Willmar, MN
Ridgewater College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ridgewater College

Mariah

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Cesar

it's a pretty nice and cheap college for anyone with a budget. I love it here since it's a small college and it's also pretty quiet, definitely not what i expected

Joshua

I think it is a great college to get started in your college career. However, I think you should aim higher. It is great for generals, and for two year students, but if you want a bachelors degree, you should continue to look elsewhere. I think the teachers, in general have a great understanding of what students need to further their education, and are there to help. Overall, I think it is a very agreeable school

Annamarie

They have a really good nursing program which is why I considered going there. They have a variety of different classes and clubs.

They have classes in morning and at night so you can take whatever class works with your schedule. They are very helpful with trying to help you decide what major you want to take and finding what your interested in. It's close to home so many people just continue living at home while going.

I would tell myself to take classes seriously but dont stress too much. When you stress too much you overlook situations and make things worse than they really are. I would also tell myself to have fun and meet new people college isnt just about the classes its also about making new friends and broadening your horizon.

Nicholas

Nic, You have so much potential. DO NOT spoil it by slacking your first year at college. It is so hard to raise it afterwards, but if you work hard, you will do just fine. Don't worry about what will happen when you get to college. It really isn't that different from highschool, but you will find yourself having to manage your time. Get a planner and use it! Organization is something you will have to learn and don't slack on credits, or you will be scrambling for more later. Good luck, You.

Kyle

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to have a different outlook on schooling. I would show myself how valuable school is really going to become and I would definitely tell myself to be more pro-active by taking PSEO classes etc. I would warn my former self that college is difficult, but all the hard work is going to pay off. Also, taking more initiative would have made my current higher education much easier to achieve.

Eva

I would tell myself to enroll as a PSEO since junior year. I was a PSEO during my senior year and it helped me take classes because I felt the responsibility to do well in my college classes. I wish I could have finished my AA degree as a high school student and graduate at the same time from school and college.

The best thing about my school is the teachers. They are helpful, friendly and very patient with the students. When I needed help to finish a paper or project, they were always willing to help, even if that meant staying extra hours after class.

I wish I had known more about the transfer classes I needed to take in order to transfer to a 4 year university.

Nathan

I started college not knowing anything about the real world. I thought it would be an education and nothing more. I walked into a world that you meet people from all different walks of life and backgrounds. It opened my eyes to the real world, but at the same time I fell into the party crowd that enjoyed parties over school and enjoyed a girlfriend over a study group. Now I'm considered a nontraditional student at age 27. I was deployed with the army for 2 years to finally calm me down and focus on what I wanted in life. If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior, I would tell myself not to change a thing. I would say that you'll regret many things you do in your life and could be more successful if you buckle down. The problem is you won't have the life experiences and the wife that you would have now. I live some of those same regrets, but I love my life and I'm excited what my tomorrow will bring.

There wasn't much I wanted or needed to know when I first came to Ridgewater. I've been through enough in life that it wouldn't have affected my education or my decision. The only thing I can really think of would be a better knowledge of where everything is on the campus. It took me over a year just to find where I had to get a student ID card. I guess I wasn't really going out of my way to find out though.

I find it frustrating that people consider a smaller school inferior just because they are not a major university. I've been to so call real universities and I've learned so much more in the first year of my program then I have in three years at an university. I just get frustrated when people bring down Ridgewater just because it's considered a community college.

Pam

Personal, friendly, good atmosphere to learn in.

Personal, friendly, good atmosphere to learn in.

I am a non-traditional student with four children. It is very difficult to set a side time to study while managing a household. If I could go back in time; I would have at least went to college just to take generals. Many teens do not know what they want to be or focus a career on. If you at least attend a college to pursue a higher education through general course study, then you will be exposing yourself to what college is like. Once you are attending college you are able to get an inside look at many areas for career goals. You will meet people with different goals and it will open your mind to new ideas and give you inspiration to choose a pathway for a career. A college education is priceless in todays society.

I do not have a comment for this question. Ridgewater is an exellent college.

Ridgewater College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.