Providence, RI

Rhode Island College

« See more reviews of Rhode Island College

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of support by academic and financial advisors. I went to Johnson & Wales and their academic/financial advisors are superb and highly concerned about their students that they are guiding. Rhode Island College lacks this essential and VERY important aspect that every student that is paying them have a right to. These services are a students right to have and to exceed their expectations like Johnson & Wales offered. I left Johnson & Wales after I realized that I do not want to be apart of corporate America or the pri vate sector.

They will often have students working in the buildings of the college as receptionists and other jobs related to this. Although it seems like a good idea, it is very frustrating when the student is not well informed regarding the information of the building in which they are working and simply take down your name and number for an actual employee, professor, chair, etc. of the building to call you back which they usually do approximately a week later or never do at all. Very difficult when figuring out things such as finacial issues.

The only thing I find to be somewhat frustrating at Rhode Island College is the need for space in the library. In general, the library is extremely resourceful and many students enjoy using the space to study. The major setback is the amount of space and computers during the final weeks of each semester. When finals are approaching the computers are always occupied, and table space for group study sessions can be scarce.

The one aspect that is very frustrating in picking classes. The school seems to take on too many students at one time so the classes fill up very quickly, and then I am left with taking more elective classes just to keep my full time status. It can be extremely frustrating and dentrimental to my time efficiently spent. It has already taken me longer to graduate than it should have.

There are two things that I find about my school frustrating. First, they send out bills for what finanical aid does not cover and only give you about a week from when you recieve the notice to when it is due. Secondly, if not enough students add a class or they cannot find a professor in time they cancel the class and do not alert the students already enrolled in it.

There's not really any required functions that help freshman get to know each other and the school. They'd probably be called lame, but I bet most kids would secretly appreciate it. Also, there hardly any fun clubs or things to do.

Lack of enthusiasm from my fellow students. I've never played/jammed with students less enthusiastic then this. That and the lack of preffered music programs (jazz performance, studio engineering, film scoring, etc.)

The most frustrating thing about my school is the geography department. It is based out of the political science department limiting the number and variety of courses available. This limits my education.

I wish that professors had held students to higher academic standards. I learned the most from professors who pushed students to work hard.

The most frustrating thing is the amount of time it takes to find a parking spot because there are not enough parking spots.