River Parishes Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for River Parishes Community College

Laurie

Overall, River Parishes Community College is a great junior college with great instructors. However, the food on the campus results to vending machines that are overpriced items. Every once in a while a local restaurant would come out to cater to the students, but again overpriced for a college student.

Johnathan

River Parish is a small school, and that is the best part. It's a school for those who wish to study and learn in a easy environment that provides enough essentials for anyone to participate. They may not have everything, they'll always be happy to provide you with what they have.

Valerie

River Parishes Community college has been a five-star experience for me. RPCC is the second school I attended, after being absent from school for over fifteen and I feel at home here. Classes are the perfect size so that you do not feel like a number. The teacher goes over and beyond, to assure you understand one concept, before moving on the next. And, if a student still does not understand a topic, the college offers free tutoring several times a year on certain subjects. My theatre class was very interesting; visiting a real play was the highlight of my semester. The choragraphy at Jacob and his Fabulous Colored Dream Coat is similar to what I have seen on Broadway. I really enjoyed the theatre class and the in-class lecture at RPCC. Similarly, the online classes are fun as well. The teacher's created a very real learning experience in my online classes which was new to me. Responding to class-mates opinions on certain topics and receiving feedback on mine was a learning experience in itself. My online classes allowed me to really grow as a student and I don't think this would have taken place in a classroom setting as well. For now, I am unable to pick a classroom over online classes because both have been wonderful here at RPCC. Having a teacher, who actually produced on Broadway, is a real treat too. Learning at River Parishes Community College is fun. Students can really tell the professors want them to succeed an that makes me as well as my classmates feel good about learning. I look forward to finishing my associates at River Parishes Community College on the Fall of 2021 and transferring to finish my bachelor's while maintaining a 3.0-grade point average or higher.

Marley

Overall, my experience at River Parishes Community College was a great one! I had some of the best and most attentive professors I could have asked for. I felt like my time and effort there was well-appreciated. I learned a lot about life itself, as well as gained an education in my major of social sciences. I was able to graduate with an Associate of Arts degree in 4 semesters. RPCC is a local and small college that has changed the way I look at higher education. It has prepared me for further education at a university further away from home. I will forever be grateful for the time I had there.

Chelsea

Ever since I first came to RPCC I could say it's been a ride. There are so many different students there for a community college. Unfortunately there are no sports or real clubs, but there are fraternities to participate in. The class sizes aren't that big so there is a very interactive learning environment, so if you get lost your professor can help you during the lesson or during office hours. Unlike universities there is no cafeteria or food court, but there are food trucks on campus and many restaurants nearby to ease your hunger. Overall, the experience has been great. It's a tobacco free campus with many active and friendly students to grow with while you're there. I'd recommend this to anyone.

Julie

This is a fake school, and I learned some wrong things, which screwed me up when I real teachers. Don't come here unless it's just for the free checks. If you do come here, I can't even recommend any of the teachers except the hunky history teach. Stay away from math and accounting, that's for sure.

Destini

It is a great place to complete a technical degree or take prerequisites to transfer!

katie

I think River Parishes Community College is an overall good college it's safe, good class size, and has amazing advisors. I do think that they try to challenge us academically as much as possible just like if we were at a university. One thing I would like to see more of would be school programs/ activities.

I think it is a good school to attend if you aren't sure what you want to major in, or if you don't want to be in dept for 2 years like you possibly would at a 4-year university. While I was attending, I haven't really connected with the students, but the classes are smaller which means it's easier to talk with the professor in and outside of class. The work load is not bad and the amount of opportunities to get scholarships or join clubs or societies on campus is pretty good.

Blake

The best community college I ever attended. The atmosphere is amazing and I love my professors they communicate very well with me. There are a variety of places to eat outside of campus and a lot of extracurricular activities to be involved in. I currently wouldn’t want to attend any other college at the moment.

Reagan

River Parishes Community College is a great college to go to. There is no on-campus housing, and the campus doesn't provide food. But there are fun events that are always announced on Canvas. For example, we are having a film festival right now and a on Veterans Day Chick fil A was handed out. The teachers are very understanding and are always happy to help during office hours.

Top Questions about River Parishes Community College