You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ripon College

Shannon

Well in college you learn the materials necessary to fullfill the requirements of the job that you want as an individual. The experience of college was worth the amount of money that one has to invest in it in order to accomplish the necessary classes for whatever field an individual decideds to do. Most people are looking for jobs that without a degree would be hard to do, such as teaching, medical field, the biological field, physics, and more. People get a general idea of what different courses are during high school but by having a degree in a specific area, one can narrow in on more learning and understanding of the field and with this knowledge they can apply it to the careers that they want. It is valuable to attend college because people need this extra understanding and study to know more about the career choice they want so that they can accomplish the job to the best of there abilities and college helps them open there minds and discover more in those choices of study.

Mara

What I have gotten out of my college experience is been a lesson all in itself. There are so many different people that you meet in college that they really do help you make your transition into the real world, they teach you haw to work with different people with different personalities and backgrounds that it really shows you how life after college will be. It has also been valuable to attend due to the fact if you don't you really are not going to make the grades, get the degree and get the job that you want.

Joseph

In my short time here at Ripon College, I have no only learned a lot from classes, but I have also learned my life lessons. Experiencing living on your own, balancing playing a sport and going to school at the same time, and meeting many new and exciting people have all helped me become a better overall person. I have learned to organize my time better and prioritize in order to get the most I can out of college. Ripon has helped to open me up, putting me in situations that bring me out of my "shell" and I can honestly say that I have changed for the better.

If you are looking for a big school where you cannot get personalized attention from friendly, knowledgeable professors, Ripon College is not for you.

Ripon College, located in Ripon, WI is a small liberal arts college with a beautiful campus and great academic opportunities. Students, professors, and community members are friendly and supportive of everybody's activities. Ripon provides also provides many opportunites for sports, arts, music, and many other extra curricular activities that encompass almost anything you can think of. If you are looking for a college where you can get individual attention from professors with average class sizes around 20-30 students, Ripon College is for you.

Lindsey

The birthplace of the Republican party as well as Harrison Ford attending the school before he was a major actor. It is a small comunity, but this close knit feeling really does create a sense of family and you get to know quite a large portion of the campus (professors, students, and other staff alike).

Starting with a blank slate; mentally and physically is a great idea. Attending a new school means that you will have the opportunity to make friends you might not have had in high school, feel free to wear that shirt you have always liked but your classmates back home always teased you for, develop new ways to connect with people such as working out regularly and joining intramural sports. You will learn more about yourself by learning to open your eyes and mind and see the new world around you. During the first few days of college you will feel the urge to stay in your room; it is somewhere you are already familiar with. I urge you to fight back these feelings and explore outside your comfort zone. By doing this, you will inevitably find other people doing the same thing and just by accepting all of the emotions that come with starting college, you will see that you are not alone and other people are experiencing the same emotions. This mutual feeling of being in a new environment will make life time friends, no doubt. So feel free to grow a new pair of wings and fly.

Books are incredibly expensive. First semester freshman year, you pretty much have to order them through the book store. After that, it is easier to sign up for classes ahead of time and order the books for cheaper online. The bookstore on campus does have some good deals, but you can save a good amount of money by looking online at for example half.com.

Dawn

Just breathe. You always try to control the situation. That's not necassarily a bad thing, but for the next few months, don't. Just let things fall as they may and go with the flow. Don't second guess yourself. All that does is cause you unneeded stress. You made the right choice. Believe that. College may not be exactly what you expected but it will be so much more than that. It's not a fantasy; it's reality. There's nothing better than that. Enter high school was a hard, long, and difficult struggle. We both remember that. But at the end you knew exactly where you were and where you wanted to be. You're happy right now. I know change is hard and we've never been particularly open to it, but this change is different. History won't repeat itself. This won't be high school all over again. It's somthing much more than that. This is endless opportunity. This is a change that should welcomed. Open your heart and your mind and nothing will be too difficult for you. This isn't the end of the world. It's a beginning.

I love how open my school is. They accept people for who they are and we have such a mixture for so small a school. The teachers there really care about their students, also. You can get individual attention and they get to know who you are. I love how intimate the relationships are. It's never boring at my school and you're always pushed to succeed. The college genuinely wants you to succeed and they do whatever they can to help.

Although I love it, it is very small. Sometimes the opportunities offered on campus just aren't what you want to do. It's nice every once and a while to be able to escape the campus and go somewhere fun. Because of the location, though, the nearest town with personality attractive to a college student is an hour away. It can be frustrating when you're trying to get away and can't.

Gisela

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the advice I would give myself would to be careful who you trust. I was very naive going into college, I was still stuck in that high school mode I'd say, but surely that changed immediately once school started. I was finally free to do what I wanted, without my parents there to help me with all my needs. So I relied and trusted the people around me, but that was something that would completely change my life. Because I had trusted those who I thought were my friends easily, yet they themselves one night freshman year roofied me; I immediately felt different and started to freak out. Thankfully I managed to crawl out of the room while my supposed friends laughed. I was sent to the hospital that night because of how intense the drugs affected my system that I nearly died. This trauma still hasn't stopped me from continuing my studies because I am determined to succeed, but hopefully my story can help prevent from this happening to others.

I'd recommend that if you don't like being in the middle of no where, you should not go to Ripon. That's basically the only downfall of this school.

Elisabeth

Ripon is a very connected campus that incorporates the town into the college so that the everyone feels familiar and homey. It has the ability to bring unknowns together for education and meld them together with the traditional small-town feel where everyone knows your name and face.

I would tell myself to be open-minded and accept all opportunities. I would grasp every chance to expand my interests and not hesitate to involve myself in activities with others. I would tell myself to try my best every chance I got and to not let what anyone said or did, no matter who they are, sway me from doing any less than my best. I would encourage myself to take a deep breath and jump right in and have fun, start conversations with strangers, because that one time you do, you may just meet your best friend for life. I would tell myself to not take myself too seriously, to let go and have fun, to not care what anyone else thinks. I would tell myself to just be myself and that my college experience would end up being all I could ever imagine it to be.

Anyone who wants a fulfilling, rememberable college experience and wants to get a great education for the money.

Alicia

Transitioning into college is the easiest thing you'll ever do, especially at Ripon. The Student Support Services do everything they can to make it easy, and the campus starts to feel like home in a few days. Everyone is really nice, and upperclassmen are usually more than happy to point you in the right direction if you somehow get lost. Ripon College is everything you want in a college, the programs are great, and the professors are awesome and really understanding.

The most frusterating part of my school is we're in the middle of nowhere. If you want to do something off campus, you have to travel about 30 mins away to do something.

Andrew

I would have told myself to worry justy a little but more. In high school I was a football player and very good. I assumed that College would be essentially the same as high school. It is not. Its hard, and being smart isnt the only thing you need to make it through, you have to work hard, and I would tell myslef to work hard now, so that in the future at College it will be easier. Thats the most important lesson I can think of, to learn to work hard now, in High School, so that when college comes its no shock to have a serious work load.

Upper classmen usually end up in the Quads, and as dorms, they truly suck, but freshman are in some very nice halls. I wouldve liked to know that that switch was going to occur.

The food is the only thing about Ripon where I could even complain, and its not terrible.

Will

During my senior year I had an unimaginable workload--school work, extra-curriculars, and paid work. If I could go back I would tell myself to have really taken the college search more serious and to listen to my mom. In searching for colleges I did little to pursue scholarships or activley engage in communicating with colleges. Everynight my mom would bring up new and different colleges and I would brush her off, instead focusing on the situations at hand and not those in my near future. While I am happy with Ripon I would beg my high school self to have really intently looked at schools that had programs which would be of interest to me. I would have focused both on taking a closer look at academics, the location, and student life of the school. I would tell myself to apply to challenging universities, leaving areas I was familiar with and begining a whole new life. But that is all in the past, is it not?

Its size and its location. The area is beautiful but sometimes I wish we were bigger or in a more exciting town. Also the ease of some of my higher level courses really bothers me and sometimes I feel I am not stimulated enough.

How good of friends of I have and the ease in which I can communicate with my professors. Also the friendly and close environment, and the fact that almost everyone knows everyone, which on occassion can be a problem. The campus itself is also very beautiful and the food is pretty good.

Ripon College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.