Richland College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Richland College

Jazminee

Richland College offers a great environment for first-time college students. It opens your eyes to how it is to be a college student on campus. I think this college offered me a lot of valuable information that will help me transfer to a 4-year university. It showed me the way classes work. The clubs at Richland College were amazing and I met friendly people. It was a diverse college that represented many cultures during special events. I enjoyed attending!

Martha

Richland College has been such a good experience for me so far even if it is just a 2 year institution. It is very safe environment where ever you choose to study or just hang out with friends. Everyone is there to just study that is the main focus and the Professors are so good and easy to reach almost all of the time. They will answer an email in a day or two and they also always have office hours or will set up a meeting with you.

Grayson

For a Community College, Richland has nearly everything that you may or will need in the future. That is not all, apparently even if your major is not compatible with Richland College you can still go to any of the other community colleges in the Dallas County Community College District.

Michaela

Richland College is a great community college. They offer a plethora of degree plans that fit everyone's needs. Richland college has many opportunities as well. For example, I am enrolled in the Richland Collegiate High School. This means that I am graduating form high school and earning my associate's degree at the same time. Richland offers sports like soccer and basketball, and they are actually really good teams. The learning environment is very supportive. If your professor cannot meet with you, there are a variety of free learning centers around the campus. The library is also a great resource to use. The campus life is cool too. During dead week, there are games to play and music. There is always some type of fair going on, and there is free food and free stuff. Overall, Richland College is a well rounded school to get your higher education.

salina

I like this school. Yes, it is close to home and convenient but I also do find the faculty and staff extremely helpful and knowledgeable about whatever your needs are. The diversity and culture at the school is a big plus. Everyone interacts with one another. You do see a group of "certain culture" "race" but very rarely.

Isra

Richland College provided me the oppurtunity to finish most of my courses online which in turn gave me the freedom to travel and work on my own schedule! In addition, almost all of my professors were kind enough to listen and care about me which resulted in a great learning environment. Academics are taken seriously but in a great way, I've been able to achieve a great GPA, learn a lot of new skills and knowledge, and adjust to the college life without the pressure and stress that university life usually brings. Thanks to the support Richland has given me when it came to academics, I've been blessed with oppurtunites like visiting and spending time at NASA! The students here all very nice, as long as you're friendly, you will make friends! There are always things to do on campus and it's small and homey. The only frusteration I experienced was when it came to transferring into Richland college- it's taking forever to get credit for just three credits, my degree plan, and a bus pass I can use! The administration is friendly and try to help as best as they can, but you need patience because somethings just takes months for no real reason. But besides that, I'm so happy I chose to come here first. I wouldn't have had at any other way! If you want a smooth transition out of high school and into post-secondary institution, an affordable education, and oppurtunities, RLC is for you!

Ryan

For any student or person at large who have a desire to get a higher education, Richland College (and any other school in the DCCCD) will be on of the best post-secondary education schools that anyone can enjoy. The administrators and professors here do an excellent job of preparing students for the complex and long lifestyle of being a student at a major four year university.

Jacqueline

I had a really great experience at Richland. They have some of the best staff there. They really care about helping their students and creating conversations with them. It is not uncommon for students to find a mentor in their professors. If you want to get lost in the crowd at this school, you can, but that would be a missed opportunity.

Fatima

I just finished all the credits I need for an associates degree and I am transferring to a university soon. All the professors I've had were all great. I really love the campus and I think it has a great location. Class sizes are usually small which is really helpful because professors are available for more personalized help. Overall, I really love this campus.

naomi

richland college is a great local community college that provides me with the opportunity to get my associates and high school diploma all at once.

Isabelle

Richland college is a phenomenal place for a student to get prerequisites for a 4 year university OR be there for trade school. The academics are very good and the price tag is better, but do not expect any social life that you don't have to work very hard for. There are age ranges from before high school graduation to elderly coming back for various classes and all in between. Some are veterans going back to college and others are single moms trying to earn a degree and some are there after just graduating. Richland is a hodgepodge but is a very good place for classes.

Tesfalidet

Big campus, helpful, good teaching, advisory department is very helpful in my classes an study's.

Alexus

Richland is an extremely diverse environment and you won't have a hard time finding a group of friends or have trouble fitting in. If you are looking for a clean, quiet (for the most part) place to do your homework, I would recommend Sabine Hall. Plus there's a Starbucks, and bookstore there. Shops and restaurants are pretty limited since they only have a Subway, a pizza/pasta place, and Starbucks (and you can buy snacks at the bookstore too if needed), but there are plenty of restaurants around the area to go to during breaks between classes.

Yamlak

I love the diversity that I am surrounded by. I don't feel secluded in any way. They always have an event for the students whether it be related to religion or culture. The campus resources are amazing and so is the Collegiate program they have for juniors and seniors in high school. The school is always on the students side!

Aden

I am currently an RCHS student and I enjoyed being on this campus which I enjoyed better than traditional high school. I would say it is one of the better community colleges in the DCCCD areas. Richland Community College can be a bit more strict on class policies here than Collin Community College but it also varies by Professor. I would go here if you want a cheap alternative to getting your prerequisites. Overall, it was stressful but I would not have changed it any other way. I would not recommend taking over 5 classes at a time, especially if you are a working student, but again, this may depend on your class levels and professors. I recommend checking rate my professor before choosing your classes. It will help make a better and more informed choice. There is no on-campus living. It is strictly a place to take classes, so you will have to live off campus. You also have to consider that the food options here are limited to cheap food, Starbucks, and Subway. There are very few fast food joints around the school itself. There are bonuses like an on-campus gym. It is small, but it is open to all campus students. There is also a very prestigious program for upperclassmen high school students who want to obtain an associate degree before they graduate. Over 90% of these students graduate, so it is a nice school that better prepares high school students for college. I like this campus overall because its architecture is nice and its focused on environmental wellness which is mentally nice to see after a stressful day. There is also a sense of independence and not a lot of graduation requirements compared to most other state universities in Texas.

Pablo

Richland College has been a great college for me. The staff is very friendly and always happy to help. My professors have all been great and sympathetic towards us usually extending due dates and helping us catchup with the class in case of a personal emergency. The campus is built surrounding a small body of water which makes it a perfect spot to relax and enjoy the view of ducks, turtles, geese, and squirrels. The wildlife although beautiful has been known to attack when provoked, with some students having great stories of fleeing from a territorial goose.

Adam

My overall opinion on this school has been a positive one. The main problem I feel with this school is the teachers. Although there are a lot of good teachers, I feel the ones that are bad do not know how to teach. Other than that, this school has great diversity and also a lot of culture.

Christopher

Rich land College is a great school! the community college has great staff and great advisers next to the students itself. if you are ever having problem with anything some one is always there to help you out no matter what. Teachers there always helping students out with their courses itself. i recommend for you to apply for this school and experience the great staff they have there.

Lily

I believe that Richland College is a school open to help everyone and offer a unique learning experience. I enjoyed meeting the different types of people and getting the chance to make friends with all types of cultural backgrounds. Although I did struggle in a class, Richland offers free tutoring and workshops that really improved my grade and my way of studying. I was able to thrive in this learning environment and really understand more about myself and others.

Joel

This is literally my second time trying to write this but hopefully this time it actually works! Alright, if I remember correctly what I wrote the first time. I stated that Richland College has a rich college atmosphere that reaches out to everyone. Everyone who is willing to work hard and pursue their passion, this is the place to apply! Without having to worry about two years of basics getting out of the way! GG Richland College GG WP!

I came to Richland College not knowing a single person, but the professors and my fellow classmates were so welcoming and generous! I did not feel alone and I knew that I would enjoy my time here. I also love how diverse this school is, there are international students and adults who registered back to school. As well as the student life, I am in many clubs that help me with my career path and social skills! Richland College is the school to be!

Gabriela

Richland College provides a variety of opportunities and we are known for our National boy and girls soccer team. We are also known for being a diverse campus with a variety of clubs and organizations like Hispanic Club, Intellectual Women, and Asian Club.

Jacqueline

It's a good school but I know there's a lot that can be done to make the school better and the passion for it isn't exactly presenting itself, ever.

Timmy

It is a great learning environment and the sense of community is present. The students and professor are all encouraging and inviting. The facilities and academics are top priority from both professors and staff. There are some many resources to help students. Richland College is a great high learning institution.

Richland college is a wonderful starter school. There is a very good vibe on campus. Sometimes you find rude people but thats usually very rare. The professors are all very passionate about their study subject. I earned my associates here and it was worth it.

Adrienna

The campus is generally small. The only food they have is Subway and some snacks in the Bookstore. The library and gym are both generally small. The gym is $20 per month. Overall, the school is good. It is small and all of the buildings are connected.

ayah

I am part of the specific Richland Collegiate High School program at Richland College. I believe that this program is an exceptional program due to the benefits that come out of graduating the school. Because it does allow you to complete high school with the addition of your associate's degree and at no cost, one saves two years worth of money and time. I highly recommend to high school students wishing to excel.

Madeline

When I first started attending Richland College I was nervous because I never pictured myself going to a community college but Richland is awesome! If you're like me and are not really sure what you want to major in, Richland is a great place to discover that. The class sizes are small and I've never had a teacher who isn't willing to help you learn. They have flexible office hours. There's a science corner where teachers hangout and can help with any subject. There is no on-campus housing but you can find some cool apartments in the area. It's close to 635 so you can easily get on the highway and find something. Overall, Richland College is a great stepping stone for making the transition from high school to college.

Mayra

Richland College is by far most the good environment to be in. Where alumni's and professors are kind enough to help you where one asks questions or needs to find answers on campus life. Coming in to the class you love the best is an awesome feeling one receives when learning from the best rating professors. Did I mention? That it has a nice view of an overboard bridge with water running down the stream and the sound of ducks is relaxing. My point is, I will never regret attending to this amazing community college. I feel proud of myself.

James

I believe it is the best place to begin your journey through college. Everybody there is headed for something great which helps you along the way, Professors and students alike. The transition from High School to college felt so smooth going to Richland. I definitely feel much more prepared for the University life now thanks to Richland.

Cody

It is a pretty good place for a community college but nobody really likes it.

Kimberly

Richland College has a huge amount of diversity among the culture that is being shared at the school and as well as the students that attend at this school. It holds its values by trying to make their students get involved in activities that are hosted by the school itself.

Amanuel

Richland College is a good introduction to your college carer. The environment is very friendly and allows for you to become involved and participate in many activities. The office of student life tries to make sure there are events in which any student can be involved in.

This is a great starter college. It is only a two year college though, so there is no on campus housing or greek life. Also, while there is only a Subway on campus, there are a number of other restraunts within 5 a minute drive. Richland also has free tutoring services avaliable in every subject which is really nice.

Takova

The Richland College campus is difficult to navigate at times because most of the buildings are interconnected. However, you will meet several friendly and unique people all over. A popular place to run into someone is at the recharge station in El Paso Hall where there are several recharge stations.

dianna

i think richland is an okay school to attend if you are not wanting to pay large amount at a university for the same classes at a community college. i also would recommend students to attend this school because they also have nice people all around you.

Elysia

I am in love with the coffee shop and bookstore! They're great for casual study groups. Just about all the staff I've met have always been friendly, knowledgeable, and interested in the students. The students there seem really serious about their academic careers, and there's no on-campus housing, so the party scene is small. I love the fact that the class sizes are comparable to high school size, and it makes for a more intimate setting. It's great, because you feel like you really get to know your instructor's teaching style, and they get to know you better because you're able to ask questions in class when you need to. I've been in the real world for a while...I'm not fresh out of high school. I am married and have three kids who are all under the age of seven, so my responsibilities to my family are innumerable. The instructors and administrative staff really seem to understand that, but they don't give you any slack. They don't let up. They still expect me to do my best work, and when I don't, they're there to call me on it. I love that, because it encourages me to be the best student I can be, and a school that's more about the students and less about themselves is a school that I want to be a part of.

Richland College is a staple of Dallas in the Dallas County Community College District (DCCCD). It is known for being exceptionally well-versed in providing cheaper classes that are undoubtedly on par with common courses at big Universities. The courses are challenging and there is a great variety and dedicated counselors on hand whenever they are needed in order to guide students in the right direction regarding profession and available course options. The professors are all in and live to see their students succeed. Since it is a community college there is no on-site housing available, but most students who attend live in the Dallas area anyway and take advantage of the D.A.R.T. pass student discount offered by the district. There are plenty of food places and apartments nearby, as well. I am constantly receiving emails from the DCCCD about extracurricular activities and even numerous tutoring opportunities on campus. Also, while on campus, I often encounter tables set up for voting and for clubs and social events ongoing and upcoming. There is such a span for community involvement, and it's nice to know that whenever I want to get involved, I can.

Alexis

Its pretty great here actually. I mean its a community college so the campus ends up dead by 5pm but the professors are good and that my priority. The events that are held for holidays are surprisingly fun and entertaining. Just keep your head in the game and you'll be fine.

Luis

Richland College has an amazing campus and and many must see views. It has a waterway that goes through the college and it is beautiful. There’s many friendly animals that surround the campus. The study hall there is quiet and calm so it’s easy to focus. The fitness center there is friendly and clean. Overall Richland College is a good college.

Lynn

I enjoy Richland beause it is close to home and I do not want to love on campus. My siblings all went here so they were able to tell me what teachers to take. Most teachers are very fair and nice but there are always the few exceptions that want students to fail. However, I would rate Richland College a 5/5.

Marissa

I love this school, the campus is nicely maintained and very clean. It is smoking free which is a plus. Staff is friendly and always helps point you in the right direction. they have some cool spaces where you can relax and wait for your next class to begin. The study halls are also really nice and kept quiet

Dyanira

Having gone to a different college before attending Richland College and comparing both schools, I can honestly say that Richland College is unique. During the last two years that I have attended, I have noticed a great inviting atmosphere, the staff is always helpful, they are also friendly and respectful. Earning my degree at Richland College has been a pleasure. Thank you for your consideration.

Allison

I have taken dual credit classes. It is okay, the staff are very helpful and friendly and the campus is very clean and accessible. It's best to read the reviews on the instructors before signing up for any classes. My last semester I had a great teacher, this semester is the worst teacher ever. I didn't know about reviews until a few months ago. This teacher is a 1. I also plan to review after the semester has been completed.

Xuan

N/A

Tess

Richland College is a great place to be! All of the staff is committed to help you find what you need, whether that be class help, course selection, or transfer opportunities! The community is very diverse and inclusive. Richland is a great option for those who want to pursue a college career and still save money!

Eva

I have very much enjoyed Richland college so far. Academically, I am doing very well and have been able to keep contact with my professors for any help if needed. As an art student here, I have excelled gradually every week and my performance shows deeply within my work. Student life at Richland is okay but could be better if this college had on-campus housing. For the most part, my experience here is fabulous and I couldn’t be more happy about it.

Abimbola

A decent college to get your associate degree. They have a lot of Associate degree programs in conjunction with big Universities in the Dallas-Fort-Worth area so all your credits will transfer easily. The classes are cheap as well and the teachers are really good but of course there are some that sucks. Most students are high-schoolers so if you are an adult learner, you may have a hard time making friends because of the age difference but everybody is friendly generally. Greek life is almost non existent so there isn't much going on after class. I am enjoying my time here however.

Heather

Richland College Music advisors place students into dozens of credit hours that are not on degree plans. Students may exhaust their financial aid and when transferring be charged out of state tuition. Texas law lets state universities charge students out of state tuition if they are more than 30 hours over the hours on their degree plan. Richland students should take only the 60 credit hours for an Associate's degree as only 60-69 hours will transfer. But, Derrick Logozzo (Music Department Chair) and Melissa Logan are filling chairs. Many of their advising victims have 100-161 credit hours and no degree as they are putting students into dozens of music hours that will not transfer and not putting them in the core classes that every degree requires. Your tax dollars at waste and students academic careers ended by advisors filling their own classes.

julia

Richland is a good school for someone who is independent, and not into huge school activities. The faculties are nice, but there are some professors that are only available in class. Since Richland is a community college, they welcome everyone, meaning anyone is allowed on their campus. Make sure your around your group of friends when walking to class, because there has been many weird people who appear on campus and don't leave you alone. There are some cops on campus, but they only stay in a few buildings. Richland overall is not a bad school, its good for someone wanting to take a few classes, but if your trying to get a your bachelors or masters, I'd suggest you transfer to a better school.