Riverland Community College Top Questions

College life has been a big transition for me. First of all, I would like to tell my high school senior self to do three things. One: Fill your schedule. I have had very little to do and find myself often trying to fill my schedule with something. Two: Take those math and science classes. It would have helped me to get on with my College Algebra for my first semester. Three: Give myself more credit. I knew that I wanted to go to a larger school and do more in a city, but I settled for the community college. I didn't even try to apply to the college that I wanted to go to in the first place, and I feel that I'm not getting done what I should be getting done. Like I've delayed my life by a year. But I've made the most of it so far, I hope that I am going to go to the University of Minnesota (waiting on acceptance) and I know that I have the strength and perserverance needed to pursue my dream just as much as if I went to the U right away.

I would tell myself that I need to be prepared to handle the challenges of college life better than I handled highschool. This prepares you for the future, for how successful you want to be as an adult and parent. Without college it makes it a lot harder to reach those goals. I have learned now by attending some college that you need to really make it a priority or it will be easy to lose focus and you will start slipping away in your classes. Going back to college my goal is to succeed and transfer to a 4 year college. I want to prove to myself and other students that anyone can do it even if you struggle at first. You can make it happen if you just try and focus hard enough.