Sarasota, FL
Ringling College of Art and Design

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ringling College of Art and Design

Asil

Apply, Apply, Apply for scholarships. We all hear our teachers this to us in our final moments of out high school careers. Its not as if I was not listening as I had a applied for scholarships. The problem being that I only recieved a small portion of the ones applied for. Unfortunately it is not nearly enough to pay for college. Simply take the scholarship application process seriously and when you think you have had enough, push for more.

Daniel

We have top rated film and nursing programs.

We have top rated film and nursing programs.

Dan, I am you, writing you from the year 2010. You are 36 and going back to college for film and digital multi media. The technology we have now is incredible. You will be able to do things with computers that you never dreamed of, a whole new world will be opened up to you. I know you are young and you want to live and have fun but you will learn after your time in the real world that college is important. Follow your gut and go for what you love and live life with no regrets. Money will never bring you true happiness. Cherish your family and remember the things you think are so important now will fade in time. Just think what was so important to you just last year? Can you even remember? Listen to your elders, they have paid their dues. They are not out to give you a hard time. They are trying to keep you from making the same mistakes that they made just as I am trying to do for you now. Always be kind to people, the greatest currency in the universe is good karma. Take care of your health! Dan

I wish when I was younger I had been more certain of myself and my abilities and followed my intuition. Now at 36 years old I am following my dream and pursuing a degree in film and fine arts.

Alberto

It has a very positive and constructive culture, the program is really difficult and challenging, but it helps me grow as a student and as a person.

The right college is the one that is right for you. What is most important is that you go to class with an open mind and are willing to absorb as much information as you can. That is especially true in the arts, and it's especially true when you think you know something about the subject you are studying. The most important thing is to have fun doing what you do. It doesn't mean that everything will be nice and cheery; on the contrary, most of the times it will challenge you, and you will feel overwhelmed, but at the end of the day, those challenges will help you grow as a student and as a person.

Nothing in particular; I'm really happy with the college.

Meghan

It's a very nice school that honestly cares about its students, and it's easy to feel at home there.

They're some of the most awesome people I've ever met, and I'll definitely be keeping in touch with them even after I graduate.

Dear me (as a senior), First of all, don't worry so much about your grades. The school you get in doesn't care as long as it's above, like, 2.5. Focus more on doing drawings from life and improving your art. That doesn't mean just give up, though. You manage to score some financial aid because of your grades, so keep up with them. Just don't... stress over them like you are. As far as college classes, I really wish you would take that AP Writing test. It's free, just three hours, and would save you a class that costs tuition money. So, please? To make it easier on me, do that will you? And don't worry so much about college life in general. You're going to meet some of the best people in the world! They'll end up being the best friends you've ever had, so stop worrying. And the work load is pretty heavy, just like they say, but it's definitely bearable. Overall, just relax. Things turn out really well for you. From, your future self

Charles

My classmates are all hardworking, goal oriented people who know how to challenge me and give me feedback to not only better me as an artist, but also as a person, and they are one of the many great reasons why I love Ringling college and the things I learn here.

Upon going to college, there is a lot you expect, and a lot you don't. The most important thing is that you stay true to yourself, your goals, and make sure you enjoy your experience. There are a lot of ways to get sidetracked, but it's important to set your priorities and keep a level head about your environment and the people you surround yourself with. If you can remember these few simple things, then you will develope into a hardworking appreciative person, who most importantly has a good time in the proffession that you have chosen. In your time at college you will probably find more out, about yourself, and others then you ever expected to, but if you embrace change with time, you will learn and gain from all of your experiences. This is the most important thing to know. Take in everything, and become better because of it. You will meet many people and challenges, and as long as you remain true to your goals, and yourself you will rise to the top, and you will succede. There will be good and difficult times ahead, but these will be the best years of your life.

I wish I had known everything I have learned, not to mean I wish I did not need to learn anything upon coming here, but because it only would have helped me to understand and learn things here faster, and more effeciantly, overall allowing me more out of the education and life experiences that I have, and continue to develope upon.

victoria

Amazing people that all have the same passion as me, Art, but different goals to achieve. They have a lot of talent and are very competitive but not mean people

Don't procrastinate and think that you have the time, because at the end of the day, you will focus on the project and not the details. But details are what makes the difference from a good work, to a unique piece. And maybe take yoga classes... you'll need it to manage the stress which can be a huge load on your shoulder, especially after high school.

Aubrey

Never think anything is impossible, in fact usually the "impossible" becomes possible when you get to Ringling. Know that hard work will always pay off even when no one seems to notice. Always work for yourself, not your parents, friends or anyone else, this is your chance to make the most of your life. Never let other people hold you back, if anyone tries work even harder to achieve what ever your goal is. Work to become financial independent from your parents, they always hold paying for school against you. It's up to you to make the most of this experience, you have teachers, parents, counselors etc to guide you, let them and run with it. Last but not least, remember your going to college for you, because you want to be there. Oh and don't be afraid, everyone is just as scared as you!

i wish I had known how many people drop out every aemester, it really impacts you when all the people you know are dropping out because of how difficult it is.

I find the most frustrating thing about Ringling is that I never feel safe. The ghetto is bordering our school and we hear gun shots etc almost every week. For as much as i pay I should feel safe.

Rayna

I think I would inform myself about financial aid and assisstance and I wouldnt be in a position that I am now. I would also avoid long term realtionships they ruin your college experience. Everything else should just fall into place.

I wish I would of known more about finncial aid.

Tara

College, as you constantly hear in your closing years of high school, is a huge change that will be remembered as 'the best years of your life.' As senior year approaches many students don't understand the importance of preparing for college, including myself. As a high school student, I wish I had understood the importance of applying for scholarships. Attending such an intricate, dedicated art school of such great national recognition, this education doesn't come cheap. I applied for many scholarships, but didn't put in my full effort for the awarded money that in the end couldve saved me from a pile of loans when I'm complete. It is important to not give up on scholarships even after already in college, and manage you time to allow your full potential to be put into everything you do.

I wish I had known each class ran just about 3 hours long, twice a week each, with a homework load of almost double for each individual class. Time management wouldve been a larger focus for me my senior year of high school to have been better prepared for such an intense schedule.

It's in a beautiful location, minutes from the beach. Also the classes are small enough so the instructor or professor is always available to help each individual. Everything is very hands-on and focused.

Ringling College of Art and Design administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.