Rice University Top Questions

Rice is pretty unknown, but is trying to make a bigger name for itself, sometimes at the cost of current student happiness (creating new buildings that take up space and that aren't really usable by current students.)

Rice is quirky and nerdy, filled with intelligent students, headed by unmatched faculty, and never, ever dull.

Dahyeon

Rice taught me to be more accepting of diversity and of trying new things; it is definitely a place to explore and weigh your options and figure out who you are and what works for you.

Rice is truly a school where students live by the phrase "work hard, play hard."

A great place to culture yourself and learn about yourself before you go into the world.

I live in the fourth biggest city in the country, yet I can go weeks without leaving campus. If asked where I'm from, I respond with my college. If I go to the library at midnight, there's a good chance I might not be able to find a free computer. I worship the baseball team. I was a pre-med until orgo made me its two semester bitch, now i'm an academ. Beer bike is the biggest event of the year, yet 90{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of people pass out before the races even begin. I am an Owl.

Hadley

Rice is intelligent, quirky, and fun. We have lots of school (and college) pride and love to show that off!

Rice is an academically-rigorous university, structured much like Hogwarts from Harry Potter since it has dorms called colleges. These colleges become your home for the 4 years (or more you are at Rice). There are still ample opportunities to meet students outside of your college. The orientation program is fantastic and people are really friendly.

Rice is a small university (in some ways resembling a liberal arts college but with good engineering and natural sciences) that is strong academically and has a quirky/interesting student body.

The best 4 years I have experienced in my life.

Rice University is a medium sized university in Houston, TX full of highly intelligent and diverse students who study all fields of learning and who work to succeed in the betterment of the human ability.

My school is academically-minded, but the students here still know how to make learning interesting and how to party on the weekends.

My school is a quirky, unique place that attracts ridiculously intelligent applicants and challenges students to excel in everything they try to do.

Rene

Rice has amazing faculty members and lots of resources for students who are dedicated and want help. There are many opportunities for one-on-one interaction with faculty and independent research projects. The school is basically supportive of anything a motivated student might want to do, from study abroad an entire year to conduct research to present this research at conferences around the country.

Samuel

Rice is a great university that will challenge you academically as well as provide you with a great quality of life.

An awesome mix of nerds that like to party and celebrate.

Chukwuemeka

Rice University is a school of fraternity without fraternities, a school of learning in and out of the classroom, a school of living outside the living room, a school of doing more than what needs to be done -- a school perfect for the minds of Generation Y, like me.

Rice is paradise for the bright; anyone who has ever had a passion or thirst for any subject, academic or not, will find the ideal resources and community to live the best years of their life.