lord, instructors/ professors will not. you should learn how to manage your time and focus on school work. Make good decisions and stay on the right track. Everything is posible if you try your hardest. never give up! Even when it looks like your failing and even if you fail, just take a deep breath, relax, and try again. always, always trust in the Lord. He will guide and protect you. Work hard and Good Luck! Love, Me.... You From the future.

Marcus

Keep doing what your doing now, your on the right path, keep going at it the way you are going at it. When you are finished with your drivers License, take some time and relax, college is stressful and you will only be able to register for ten hours of class, and you will be taking two remediel courses for English in the fall. When you get your drivers education book, buckle down and study it as much as you can, Secondlife can wait to be played later. When you are done, there is nothing to do but relax for two months.

Jeffry

They would be many decisions that I would make to myself if I was a high school senior again. One of my biggest recommendation is how important college in life is. I always knew that college is not only important in the educational level, but also in the personal aspect too! You wouldn't want to be someone with money but with no education, what good is that. I prefer living within the normal needs but have a solid background. Remember when a human dies that's they take. Also reinforce my math skills, and also I wish I would off involved myself more in school and outside activities beside soccer, and salsa dancing. In addition find different types of help with scholarships, and methods how to improve collge experience for the next four years. Furthermore visit the college that I will be attending to have an idea how is the atmosphere. Lastly find more information about the major I will be in collge for. All in all since I know that I can't return time I wish my message would be passed to many seniors in high school so they see the importance of education (college).

Tabitha

If I had the chance to go back and talk to myself I would start out by questioning my taste in boys and clothes. After that I would encourage myself to encourage others to go to college. Experiencing the struggle of supporting myself and watching other people around me struggling with the same thing made me realize how important it is to our futures that we get a degree. I would tell myself to fill out more scholarship applications and put a little bit more money away when I had the chance. I would have told myself to look for a mentor who has already been to college. I would definitely tell past Tabitha to study financial aid a lot. The biggest struggle during the transition from high school to college is figuring out the financial end of the deal. I would conclude our conversation by telling myself what a great job I'm doing and that I have a bright future ahead of me. "Don't get down on the bad days Tabitha, it’s worth it. Remember the good always outweighs the bad." Past Tabitha would respond caringly by reminding me to “loosen up”.

Janeeva

If I could go back in time and talk to myself during my senior year in high school I would tell myself not to worry too much about having fun because focusing on school is more important and though you may think you can go out and party and put off homework, due dates come faster than you think. I would also tell myself not to hang out with the wrong people because there are some serious consequences. The most important thing I would tell myself is not to get overwhelmed by all the work that I receive, at first it might seem scary but it is completely worth it.

Tammara

To be ready to focus on school work more then my own social life.

College is the first time that you will actually have freedom away from home.. With this freedom comes a lot of responsibility. It is very important to make connections when you go to college. Meet as many people as you can and always introduce yourself to professors and faculty. Join clubs, and sports, and other activities on campus. Stay involved because the more people you know the better off you are. It is also important to stay focused on your academics. This is why you are at college so take your academic life seriously. Make sure to keep a calender or schedule because there will always be a lot going on and in order to remember school work, meetings, practices and more you need to stay organized. Find friends that will always be there for you and who will stay up all night just to talk. It is imortant to make friends because you can get lonely without them. College is a time to work hard but also to have fun. It goes by way to fast so enjoy the time you have before you are working 9 to 5!

Wilson

Dear Past Self, You have a lot ahead of you; joys and difficulties alike. Successful accomplishing of your goals will take organization, careful planning, and diligence. Most importantly, though, you're going to need to learn the art of Perseverance. These next couple of years will bring experiences that test you; they'll stretch you till you think you might split in half! That's okay though---you can make it through. Don't give up! Tests and studying will, at times, make your brain feel like a stuffed pig! This too shall pass, and you'll be all the smarter for it. Don't give up. It's worth it in the end. Whether you're juggling car problems, rushing from class to make it to your part-time job or just trying to build relationships with friends during your time off from real "learning," you'll be learning still; the importance of tenacity. Life takes perseverance. Don't give up! Never surrender to difficult challenges; only be strong and courageous when you face them. Just like the "Little Engine That Could," if you just keep thinking you can…eventually, you WILL.

I would have told myself, who got A's and B's in highschool to try even harder than you did. I feel like if I got all A's and tried harder in highschool I would really be prepared for what college would have for me. I feel like since I only tried a little bit and did extremely well in highschool that it's even tougher for me in college. I wish I tried harder because it would have given me more motivation for the college experience. I would have also told myself, make sure you take opportunities to get scholarships because financial aid will be really hard. It's because of my financial difficulty now that I would want to go back and make things different and really get more scholarships. I realize how difficult college really is, in comparison to highschool.

Brandon, keep doing excactly what your doing. The years ahead are tough, but I wouldn't rob you of the adventure to come by telling you what not to do. Your going to make mistakes, you are going to face adversity, but the joy and freedom you will find later in life greatly outweighs any calamity you meet along the way. College is the experience of a lifetime. I know you dislike highschool. You will find in college how much you actually enjoy learning. You will become a student of knowlege and of life. You don't believe me, and thats ok, I wouldn't have either, but what I am telling you is the truth. I have to go now, but I'll leave you with this; whatever fork in the road you come across, whenever you find yourself faced with a decision, follow your feet wherever they may lead, do not become obsessed with where your choices will take you, but rather enjoy the journey until the destination is determined. Become a part of life, not the one chasing after it.

Prepare yourself for the different teaching styles because no professor is alike. They all have their own syllabus and requirements. Also, be prepared to stay busy by joining clubs at school and making new friends.

I would tell myself that high school is the most awkard and embarrassing time of life. College is not as scary, or weird, or fearful as high school. I would tell myself that college doesn't base your social status off of your popularity in high school. I would tell myself to work hard at school, and not care of my status in high school, cause it's not the real word. Doesn't matter if you're popular in high school, college is way different.

Amberly

I would tell my high school senior self to look further into my other options. I would push myself more to look into schools out of the state to a bigger school in the south. I would also be more aware of my finances and apply for more financial aid since my family can no longer afford to pay my tuition. I would hope that my high school senior self would be more focused since my first day in college and have followed my heart to begin with and simply began as an Art Education major, rather than switching majors a couple of times which has set me back a bit in my journey towards college graduation.

Dameron

If I could go back in time and talk to me as a high school senior I would say the following: Danielle I know that you have messed up and gotten pregnant, but dont drop out of school, you only have 3 months left. If you work hard and not worry about what others are saying around you, you can do this. Finish high school and go to college, Momma said that she would help you take care of the baby until you finish. Dont be so stubron and hard headed take advantage of the oppertunity go to law school like you have dreamed about for all these years because its hard out here. If you wait until you get older you will have to worry about bills and other responsibilities on top of keeping up your grades. Its not as easy as you think it is to just go back. The longer you wait the harder it gets. So be smart. I will be here to help you if you need it. Dont give up, Please dont give up.

If i could go back and give myself advice when I was a high school senior the most important point would be to take studying seriously. When I was in high school, learning things usually came to me easily and when I didn't understand something, it would frustrate me and leave it as is. I didn't put in much effort to study for tests because I knew the material. The only time I truly found myself studying was if I had one of those hard teachers that everyone encounters throughout their education. As soon as I started college and had all the new material being thrown at me at a faster pace, I thought of it as a wake up call. I went to college to be successful and now I have to put in the effort to actually go through with it. Another important thing I would tell myself would be to apply for as many scholarships as I could. Finding enough financial aid to pay for college and textbooks isn't easy to come across especially when my parents don't make enough money in the first place.

I would tell myself to continue with calculus in my senior year. Although I completed the high school curriculum in math, I never pushed myself to complete the college level calculus. Because I took a year off of math, I forgot a lot of it which set me back.

Llinda

i would tell myself to work harder and to study more. work har to get a GPA of 3.0 or higher.

Regina

BEING THAT I DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL AND DIDN'T GO BACK UNTIL I HAD MY DAUGHTER AT AGE 31, I WOULD SAY COLLEGE IS A GREAT EXPERIENCE AND EVERYONE SHOULD TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE EXPERIENCE AND OPPURTUNITIES AFTER HIGH SCHOOL. YOU REALLY CAN DO ANYTHING AND BE ANYTHING YOU WANT AS LONG AS YOU DO YOUR BEST AND APPLY YOURSELF. I WISH I WOULD HAVE DONE THIS BACK THEN!