Rio Hondo College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Rio Hondo College

Brooke

Its an interesting school that has many pros and cons so far. I've had a hard time with making sure I have a enough units to be considered a full time student because of I was told I needed a class that I couldn't get into so I had to find another class. The administration office can be confusing but they're trying their best.

Carolyn Karo

Went there and liked the teachers and class ratio. Didn't like the parking. Recommend public transit and courtesy Van to get up steep hill.

Diana

Its a good school for people who want to get work done. There is a free tutoring for most classes. There is a writing, learning, reading, and math center. There are quite a few computers available in the library. Staff are very nice. professors are great too. The school is on a hill which makes disabled student a bit longer to get to class. Parking it very hard to find between 8am and 4pm.

Camille

Good college, I have had a lot of help from alumni and professors. The vibe throughout the college is good, and I haven't had a negative experience. My counselor was more than willing to help me understand my educational development plan, as well as help me fix it for the future. She has been kind enough to help me as I graduate with an Associate's degree, and start school again with a separate major.

Valeria

As a incoming first year of a college student I am delighted to be part of this journey at Rio Hondo College. The school has the transfer opportunity that lets you do two years of community college and transfer to a Cal State, UC, or Privates, Save!

Dianne

Great place to learn. Safe place to be.

Edgar

My opinion about Rio Hondo is overall a great school. They are the only community college in California to have a bachelor degree in automotive. Another thing that is great about the school is they have a really good fire and police academy. As well another thing that is great about Rio Hondo is that they have the Rio grant where your first year at Rio you get your entire education paid

Karina

As a freshman starting out, I though Rio Hondo to be a great college. The professors are very helpful and invested in there students. This college also helps out students who don’t have the financial support. They make you feel as if you are not alone.

Joshua

My overall opinion on Rio Hondo is excellent. I really enjoy it because if someone needs help on anything there are people that offer to help you. At Rio no one is alone the professors encourage you to ask them for help and they will help you. Also classmates also help; you just need to ask them for help.

rachel

My overall opinion of Rio Hondo College is that it's a good school. The campus is fairly small making it easy to find and get to classes. The parking isn't the greatest but if you give yourself enough time, parking isn't a problem. The professors are for the most part caring and helpful. I'm glad I chose Rio Hondo College.

Jacqueline

My overall opinion is that Rio Hondo College has little social involvement but is involved heavily with academic studies. Professors are available and always ready to help students. Rio Hondo is calm and students mind their own business which makes studying on campus is easy due to the quietness. I would recommend others attending this school.

Angel

Honestly, I love this college. It is where I learned to help cultivate my passion for learning new things. The professors there are incredibly thought-provoking and can be found often encouraging all their students to take initiative in as many clubs, organizations, and activities as possible. Before Rio Hondo, I was terrified of how my educational career might continue, but with the entirety of the staff helping ensure you have access to all of its amenities, I was able to thrive. I currently have a 3.2 GPA, it's not a stellar 4.0, but to me,​ it means the world I am at this point. My enthusiasm is a testament to this college, I love it with all my heart.

Dominique

I came to Rio Hondo after a year and half of PCC (Pasadena), and my only regret is that I should have came to Rio right away. I feel that I was able to fulfill my GE's while also learn new skills for my career. It is a smaller campus compare to other community colleges, but there are a lot more benefits than what the size may say.

Aida

Rio Hondo is such a great environment. All the professors I have had were very inspiring and completely helpful. There is always people helping each other. The food is always great. The staff and community treat you like family. I love my school . There is so much room for opportunity.

Alyssa

Overall, this community college is fairy good and provides the students a warm welcome with all the support and help they can offer. As a first year student and first semester it was a good experience and nothing to complain about. I would gladly choose this community college over any in my area.

Victor

I think it is a great school, everyone was really nice and friendly. I enjoyed meeting people from my class. My teachers were helpful and friendly. Although I ad to investigate a number of them in order to retain my proper grade. I was 100 percent on point with my due diligence and they were helpful and lucky enough to correct them in time avoiding legal charges. This was a great test for my ability as a person and a student. I thought the landscape of Rio Hondo was amazing. They had such plants like rosemary, purple sage and oak. There was a grand mountain side and even a nature reserve that needed a bit of work. Overall the staff was friendly and helpful. I never had any issues and I feel if I had a problem in the future they would be more then competent enough to help me. I trust them and I am extremely helpful for the advise and lessons given to me in the pursue of enlightenment. I am forever thankful to Rio Hondo College.

Marissa

Rio Hondo College is a pretty good school. The people are friendly and the staff really does care. There are plenty of resources for students and frequent activities outside of class. Tutoring is also available. The professors are really caring and often go the extra mile to help you succeed.

G.

Rio Honda so great school. The parking is a little bad but it gets better towards the middle of the semester or less. There are tons of programs avaliable to helps students through tutoring, workshops or even career advice. There are programs that help financially as well. Most of the students are very friendly and easy to talk to. The professors are always ready to help and most of them encourage new ideas and opinions. The one store we have hasn’t most of the essentials anyone would need at a college for reasonable prices. There is no campus housing but it is located close to three cities and a freeway so there’s is always housing off campus.

Ryan

Rio Hondo is a college that has opportunities for everyone and is accessible to anyone who wants to further their education. At first, I was timid about attending a community college, but now I can see that I am saving money taking general ed courses here before I transfer into the 4-year system. many of the professors here are passionate about teaching and want to watch their students succeed and the college is always willing to give a helping hand to any student who needs it. whether it is financial aid, book purchases, or even how to check your student email; there is always someone here who is willing to help.

Yingying

Rio Hondo College is a very supported community college. As a freshman at Rio Hondo College, I got a lot of resources can support me either is academically or personally. Majority of the faculties are very friendly and supported. The professors are very friendly and accessible. Student life is diverse on campus. The fly in the ointment is that parking at school sometimes becomes very difficult.

Grant

With a sound mind, and healthy desires to strive forward, I have determined in my heart to obtain the necessary credentials required for me to be able to secure a position as a substance abuse counselor. My thought is that then I can sow good things back into the organizations and communities that have blessed my life with another chance to be a success story. I want to give people hope and inspiration through my testimony by being a living example of how possibilities are endless for a better life. No matter how bad the situation might seem in the moment of suffering, it is possible to overcome and persevere. I have come to the understanding that first it is necessary for me to have healed in the areas where I have struggled in life. Second, I need to earn the credentials and recieve an education in the field that I wish to reach people in. Third, I have to put the first two steps into practice by combining my wisdom from experiences, and empathy with the education I obtain, so that I can be an effective member of the community who holds credibility towards advocacy and change.

Victoria

Rio Hondo College needs to do better. There are never any available classes, the campus is due for an upgrade (where is all our tuition money going???), the office staff can be quite unapproachable, and their counselors are not very helpful. I have been at this school for almost four years because I cannot get the classes needed. I recently enrolled at another college and got the classes needed right away. Take it from me, get your education at a school that has its stuff together because Rio Hondo is not it. Sincerely, A Frustrated Student

justin

I am currently enrolled in the nursing program at rio hondo college. Everything is great so far and I am expected to graduate in May 2021. The professors really prepare you to become a successful nurse. They are very knowledgeable and are always willing to help.