Riverside, CA
Riverside City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Riverside City College

Krystal

RCC has an excellent art department, there are plenty of options from culinary classes to music, and painting classes available. Most math classes are done through Pearson, which is irritating, since I notice it makes the professors lazy they let Pearson do all the work and the teaching. Aside form the math classes needing help most other classes are good, some professors are in and out in a flash, some are very strict on deadlines and attendance and on the other end some are pretty easy going,I haven't really met any in between.

Arianna

Riverside City College is overall a really nice Community College. It has a ton of programs to get you out early as well as if you join almost any club or organization there is priority registration. The classrooms are in need of a make over but they are functional. There is vending machines all over but not enough food places. The library is really nice. The Honors program is amazing it can get you guaranteed admission into big schools like UCLA. There is a large variety of clubs as well.

David

I am really enjoying my time here at RCC. There' is opportunities for everyone. Whether transferring or wanting to get into a trade, RCC is affordable and the people on campus aren't political or anything they just mind there own business. I'd recccommend it to anybody.

alexa

I believe that Riverside City College has many professors that truly care about students and ensuring that the best learning environment is available. It is often hard to get classes needed to graduate because of how impacted the school is, it would be helpful if the school was expanded to accommodate all of the students that attend RCC.

I think Riverside Coty college is actually a really good option for people wanting to go to college but not jump in all at once. The schools offers so much from great extracurricular activities such as marching band, track and field, and also offers a variety of different clubs to join such as the archaeology club. The acedemics side of riverside is also very highly praised with nursing and engineer programs that many strive for. There are also tons of students that come from overseas just to attend riverside, I being one myself. Overall Riverside is an outstanding choice as a starter into college life and anyone who attends will enjoy there time here.

Eisha

You can save a lot of money by going here, I personally have saved a lot but textbooks are really expensive. I recommend buying them online from cheap websites. The school doesn't provide housing , so no dorms. The food is really over-prized, I bought a small bag of chips for $1.49. Also, the cafeteria food is not as good. Some classes are really hard compare to other. Most teachers are very passionate about teaching ,so thats good. The campus over all is really nice but since its a open campus, it doesn't feel as safe at night. CARRY A PEPPER SPRAY PEOPLE! Also classes are really hard to get, even if you get on the waitlist, it doesn't necessarily adds you in the class.

Nancy

At first, I was disappointed about attending community college instead of a University, but after my first week at RCC my thoughts changed. This school was great, so much change had gone on since the last time I'd been there, there's so many trees, beautiful scenery, but you have to look for it. Every school has professors we do and don't like, mine taught me what I needed to know, and we're always in their office during office hours. There are labs around campus where you can get FREE tutoring! RCC also accepts AP scores so I saved myself A LOT of time and money on English classes. Because of sports and classes, I was on campus during every possible hour and I always felt safe. Cafeteria food was better than expected, and the sports teams at RCC are also great. Overall, my experience at Riverside City College was a positive and memorable one.

Erica

The school is in great condition and the faculty and staff really care about the students success.

If I could go back to the year 2000, when I was a highschool senior, I would have to tell myself to go to college directly out of high school and pursue my career goal. I would tell the high school me to wait to get married and have children and attend college first. I would warn myself the struggles of raising four children alone and attending school. I however, would not have listened and would have still made the choices I made back then. I am grateful for the choices that I have made as a single mother that is attending college and I find it very rewarding. My children look up to me and get to see the hardships and struggles and it has in return given them the motivation to do well in school and hold on to their dreams.

The parking is a nightmare and the school is well over capacity.

Joseph

If I were to go back and talk to myself, the dialogue would go somewhat like this: Hi 17 year old Joe, it's me, your future self. I know all you want to do is leave this wretched institution, but you need to focus more on your academic trajectory, and not trying to fit in. The "friends" you devote so much time to hanging out with won't exist in 5 years. I know your parents aren't guiding you in the right direction, but reach out to your teachers, volunteer at the hospital, and start networking. Place more emphasis on visualizing a long term goal and working towards it, rather than dreaming about the weekend. While it may seem your current financial situation is holding you back from attending a 4 year university like your peers, swallow your pride and look into attending the community college. Heck, if you cut half of the time you waste on myspace, and instead searched for scholarships online, your financial future woudn't seem so grim.

The best thing about Riverside City College is the flexibility of classes because many are offered at night, as well as during the day. This affords many the opportunity to juggle work, family, and school simultaneously. Additionally, it has 2 satellite campuses along with online classes making it more accessible to many in Riverside county.

A person who has prepared themselves academically for a 4-year university should not attend this school. Additionally, a student looking to gain employement after graduating this school should not attend, as many of the degrees offered here will not set the student up for employment.

Tjah'Mari

Considering that I am only an 11th grader, this question is a bit difficult for me to answer. You see, I'm fifteen and in my second year of college. I started college at age twelve after graduating from high school in October 2011. I was 12 and in the 8th grade. Specifically, I received my High School Certificate of Proficiency at that time. Then, even though I didn't have to, I still went on to ninth grade. Now, I'm attending high school classes during the day and college classes in the evenings. Therefore, since I cannot go back to "me" as a high school senior, the equivalent of that would be myself in 6th grade. (It should have been 7th but I had just skipped 7th and went straight to 8th.) So, if I could go back and talk to myself as a 6th grader, I would tell myself to actually read my school books. This would give me the practice of learning how to study, because college isn't about how smart you are anymore and having A's come easily. It's about how hard you study and work for a grade.

There are not any bad things I can think of about RCC but there are no African American professors that I have seen.

Anybody can attend RCC. It is not exclusionary at all.

Riverside City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.