Austin, MN
Riverland Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Riverland Community College

Riverland is a great school for someone who wants quality education for a fraction of the price. It is a great school for anyone who is going into a technical career! They offer lots of hands-on experience and are willing to put in the time to help you further your education.

Brittiny

Riverland college is the best college I chose for me because the classes fit into my busy schedule. Also, I feel the instructors online actually want to teach their students and give feedback instead of just posting the homework. I also love that the instructors are easy to get ahold of if need be.

Shakana

I love the school. My teachers are always available and if I need help there is always someone to ask. The food is amazing and is always available. The schedules are always available one semester ahead so you know what classes are available. The students are always friendly never felt threaten in any way.

Tannis

Riverland is a very certified school, close to my home. It`s cost efficient and allows me to save money for future schooling, while still continuing my education. I love the extracurricular activities I am involved in, such as Ambassadors and Amnesty. I recommend this school to everyone looking to begin their secondary education.

Alyssa

Riverland has been nothing but helpful this past year. I transfered here last minute right before the first day of school and all the faculty workers helped me set up classes that worked for me and would benefit my major. They took me on a tour and helped me set up financial aid along with finding my books and meeting teachers. There are staff and students on campus almost everyday. Everyone is so friendly I do not think I have met 1 rude person. There's many opportunities for work study or scholorships that are given out. Overall I think Riverland was the best decision for schooling in my first year out of highschool. I have recieved some of the best help I could have ever asked for.

Rebecca

College life has been a big transition for me. First of all, I would like to tell my high school senior self to do three things. One: Fill your schedule. I have had very little to do and find myself often trying to fill my schedule with something. Two: Take those math and science classes. It would have helped me to get on with my College Algebra for my first semester. Three: Give myself more credit. I knew that I wanted to go to a larger school and do more in a city, but I settled for the community college. I didn't even try to apply to the college that I wanted to go to in the first place, and I feel that I'm not getting done what I should be getting done. Like I've delayed my life by a year. But I've made the most of it so far, I hope that I am going to go to the University of Minnesota (waiting on acceptance) and I know that I have the strength and perserverance needed to pursue my dream just as much as if I went to the U right away.

I wish I had spent more time figuring out what exactly I had wanted out of a college and what to go to college for. It's nice to get college credit out of the way, and the counselors are helpful when you need their help, but I haven't enjoyed myself ever since I got here. However, it gave me the time I needed to figure out where I wanted to go, which is why I'm transferring to the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. It has the degree I seek and the right program, classroom and college setting.

Someone who is not seeking a two year degree, especially if the degrees that are offered do not match up with the degree they seek after graduation should not attend this college. Someone who cannot handle a smaller college setting with the size of the classroom or the face-to-face interaction with their professors and lack of interaction with other students should not attend this college either.

Katie

Riverland Community College is best known for all the variety of career options for students. They also have a very good success rate for when students graduate and go try to be successful in the career of their choice. For being a technical college they also have a very good transfer rate with many other colleges in the midwest making it easy for students to continue their higher education oportunites. The main goal for Riverland is to make sure that students get the education they need and that they deserve , and they do that the best way that they can.

I would tell myself that I need to be prepared to handle the challenges of college life better than I handled highschool. This prepares you for the future, for how successful you want to be as an adult and parent. Without college it makes it a lot harder to reach those goals. I have learned now by attending some college that you need to really make it a priority or it will be easy to lose focus and you will start slipping away in your classes. Going back to college my goal is to succeed and transfer to a 4 year college. I want to prove to myself and other students that anyone can do it even if you struggle at first. You can make it happen if you just try and focus hard enough.

I wish that I would have known that it was not going to be as easy as it looks. College is fun, but it also takes a lot of hard work which I did not realize at first. They tell you that if you take 12 credits that means that you have about 12 hours a day worth of study and homework time. This is true and I have never spent so much time before doing homework so that was the struggle I wish I would have known about beforehand. Now I am prepared to handle the hours to succeed.

Riverland Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.