Sarasota, FL
Ringling College of Art and Design

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ringling College of Art and Design

gabby

I attended Ringling College of Art and Design's Precollege program in the summer of 2016 and I am now about to be a freshman. From my experience at Precollege I completely feel in love with the entire environment of the school and campus. I met friends of a lifetime and I was finally always surrounded by people just like me. I feel like everyone who is at RCAD was that art kid in high school that felt out of place. Ringling makes sure that you all feel welcomed, safe, and that you feel like family. Everyone from students to staff to the locals are nothing but friendly. The campus is stunning, It is forsake a place I love to now call home. Thank you Ringling for making me feel like I belong.

Kelly

As I complete my first year of college at Ringling College of Art and Design, I am

Chloe Siennah

I'm going to be attending Ringling College of Art and Design in the Fall. I've been to visit several times, done a lot of research, and spoken with students and faculty from Ringling. Based off of those experiences, I can say with confidence that Ringling is a great school with a ton of resources to offer anyone interested in seriously pursuing the arts. The teachers seem extremely kind and passionate about their work and readily available to be of help to students. You can tell they truly want you to succeed. The students seem happy, friendly, super talented, driven, and genuinely excited about the goals they're pursuing. The campus is clean and beautiful -- not overwhelmingly gigantic but certainly spacious, with more being built as we speak. The neighboring museum is absolutely amazing. Being on campus also feels very safe, which is a huge plus for me personally. Oh, and a weird added bonus: Quidditch? Harry Potter lovers? Overall, a really excellent choice for artists everywhere.

Noah

Ringling is a very demanding college, homework starts before the actual classes start. That being said, if art is what you want to do, you're in the right place. All of the professors have worked or still are working in the field. In your freshman year you will have teachers who have worked on large projects for large companies such as Google, Apple, etc. What sets Ringling apart from other colleges is that the amount of on campus recruiters is very large, with different recruiter sessions each week from companies like Apple, Pixar, and Dreamworks.

Ian

Ringing College is outstanding when it comes to Motion Design/Graphic Design majors. Each of my professors are currently in their field of specialty so not only am I learning from the best, but I have relationships already developing in the industry. The campus is beautiful and the surrounding area is a coastal community with the best beaches.

Gissell
Good facilities, helpful faculty, and nice campus

Good facilities, helpful faculty, and nice campus

There a few stores nearby but some are pretty far. The dorms are a bit too small for three people. There are desks for each person and next to each desk is a ladder to climb up to your bed. The bed is close to the ceiling so it's not good for people who are claustrophobic and/or have anxiety issues. Faculty are very nice and try to help you to the best of their ability. The campus is really clean and everything is in well distance from one another. The classes weren't too big and the teachers are helpful and well informed. The food is pretty good and there is a variety. Overall, everything has been well so far.

Katrina

Ringling College of Art and Design is a great school to attend that takes art to a whole new level. They prepare you for the real world where you get to work with real clients as college assignments. You get the chance to meet deadlines and feel the pressure when a client wants something changed last minute or they also want another project for their client package. Ringling College lets students get to know the faculty one on one. The technology at this school is unreal, having more computers than there are students just because sometimes technology can go wrong but that is what our awesome Institutional Technology is there for. They fix every glitch or problem our computers or hard drives have. Lets also not forget that each student is given a brand new Apple Macbook their freshman year with pre uploaded amazing programs that our work requires we use.

At Ringling College of Art and Design you really get to know so many other students at school in all majors in different grades. Ringling is a very open community about everything, we accept students from out of the country to give them the opportunity to experience a one in a lifetime chance to go to Ringling College of Art and Design. We all have a passion for art. That is what really connects us all together and not feel out of place. No one is perfect here, we are all weird in our own ways but that's what makes us who we are; more fun and open. We have a different range of students though from students who grew up being athletes and creating art, to students that read comic books and played video games all the time. We have clubs and organizations that offer students the ability to still play sports or play video games. We may not have a real sports team but we still try to get out and go play other colleges or universities around the Sarasota and Tampa bay area in Florida. Students wear almost anything to class. Students dress extremely nice, or they wear sweats or even their pajamas to school because art is relaxing and you aren't in this high stressed out business school where there is no color or tons of fun. Art school is completely different and you get to show who you are. Some people at Ringling College of Art and Design may have tons of money and can afford to pay for school without loans and you have some students that do need loans and scholarships in order to make sure they can stay at school and graduate. But money between students to make friendships is not usually a conflict. Everyone here is welcomed and there is always something here at Ringling College to make sure you feel welcomed and that you fit in.

Maridith

my classmates are motivating and genuine.

my classmates are motivating and genuine.

I took my tour at ringling with high expectations and hopes of it being the incredicle school people say it is. It turns out this school was even better than expected and exceeded all expectations. I was blown away by the profesinalism of the staff and current students. The overall atmosphere of the campus is refreshing and motivating. I was very impressed by the programs and internship the school has to offer. If feel very sure that ringling will prepare me well for my future.

Ringling College of Art and Design administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.