Ringling College of Art and Design

« See more reviews of Ringling College of Art and Design

I would give the advise to my old-self to prioritize school work before other things that I only wanted. Ringling is a very involved school, so I would let myself know to not procrastinate or half-finish things. It took me a semester to learnt his, but it would have been helpful to know before the fact.

I would tell people to apply based on what they feel will prepare them the most. I've known too many people who wanted to transfer because college "isn't what they thought it would be". At this point in life, college isn't one big party and drinking isn't setting people up for the real world.

I would say be prepared to work hard. Dont slack. This is a very important time in your life and you are going to want to learn as much as you can. You are going to need the stuff you learn here for your future. Alos,listen to your parents. They know what they are talking about.

finding the right college is tricky, I would recomend researching through current students and/or alumni. As for making the most of college, you should take more information than whats given to you by the teachers, go out, and experience what your learning.

I would tell myself to not be afraid of college. Stick to the major or the subject of what you really love to do because you will achieve higher and it won't be a waste. Always try the hardest and the best of your abilities and do not slack off.

Look around at all the possibilities! There is so much out there for any interest, make sure you sort out the perfect fit for yourself. Your education is most important over location, though a visit to the school is a great tool for deciding.

I think I would inform myself about financial aid and assisstance and I wouldnt be in a position that I am now. I would also avoid long term realtionships they ruin your college experience. Everything else should just fall into place.

I think that the location has a lot to do with the quality of your overall experience at any college. I would keep that in mind, and make it an important part of making the desicion.

Most people look for financial and academic sides of the college, but I strongly suggest considering emotional health as well. Good mind equals better body and work produced.

Make sure you are choosing the school that best represents what you want to do for the rest of your life. And parents be open to what your student wants to fo