Riverside, CA
Riverside City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Riverside City College

Eisha

You can save a lot of money by going here, I personally have saved a lot but textbooks are really expensive. I recommend buying them online from cheap websites. The school doesn't provide housing , so no dorms. The food is really over-prized, I bought a small bag of chips for $1.49. Also, the cafeteria food is not as good. Some classes are really hard compare to other. Most teachers are very passionate about teaching ,so thats good. The campus over all is really nice but since its a open campus, it doesn't feel as safe at night. CARRY A PEPPER SPRAY PEOPLE! Also classes are really hard to get, even if you get on the waitlist, it doesn't necessarily adds you in the class.

Nancy

At first, I was disappointed about attending community college instead of a University, but after my first week at RCC my thoughts changed. This school was great, so much change had gone on since the last time I'd been there, there's so many trees, beautiful scenery, but you have to look for it. Every school has professors we do and don't like, mine taught me what I needed to know, and we're always in their office during office hours. There are labs around campus where you can get FREE tutoring! RCC also accepts AP scores so I saved myself A LOT of time and money on English classes. Because of sports and classes, I was on campus during every possible hour and I always felt safe. Cafeteria food was better than expected, and the sports teams at RCC are also great. Overall, my experience at Riverside City College was a positive and memorable one.

Erica

The school is in great condition and the faculty and staff really care about the students success.

If I could go back to the year 2000, when I was a highschool senior, I would have to tell myself to go to college directly out of high school and pursue my career goal. I would tell the high school me to wait to get married and have children and attend college first. I would warn myself the struggles of raising four children alone and attending school. I however, would not have listened and would have still made the choices I made back then. I am grateful for the choices that I have made as a single mother that is attending college and I find it very rewarding. My children look up to me and get to see the hardships and struggles and it has in return given them the motivation to do well in school and hold on to their dreams.

The parking is a nightmare and the school is well over capacity.

Joseph

If I were to go back and talk to myself, the dialogue would go somewhat like this: Hi 17 year old Joe, it's me, your future self. I know all you want to do is leave this wretched institution, but you need to focus more on your academic trajectory, and not trying to fit in. The "friends" you devote so much time to hanging out with won't exist in 5 years. I know your parents aren't guiding you in the right direction, but reach out to your teachers, volunteer at the hospital, and start networking. Place more emphasis on visualizing a long term goal and working towards it, rather than dreaming about the weekend. While it may seem your current financial situation is holding you back from attending a 4 year university like your peers, swallow your pride and look into attending the community college. Heck, if you cut half of the time you waste on myspace, and instead searched for scholarships online, your financial future woudn't seem so grim.

The best thing about Riverside City College is the flexibility of classes because many are offered at night, as well as during the day. This affords many the opportunity to juggle work, family, and school simultaneously. Additionally, it has 2 satellite campuses along with online classes making it more accessible to many in Riverside county.

A person who has prepared themselves academically for a 4-year university should not attend this school. Additionally, a student looking to gain employement after graduating this school should not attend, as many of the degrees offered here will not set the student up for employment.

Tjah'Mari

Considering that I am only an 11th grader, this question is a bit difficult for me to answer. You see, I'm fifteen and in my second year of college. I started college at age twelve after graduating from high school in October 2011. I was 12 and in the 8th grade. Specifically, I received my High School Certificate of Proficiency at that time. Then, even though I didn't have to, I still went on to ninth grade. Now, I'm attending high school classes during the day and college classes in the evenings. Therefore, since I cannot go back to "me" as a high school senior, the equivalent of that would be myself in 6th grade. (It should have been 7th but I had just skipped 7th and went straight to 8th.) So, if I could go back and talk to myself as a 6th grader, I would tell myself to actually read my school books. This would give me the practice of learning how to study, because college isn't about how smart you are anymore and having A's come easily. It's about how hard you study and work for a grade.

There are not any bad things I can think of about RCC but there are no African American professors that I have seen.

Anybody can attend RCC. It is not exclusionary at all.

Daniel

Stay the course; make up your own mind and don't be afraid of the decisions you make. You'll love the person you grow into because of the experiences you enjoy and endure, not despite them, and that person is someone worth growing into.

How much financial aid was out there.; I could have done a lot better.

A focused and driven student dedicated to transferring to a 4-year college or university.

Riverside City College is unique because it is the only junior college I applied to. It comes at a fraction of the price as a four year institution making it the more cost efficent option. This is one unique factioid about RCC.

Dear Rachel, Go out and apply for more scholarships. It is possible to get to a four year university if you just work for it. Keep your grades up, and dont let senior-itis sest in. RCC is not where you want to go next year and be stuck. However, listen to God and His guidence for your life. He may want you to be somewhere you never expected. Sincerly, Your Future Self

The most frustrating thing is not being able to get the classes that I need to get to transfer on time. Classes are hard to get at Riverside City College because of the impacted nature of the college.

Vianca

If I would give my eighteen year old self advice, I would give some handy advice to myself. One thing that I would tell myself is to search all the schools in California to see what best interests you without giving up and settling on a community college. Nothing is wrong with community college, but at least try to apply to a university(s) of your interest to see if you got in or not. It's great to know if a university is actually looking forward to have you as a student! So go for it and explore the schools in California! Another thing that I would tell myself is that its okay to not know what you want to do in life. This question will always come back to you for your whole life, all you have to do is to keep doing what keeps you happy no matter what it is that you do. There will be times when you will slip and fall, but I want you to remember this: Do not stay on the floor, get back up. You just have to pick yourself back up. That's what I'll tell my past self.

Before I came to this school there are some things that no one told me before I applied there. One thing I didn't know is that it is somewhat hard to make friends here. I thought I would make lots of friends, but I lost contact with people once a semester is over. Another thing is that the school is over packed with students. Too many people cannot get all of their classes because there are limited staff available per semester. With a short staff, it is nearly impossible to transfer out within two years.

At Riverside City College, there are many financial aid opportunities to take advantage of. Even if someone didn't finish completing the FAFSA, there is still a chance that you'll still get some form of financial aid! Although I did not get into the school I indended to go to, I am glad that I went to this school because of the low cost I pay for my education. I still get a great education without paying a fortune to be able to go to school.

Danielle

A place to discover, experience and learn what college life is all about.

A place to discover, experience and learn what college life is all about.

Dear High-school Self,College is rough! You need to be mentally prepared for everything. The truth is, high-school teachers do not fully tell you the truth when they say that they are preparing you now for what you will see in college, because they never truly can. Every college experience is different. If I had the chance to do it all again, I would go to RCC and then transfer to Colorado State University as soon as I was truly ready. This would have saved us a lot of time and money. In order to do this though, we would have had to make sure to stay focused, focusing on school and working hard to save every penny that we could. The out-of-state experience is amazing and I am so glad that I had it, but it would have been much more rewarding had I been more experienced and prepared for it. Good luck, -Your College Self

Driven students who want to get their first 2 years of college done with the least amount of debt. Students who want to explore their options and get introduced to the college experience.

christian

works around my 2 jobs that i have fulltime and part. courses are amazing get good grasp on all the subject. instructors are detail, neat and organized. The staff and students also instructors are open , polite, and kind.

Start saving money christian and start working as soon as possible . Hit the books hard and study well. Do'nt drink and go to parties waste of time . Focus on school , work , and on family. Days off from school and work spend time with your family. Buy books online to save money. Use all the school's free resources to your advantage. sleep early so you dont sleep in class. Pase yourself dont over whelm yourself with school and work. Plan for every step make backup plans for school. Due all assignments as soon as possible sooner finish less you worry about it. Study for test or ask instructor for study guide. Well good look chris stay focus later.

lack of staff to help students in finacial aid and admission and records, etc in all departments. over cost in tution rose very high last 2 years and over crowed in enrollment.

Riverside City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.