Ringling College of Art and Design

« See more reviews of Ringling College of Art and Design

Even now I'm not sure what i would tell myself. I think I would warn myself about the fiscal toll that it will take, but also of its value. The worth of attending a great university. I don't think i would have warded my self off from the situation i would just want more of an explanation. Now having a better understanding of loans and federal aid I would be able to explain to my younger self things that my counselor, at the time couldn't fully. I think an important part in my advice to myself would be to understand that when paying for college and an education you are not just buying classes but experiences. the whole process of being in college is also a mental and personal growth. Telling my self that maybe not going to class one day wont kill me, especially if that's the day spent in enjoyment. And overally if you're going to invest in something invest in yourself, and education is the best way of doing that.

I started at a 4 year school right out of high school and hated it. I dropped out and went to a community college until I really found myself and figured out what my passion was. When I first came to RIngling I was amazed at the resourses that I was going to be able to utilize. The staff is really there for the students and it shows in their attitudes. Whe I attended a large state school I felt like a number, but the Ringling teachers take the time to hep you understand the concept. The people that attend Ringling are 18-21, but they are very intelligent and creative. We all feed off of each others energy and strive to do our best work to inspire others' works. The art that surround the school has been a personal inspiration to have my work displayed someday. I have never been in an environment that has been so motivating, inspiring and connected until I came to Ringling.

Make sur ethe student body is friendly. Usually tours are lead by students, and really examining the student body is very important. The education you get will be one that will also come from your peers. They help you study, as well as learn. They help you frind new ways to think and problem solving techniques no matter your type of Major. Also ask about the worload. Thoguh homework may not always be fun, you really learn from putting your extra time in and giving it your all. A good sense of competition among peers is always good. Many colleges may even have visiting proffessionals, workshops, and events gearedfor students. These things are veyr important also I think in helping a student grow and learn. Those that help you learn from proffessionals and give you chances at internships are the best. Just find a school you love and make sure the education is dead on.

College, as you constantly hear in your closing years of high school, is a huge change that will be remembered as 'the best years of your life.' As senior year approaches many students don't understand the importance of preparing for college, including myself. As a high school student, I wish I had understood the importance of applying for scholarships. Attending such an intricate, dedicated art school of such great national recognition, this education doesn't come cheap. I applied for many scholarships, but didn't put in my full effort for the awarded money that in the end couldve saved me from a pile of loans when I'm complete. It is important to not give up on scholarships even after already in college, and manage you time to allow your full potential to be put into everything you do.

Never think anything is impossible, in fact usually the "impossible" becomes possible when you get to Ringling. Know that hard work will always pay off even when no one seems to notice. Always work for yourself, not your parents, friends or anyone else, this is your chance to make the most of your life. Never let other people hold you back, if anyone tries work even harder to achieve what ever your goal is. Work to become financial independent from your parents, they always hold paying for school against you. It's up to you to make the most of this experience, you have teachers, parents, counselors etc to guide you, let them and run with it. Last but not least, remember your going to college for you, because you want to be there. Oh and don't be afraid, everyone is just as scared as you!

I would tell myself to start looking for scholarships now. Never ever stop looking. I would also tell myself to draw all the time and never stop. I wish I got into those good habbits then instead of trying to ketchup now. I would remind myself that I am talented, even though I might look at other students and think how amazing they are, that they have just been focusing on this longer than I have. I would tell myself that you have all of the potential and ability; you just need to believe in yourself. Everything will turn out fine, just keep pushing yourself to do the best you can and remember that you can't give more than your all. And maybe I would sneak in the fact that I need to find/develop a drawing style and to practice portraits.

The most important thing to consider when choosing a college is not the college's credibility, but rather, what kind of student you are, and if this college is right for you personally. Being happy in your descisions is what really matters, because when you're happy and all your needs are met you will be able to do your best academically. While college is about learning a skill that you can build a career from, its also an important time of growth for everyone. Its important to find a college that will allow you to grow and perhaps make a few mistakes along the way. The best gauge of a college is any information you can gain from the actual students, before you decide on anything try to visit the campus and talk to the students.

Attending Ringling College of Art and Design has taught more things that I could have imagined. Growing up, I knew I wanted to work in an artistic field, but I wasn't sure what direction to take. As soon as I got in this school, I knew it was what was perfect for me. I enjoy every assignment given, and I put my work first. Ringling has taught me to be responsible, and to work hard. Ringling hosts many art shows and it's always so satisfying to be in one of them. It has also taught me to work in groups, to give and receive constructive criticism. I have also learned that our business, Art and Design, is so important in our society. Being in an artsy environment is so inspiring, and I am grateful to be a part of it.

I would tell upcoming students to look around at colleges. To make this choice based on what is best for you and what you are planning to do in the field of their choice. The first year of college is very hard, but while experiencing it you learn a lot. You grow up as a person and start to become an adult. You have to apply yourself and not get destracted by your friends,dating,and parties.You need to remember that your number one focus is school and your job is to do well in it. College is hard, but once you get through it; even if its just one year at a time you learn so much and you'll feel proud that you did. That you stuck to it and got through it. All you have to do is work hard and concentrate.

Be patient! Make sure you take the time to visit the area you're considering going to school at before you make the decision. Don't let first impressions make your decision for you. This goes both ways, my current school isn't in the best neighborhood, but security keeps us safe and I live 2 miles away in a beautiful, safe neighborhood. Likewise, you may think the place is amazing but can come to find out the the people that live in the surroundings are rude. Visit more than twice. Leave the tourist stuff for the first time you visit, but make sure the next couple of times you do mundane everyday things to make sure you'll be comfortable enough doing them when you live there. Good luck!