Sarasota, FL
Ringling College of Art and Design

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ringling College of Art and Design

Cassandra

I would say be prepared to work hard. Dont slack. This is a very important time in your life and you are going to want to learn as much as you can. You are going to need the stuff you learn here for your future. Alos,listen to your parents. They know what they are talking about.

I would probably say that the worst thing is how time consuming some of the work load can be. You really have to put in a lot of effort if you expect to do well in this school. Make sure you go above and beyond.

If you are lazy or not interested in creating art or design, I would not attend this college. You need to be prepared to work hard, and also of course if youre not interested in art or design, you are at the wrong school.

Wareenee

The student is very friend and outgoing as well as the instructor. The class size is not large or overwhelming.

I would tell myself to not be afraid of college. Stick to the major or the subject of what you really love to do because you will achieve higher and it won't be a waste. Always try the hardest and the best of your abilities and do not slack off.

Chelsea

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to never give up. I would never mention the fact that I got excepted into my dream college or the fact that I'm doing what I love. I would simple tell myself to continue doing art and what I love and not to listen to anyone cause in the end what I love will pay off.

Someone that should attend this school should be. Motivated in what he or she loves , positive, and love art and what they create out of it.

The most frustrating thing about this school is the tuition price each year.

This school has amazing technology and great student-teacher ratios. Every student gets their own MacBook Pro and there are labs open to go to whenever you need them.

The worst thing about Ringling is the area that it is in. It isn't recommended to walk around at night alone. Campus security will gladly give you rides though and the area is slowly getting better.

Ellen

Dear Ellen, You have done so much since arriving at Ringling. You have made good grades, gotten the RA job, and worked so hard to get closer to your dream. I am proud of what you have accomplished. Knowing what I now know, there are things that can help you further in your dream career. Apply to Scholarships all of the time. To stay at your school, which is your dream school and the place that you have had the best years of your life, you need to. It is financially demanding to your family, and to save yourself from taking a year off, you have to. Work hard, do your best, do even more for success. Find a happy balance in your life and take good care of yourelf. Always support your friends, and value them above all else. They will keep you grounded and help you stay focused. They will always be there for you, make sure to always be there for them. Stay strong. Always rememeber when things are difficult, to be strong. Never ever give up.

It is highly overpriced. It isnt helping students and expects so much out of them financially that they are losing great talent amoung those less financial able.

That it has some of the most talented passionate students in their feilds.

Kirsten

Ringling College of Art and Design is best known for their programs. The majors in which students can take are Computer Animation, Game Art and Design, Illustration, Photography, Fine Arts, Interior Design, Business of Art and Design, Film, Motion Design, Graphic Design, and Advertise Design.

The advice I would give to my high school self about college is overall get better at time management skills. This was the center of most of the difficulties I experienced in my first semester. I got my work done no matter what but at times it wouldn't be at the level I know I am capable of. Not only improve in time management but also don't push yourself overboard. Always remember to get seven to eight hours of sleep and eat properly. Even if it seems like you would be able to get the assignment done if you stay up but the truth is it would take you longer than if you were to get sleep, so please take care of yourself. Also even if you love helping people, make sure you take care of your assignments first then you can help out others. Another thing is if things don't work out as well in first semester, the second semester would seem less stressful and you will get the hang of things so don't freak out and enjoy. These would be the pieces of advice I would give to my high school senior self.

The best thing about Ringling College is having recruiters from the industry coming to campus . During a year at Ringling about fifty recruiters visiting Ringling College. Recruiters like Disney, Cartoon Network, Blizzard Games, Laika, and Wieden + Kennedy give presentations and show work along with having time for questions at the end. This is the number one thing why I like the school and why I chose it.

sydney

The quality of education, the amount of resources openly available...the faculty and staff and counselors have been wonderfully accomodating and helpful.

Someone who isn't completely passionate and driven toward pursuing their dream career in visual arts.

Raul

What I would tell my past self, from what I learn from 2 years in college. If I could talk to my past self in the 1st day of senior year in high school is to stay in the calculus class. It may be hard with no experince in trig, but at least you'll a better teacher than in trig, he insufferable. Besides that, about college life, I tell myself to quit thinking of being a video game delevoper and go with engineering. Why, my past self may ask, there are barely an transeferable class, if there still offering it. Plus what really the difference, you be taking the same amount of math and science courses anyways. So when selecting your classes pick the intro to engineering class, and hopefully if you can calculus class, because you'll need it for physics. Or wait for a semester and take both alegbra and trig classes. I would say, to get these calsses first with these teachers and makes sure to stay away from these teachers because they can barely teach at all, beleive me I had 2 of them. And its going to be hard, really hard but thats college.

Kiamesha

If I could go back in time and talk to 1990 Mesha with the knowledge that 2013 Mesha has, that would be amazing!!! I would tell the 90's Mesha that she should remain a good student and keep her eyes on the prize. That prize would be graduating from high school first, then entering college. I would tell her not to get overwhelmed with the thought of college life. She should know that college life is going to bring about so many exciting new experiences. Since she is such an outstanding person, she is bound to make new friends, that will stay with her throughout her adult life. I would let her know that her love for numbers will allow her to be able to apply for that career in accounting. She should know that graduating from college is going to give her such a huge sense of accomplishment. She could then enter the workforce with her degree in hand and know that there is so many opportunties awaiting her. By the time 2013 rolls around, her deskplate will say, Kiamesha Delaney, Chief Financial Officer.

Jacob

A career focused enviorment that treats its students fairly and justly in order for them to succed in the art world.

To do as much artwork and study and prepare myself to get ready for the challenges and fun that this college brings.

How to handle digital mediums for class or how to draw the human body better.

Ringling College of Art and Design administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.