Ripon College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Ripon College

Ellyce

It is a safe environment with many opportunities for learning beyond a normal college. Because of the student to teacher ratio, you gain a personal relationship with the professors and fellow students. Everybody knows everybody and it's a place that makes you feel at home since the minute you move in.

terrina

This past year was my first year at Ripon college and coming from the central valley in California to a small town in Wisconsin there are multiple differences you can easily point out. If you're looking for a college that is not surrounded by outside distractions, has various hiking trails, small interactive classes, and goes through all four seasons Ripon College is the place to consider. This college is big on sports especially basketball and the arts. There is always a play or some art show down in Rodman and the athletic facility just got remodeled this past year. I can say being an athlete here has made my experience more interesting due to going to meets off campus that allowed me to meet new people. The only downsides of this college are being a person of color it isn't as cultured as my hometown in the suburbs which I expected when finding out I was going to attend Ripon, people knowing most of your business due to it being a small campus, the cliques, and not being able to live off campus unless you have a legit reason why. After completing my first year of college I have noticed that the school is making an effort to make the campus more diverse and that the cliques are starting to disappear due to people being involved in multiple groups. All in all your college experience really depends on what you do with it.

Abby

Academically, it is a wonderful school. I am gaining an education that I would not be able to get anywhere else. My professors truly care about me and want to see me succeed. They are always there to help me out when I need it, even if things aren't academics based. The small class sizes are wonderful because students can ask for help and get to know their classmates and professors. Campus life, on the other hand, is not the greatest. We are required to live on campus, and dorm life can get a little mundane. The dorms are outdated and need updates, which makes having to live in them all 4 years difficult. On the other hand, it is fairly easy to get your first choice of a dorm, even if that means you are living alone. The town is small but has everything we would need as students within it or close by. Overall, I am glad I chose Ripon College, even if socially things have not been the best. That is not the fault of the college, except for possibly the small number of students that attend here. If the total number of students continues to rise, the school is going to need to make major updates in regards to housing and parking as well as food. The food could be better but they are actively working on that and making that known to students.

Ceanna

I loved going to undergrad here! The class sizes are perfect, small and student focused! The professors want to see you succeed and will do everything they can to help and support you! I would highly recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a more personalized education!

I graduated 1.5 years ago, I was accepted to Medical School (MD) right out of college, but as a back-up, I had applied to jobs during my senior year and received 2 high paying offers (greater than 55k + benefits) within 2 weeks. Ripon really prepared me for Medical School and the job market. What really makes Ripon stand out is in connecting students with opportunities to build one's resume in college so they become excellent applicants for post-grad education and in the job market. You have to actively try to not become involved in research, campus jobs, internships, or other resume building activities, while being a student at Ripon. The fact that I and several of my classmates were accepted into Medical School right out of college is significant. This is becoming increasing difficult to build a sufficient resume to be a competitive applicant after just 4 years of college. But Ripon is small enough to give you those opportunities to build your resume for any field in just 4 years.

Francis

As a student of Ripon College I think going to this school was the best choice I could of made. The school is great because it is small, meaning I can have access to my professors all the time and not worry about over filled classes. The school also offers a lot of resources for students who struggle like me . The college’s academic system is also setup very nicely to where I am guaranteed to graduate within four years. Overall I think Ripon College is amazing!

Shreeya

The class sizes are really nice and the professors are genuinely concerned about your progress. Beautiful campus and friendly faces. It could be a bit more diverse. The athletic center is impressive. Usually feels like the college values athletics more than academics. There is not much to do outside of campus. But overall there are plenty of opportunities here if you look for it.

Alisha

I love this college; I've been given so many great opportunities. My academic advisor is amazing, my professors are all willing to work with you towards success, and small class sizes yield a great relationship with both professors and classmates. It's a small town, too, so you get to know the community as well. I can't imagine going to school anywhere else.

Christopher

Nice smaller school with small class sizes. Like the low student to faculty ratio. Have terrific sports programs. Have terrific arts/music.

Alaura

It's a beautiful school with a small town atmosphere. The professors are super nice people and are usually willing to help in anyway they can. The food sucks though, so watch that you eat, you never know what you might get. Academically its an awesome school, and artistically it has beautiful theatre productions and great art shows. Overall the liberal college experience is fantastic, there are some things that need to be updated like food and some of the bathrooms in the dorms.

Danielle

It is a good school, sure there is room for improvement in different areas but there is an overall cozy feeling about this place. Being small you will know, or know about, a lot of people along with knowing your professors. With many professors encouraging you to stop and visit them you can stand out more to them and be more involved in different areas.

Kayley

It's a great college for academics. The economics department was ranked #1 in the state of Wisconsin. The class sizes are extremely small which allows for a personal connection. The professors are almost always available. Athletics is dominant on the campus. Especially with the new fitness center.

Sonja

I really love being able to have a close relationship with my professors it helps me to reach higher academic levels. The professors know their students and strive to help them and push them to exceed. I’ve had more individual help from my college professors than my high school teachers. Ripon exceeds my expectations academically I really feel I get the best education here than I would anywhere else.

Larissa

Ripon college is a great college that offer a large amount of programs. Ripon college has both on and off activities for students to get involved. Another great thing about Ripon is that there student to professor ratio cannot be beaten. Professors are always available for students and get to know the students on a personal level. Ripon College like a small community and it is wonderful!

Cortney

​I love Ripon, it has its ups and downs at points but I really like the idea of the Catalyst program. This program allows us to get our gen eds done in a way that still always us to take credits toward our major in our first year of schooling. I also like how many activities and events the school and the different clubs put on throughout the year there is always something fun to do around campus. I also really enjoy how welcoming the professors are, they are al; ways willing to take time out of their day to make sure that you are doing well and feel comfortable in your classes. Another big thing that I feel Ripon college does a great job on is its orientation team, there were all so friendly and willing to lend a helping hand on moving day, for the first years. I feel that they were a great resource to have for the first years to help them make the transition from home to school life a little bit easier. On the other hand, thought the food had its good days, but there is defiantly room for improvement, they kinda make up for it thought with all the different places around campus that you can get food.