Sarasota, FL
Ringling College of Art and Design

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ringling College of Art and Design

kimberly

Ringling really works to help with your craft and skills, and I belive the level of the instructors and the education is very high. Also for an art school it is very community oriented, which is different in a positive way.

Even now I'm not sure what i would tell myself. I think I would warn myself about the fiscal toll that it will take, but also of its value. The worth of attending a great university. I don't think i would have warded my self off from the situation i would just want more of an explanation. Now having a better understanding of loans and federal aid I would be able to explain to my younger self things that my counselor, at the time couldn't fully. I think an important part in my advice to myself would be to understand that when paying for college and an education you are not just buying classes but experiences. the whole process of being in college is also a mental and personal growth. Telling my self that maybe not going to class one day wont kill me, especially if that's the day spent in enjoyment. And overally if you're going to invest in something invest in yourself, and education is the best way of doing that.

Whats most frustrating about the school is the cost of attendance. It is a private school and also fairly expensive. The only consolation is considering it as an investment in your own life.

Shannon

The type of person who should not attend Ringling College of Art and design would be a person who doesn't want to work their absolute hardest to improve their art, or see no flaws in their own work they wish to improve.

How what Ringling wants most is to help Its students and the numerous resources they have available.

Wendy

Hello high school senior, I hope you are enjoying this great year. Trust me, it is great, you don’t have much to worry about except getting the top scores on the SAT and applying for college and of course the anxiety that comes with waiting for the acceptance letter. First, you need an overall vision and mission when attending college. You should ask yourself, why am I going to college? What are the goals you hope to achieve in order to reach a bigger dream? These are questions that will set you on the right path. Also, know what your financial limits are and do not apply to a college that is beyond your financial reach. Of course, you can always apply for scholarships and other forms of financial aid in order to be able to attend, but always beware that attending an expensive college with no funds will create financial stress. The last piece of advice goes with who we are and how we present ourselves. Always carry a smile on your face and bring forth a positive attitude. You will attract many people and thus making friends to help you in your college journey. Enjoy college!

If somewhere were visiting Ringling College of Art and Design, the first thing they would experience would be total silence, but once they advance more steps and exploration begins, they will discover that everyone is inside the labs or library busy at work. The commitment to work that students have here is beyond anyone's wildest dreams. This campus is known for all nighters filled with jittery students walking back to their dorms ghostly like. I feel that the culture embrases the college well and allows people to know who Ringling is.

Picture someone shining with dedication and commitment with a passion to succeed and be part of projects with top companies in the world that is the person who should atten Ringling College. Physical appearance does not matter here. You would think that because it was an art school, we would all have our hair dyed, but no, the college ranges from jocks to the game geeks to the short wearing film majors and the shy photographer.

Ringling College of Art and Design is an opportunity where students with a passion in the arts, from illustration to film, can recieve a proper education and be guaranteed a career in the one thing they love most.

Ringling, unlike the other schools I had considered, offers many opportunities to meet with future recruiters as well as provide critique and advise that will help its students take the right path to success in their future career.

If I were to go back in time to talk to my self a year ago I would say this. Do not be afraid to express yourself to others. Showing insecurity and unconfidence in yourself will get you nowhere. Be proud of who you are and what you choice to do in the future. Don't let harsh words from others get to you or in the way of your passion. The road is bumpy ahead, but if you pull yourself together and believe in yourself, you can accomplish anything.

lauren

Ringling is rated by 3D Magazine as the best computer animation school in the US. The Illustration and Game Art and Design majors have also gotten a lot of attention. Ringling is among the best art schools in the US. It has a good reputation.

I would say that the transition from high school to college is complicated. I would say that you need to be open-minded towards new experiences and new types of people, but also to lower your expectations. It takes a long time to find people who understand you and a sense of belonging when you go to any new place. College is no different. At a competitive school especially, getting used to the workload and trying to establish personal bonds with new friends can be overwhelming. You'll have an opportunity to recreate yourself, but be careful. Don't be so quick to rebel that you lose sight of what makes you unique. And if you find yourself lonely from time to time, don't be afraid to call your high school friends. They probably feel the same way and miss you too. And remember that first impressions are fickle. If you harshly judge others before you get to know them, you'll miss out on a lot of good people. You don't want to have to swallow your words later on. The first day of class is scary, but it gets better. Keep your chin up.

Ringling is geared towards the motivated artist. The resources at the library and the career center are incredible. Most of the teachers are available out of class for help and care about their students' development. The best thing about Ringling is that you have a lot of opportunities to push your art to the next level. You aren't restricted.

Susan

I would tell myself to start looking for scholarships now. Never ever stop looking. I would also tell myself to draw all the time and never stop. I wish I got into those good habbits then instead of trying to ketchup now. I would remind myself that I am talented, even though I might look at other students and think how amazing they are, that they have just been focusing on this longer than I have. I would tell myself that you have all of the potential and ability; you just need to believe in yourself. Everything will turn out fine, just keep pushing yourself to do the best you can and remember that you can't give more than your all. And maybe I would sneak in the fact that I need to find/develop a drawing style and to practice portraits.

I don't think there is anything bad; I have heard complaints from fellow students though. They mainly consist of how the new buildings are great, but the older buildings need to be updated/taken care of better/actually cared about.

The financial issues. A lot of the time all I can think about is how much debt I will be facing when I graduate.

Renee

Fun, creative, a place that makes you feel like you matter and everything you do is something great.

If I were able to go back in time to give myself college advise, I am pretty sure I would have a lot less stress lines and debt. I would not change the decision of the college I attend now, but I would make sure to apply sooner. I learned that the sooner you apply the better housing you receive. First come first serve. I would also tell myself apply to as many scholarships as you can. I’m learning now that there are a lot more scholarships awarded to high school students. It is also always important to plan ahead and stay organized. Remember deadlines, and budget yourself.

Anyone who wants to follow their passion and achieve their dreams.

Diyana

They are very helpful and knowledgeable as on what to do or help you catch up on what you missed in class--plus, they're very fun and enjoyable to talk to--even the professors like to hear about the adventures and stories we have to tell. When it comes to group projects, everyone really pulls through to help one another and makes sure that the entire job gets done...even if it isn't our best work, we all smile because of the amount of fun we had doing the project (no one gets left behind).

If I was able to talk to my high school senior self, I would let her know about the amount of work and effort she must put into their work to hopefully succeed in college--plus, to take advantage of much scholarships as possible (a lot of colleges are pretty expensive, including the amount of supplies I need). I would also tell her to keep her head held up high because there will be at times when things seem like it go her way or even maybe to the point of giving up, but she needs to stay strong and know that as long as you have friends, and family that can help push you forward, she can prove to those that doubt her that she can really shine when it counts. Not every piece of art needs to be perfect, and not every person needs to be really skilled at it either, as long as she does the best she can, she can prove to those that hardwork and patience can help lead one to their dream goals--also, don't let anyone discourage you, just be yourself and she will do just fine.

The best thing about the college has to be learning about the different styles of art and how to get inspired to create unique art of your own. I've learned how to draw humans a bit better (not super realistic, but a good representation of it), work in a woodshop, sculpt, sketch, paint, ink, scratchboard, etc (I'm always excited to learn more)--I am hoping that I'll be able to use some of those techniques in a career. Also, I'm taking lots of writing classes, to hopefully and maybe get a career in being an author.

Patrice

It is a small campus but it really is beautiful and the doors are pretty spacious to me.

Listen closely, I refuse to “beat around the bush” because I know you, you wouldn’t read it, but you have to pay attention, stop going around like you’re a deer in headlight. You are graduating soon and I know it’s exciting that you’re finally getting out, but I need you to push your parents more, whine, do whatever you need to take your SAT test; At least you can get through four before school ends. What are you going to do when you get home? Nothing! So start going to tutoring sessions, there’s a lot around our school and you definitely have time. Ask a teacher for help, I know Advance placement English literature probably wasn’t the best option, but it is okay your learning things that other people don’t, be proud of that. Another thing I cannot stress enough is scholarships-do all you can, don’t get lazy, go to the front office ask for that scholarship sheet. Scholarships are going to be your best friend because your tuition is not exactly cheap and your major has to do with a lot of printing. Start taking your education into your hands.

Tution is the top of list of the most frustrating thing, you have to get many scholarships.

Asia

If I could go back in time and give advice to myself as a high school senior, I know exactly what I would say. I'd tell myself to work even harder and remain focused on my long term goals. The senior year is really only a step to the future - a fact that too few students remember. So I'd tell myself and anyone else who'd listen not to be distracted by the petty dramas and upheavals of the last year of high school. When you get to college, everything you do is vital; everything is moving you towards your future career. It's going to be wonderful and exciting, but it's also going to be tough. And you'd better be ready.

From my limited current experience, I can't see much in Ringling to complain about. My only complaint is about its academic limitations. For example, I wish there were more majors, like sequential art, fashion design, or creative writing. I also wish there was a greater selection of more interesting liberal arts courses. And sometimes the majors are so focused that there seems to be little room to just experiment and have fun, like there is in smaller art schools. However, these "problems" are a side effect of what makes Ringling great - its single-minded drive for excellence and success.

When I brag about Ringling, I usually mention its prestige - it is (for good reason) one of the top art colleges in the country, perhaps the world. What really drove this home for me is the number of international students - young people from India, the UK, China, and many other countries, who came to America specifically to study at Ringling. Its media arts programs, especially, are top notch, producing skillful illustrators, animators, and game artists. It seems like every animated or CGI movie of the last 15 years had a Ringling student or two working behind the scenes.

Ringling College of Art and Design administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.