Claremont, NH
River Valley Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend River Valley Community College

Julie

Long commute, which has nothing to do with the actual school itself. It would be useful if they could team up with other community colleges to offer classes closer to students.

It has the only program for respiratory therapy in NH. They are interested in the success of their students.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself as a senior in high school to take my time to make decisions. Don't rush off to a four year college because all of your friends are or because the school is telling you that's what you should do. By taking the time needed to make decisions, you will be able to have a clear mind and make decisions that will work better for you. I would also tell myself to value the education that you receive. Take community college classes and get involved with clubs and community events to get yourself submerged into the path you decide to take. The more time you invest in the kind of program you want to study, the more you will understand and be able to meet connections to help you on your path.

Justin

Before finally choosing River Valley I looked at Hesser College and the differences were astronomical. Hesser College acted like they were the prominent and better off then anyone else; they acted as if it were a privilege to get into their PTA program. River Valley offered me friendship and companionship when I entered the program, the head of the department literally introduced me to all the other students and they were glad to see they?re program grow after our initial interview. These are the only two PTA programs in the state, attending River Valley was a no-brainer.

Going back in time I know exactly what I would tell myself to do. Not only would I know what to tell myself but also I know why it is important and I also know the consequences in what would be my future decisions. I previously attended a private college and have no regrets doing it at $35,000 a year, which I attended for 4 years. At Emmanuel College in Boston, Massachusetts I met some people who are going to be my friends for the rest of my life and I would never give that up. However going back I now know I could have got the same education for a mere fraction of that price tag. There is no reason to pay these private institutions X amount of dollars for the same education you can get for less then half of what you would pay anywhere else. Finically I am stuck with a burden for the rest of my life and I can?t take it back. I would tell myself look into the future and realize that I am going to want to buy a house, buy a new car, or simply just be comfortable financially.

The lack of communication, personality, and problem solving skills within the office is bar none the most frustrating aspect of my school. They?re generally old friendly women but when push comes to shove they are not able to handle the work they have during the first and last two weeks of the semester. The school has created bigger programs, which adds students more paperwork but has yet to hire more registrar, financial aide, and office personnel. Hiring more personnel and the proper employees may make my experience friendlier.

Britney

On the most part, they are quite serious about what they doand are not stufy like high school students.

I would tell myself not to fear college, but that if I could face it head on, I would be able to achieve everything I set out to do. I would also tell myself that I should write for pleasure, I wouldn't have believed that writing could be enjoyable.

My wonderful teachers and thier dedication to thier jobs.

Kaitlyn

If I could give myself advice as a high school student, I would tell myself to just go to school for Early Childhood Education, instead of making excuses. I think I would be much further in my education if I did a little more reserch on what career possibilities I would have in this field.

The best thing about my school is that there isn't a lot of students in each class. I would feel overwhelmed if I had a bunch of people in my class. I also like that the school is rural, which is more calm and less hectic.

I wish I had known that I would have to go to a different city to do certain classes. I was not aware that the school I am going to is a small branch off of the main campus. Now I have to travel over an hour to campus, which idn;t much of a problem.

Michelle

The advice that I would give myself would be to be better organized. College is nothing like high school, you do not attend the classes everyday and assignments aren't always due the following week so you need to be very organized. Also make sure you arrive at least ten to fifteen minutes early to get a good seat, some of the classes have many students and getting a good seat will ensure the ability to see and hear better. Another advice I would give myself would be to study, study, study. Whenever you have a free moment-study! Just because you think you may know the material doesn't mean you don't need to study, and always ask for help if you need it!

The NHCTC-Claremont is known for affordable education.

My classmates are a mixture of different races, genders, and ages.

River Valley Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.