Riverside, CA
Riverside City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Riverside City College

Selam

I wish I known the costs associated with college and most of all worring how i need to put it more hours working to pay for the the courses and text books. In high school, it’s pretty clear what classes you have to take to graduate without stress of the expenses. The material covered in college courses is more complex than that taught in high school classes, and it’s presented at a faster pace. I learned since the academic pressure is much greater in college and it very crucial that I had to take responsibility for my own learning because no one is going to be spoon fed. Learning to be prepared to manage my time between studying, exams and balancing classes schedule which means learning to choose course load that includes some challenging classes and others that are less intense. It okay to ask to request for help, no one well be looking for me. Now I know that is it okay to go through tough times because it makes you stronger and when times get tough, I understand that there is nothing wrong with me because that's just the reality of college. It worth it.

reneshia

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would tell my self to start applying for scholarships. i would also explain how your on your own when in college. i would tell myself that its time to step it up and no slacking off because times are hard and your parents wont have the money to pay your way to college. thats would be the advice i give my self.

Rcc is such a good school there arfe no bad features. everone there are so helfully and really nice.

i brag about the freedom that we have. we arent watched by campous supervisors. they allow you to make your mistakes and learn from it. the do not baby you at all.

David

I learned that college proves a starting ground for a career in a field of my choice. I will continue to learn through out my life time. By understanding that is much important to stay focused on learning new things. College further my education into which my field of i'am seeking.

Renata

RCC has the easiest and most accurate formats in registering and finding classes. Very helpful staff on hand and I ove that RCC has very liberal views and people. The campus is big, so the only real headache is parking.

RCC is most known for their full of spirit marching band.

I was the kind of person that felt lost in what she wanted to choose as a lifetime career. I was always telling myself that taking alot of classes with no connection was a waste of my time, but I have come to experience every class in my everyday life. They were not a waste of time and the many classes I took, actually became the help I needed to walk towards the route I wanted.

Evan

The most valuable lesson I’ve learned so far from my college experience has been the broadening of my perspective. I’ve discovered how to confront problems and challenges with a calm and open perspective. Where there’s a will, there’s a way, I’ve learned that if I work hard enough then the tools I need to build my future are always some where near at hand. Threw working to put myself threw school while in school I’ve gained a great deal of determination, I will achieve anything I set myself to. It’s the thirst for more knowledge that has driven me to do all I can to continue my education. I use the problem solving abilities I’ve acquired at college in my every day life. From work, to social interactions to walking down the street, I am able to think outside of the box and chose the best answer to any situation no matter the challenge. I know that the more I learn and challenge my mind to expand in my drive to continue my studies the more I’ll be capable of doing my part in this life. Thank you. Evan Leacox

Joshua

RCC is a good school with a diverse campus and many devoted teachers.

RCC is a good school with a diverse campus and many devoted teachers.

College has allowed me to grow and become a different person. When I was in high school, I was never challenged to break out of my comfort zone. College challenged me to do so and I am better for it. College not only has increased my knowledge, it has given me new ways to thinks about topics. I am glad I decided to attend and feel I have grown as a person for it.

The worst thing about the school is the budget cuts. They have handicapped the school and make registration for new students difficult.

Austin

There are normally two different types of students in my classes. The first set of students sit in the front of the lecture room, take notes, and enjoy the lecture. The seconde set of students normally just sit in the back, text non-stop, and are only taking the class to get the credits. I am part of the first set of students.

I would tell myself to keep hanging in there and not slack off. College is a great place where you have tons of freedom and where you could pick your own classes. I would also tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as I can. They really do matter and can help you out so much. I would also tell myself to start excercising your writing hand because you are going to be doing a lot of writing. Also, I would tell myself that the professores aren't like high school teachers at all; they won't make you go to the principals office. They will just ask you to leave. (I haven't gotten in trouble). And then I would say "College is Awesome!"

I didn't know that getting into the classes that I wanted to take would be so hard. Now I stay up until 12:01 in the morning the night before the registration dates so I can be the first one signed up for the class. I wish I also knew that certain classes were on opposite sides of the campus.

Michelle

All my life I had been brain-washed that the UCs were much better than the Cal States. This erroneous belief lead me only to apply to UCs and private schools. I ended up attending the University of California, Riverside. I was extremely unhappy at this school and attended it for two years before I had to withdraw due to finanacial reasons. I now attend Riverside Community College. I was taught that Cal States and Community Colleges were the "bad" colleges to go to and were not as good of quality as the UCs and private colleges. This is the biggest lie I have ever been told. I have learned so much more at RCC in one year than I did in two years at UCR. The teachers were much better quality and more willling to help me at the community college than the UC college. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that Cal States and Community Colleges are just as good as any other college, and that I should apply to them as well.

The best thing about my school is the parking situation. When I attended the University of California, Riverside, it would take me sometimes 20 minutes to find a parking spot. When I transferred to Riverside Community College, the Norco campus, the first thing I noticed was how much easier it was to park and go to class compared to my old school. This gave me more time to study because I would not have to leave my house 20 to 30 minutes earlier to find parking. Also, the parking permits are relatively cheep.

This worst thing about my school is how small it is. I attend the Norco campus of Riverside Community College. The size of my campus limits the amount of classes which can occur and which classes are available. For example, my campus does not offer the science classes I need for the undergraduate part of my Biology degree. There are not as many class times available for me to choose from. This makes it a lot less convient for me. I am thinking about going to the main campus the next semester due to this.

Manolo

majority of the students are fresh out of high school making quite a few of them immature and for the most part seem to know each other, but you will find some great students who are dedicated on doing well and moving on to a university, along with some older people on the same path throughout the classes and thats the student body.

the school is not exclusive like a csu or uc so there will be a variety of people on campus. most if not all the students will be locals. the school is local and having 3 campuses makes it convenient to attend. if a class is not offered at your campus but at the nearest one, you can totally take that class at the other campus, just have to fit it into your schedule. that way you dont have to wait until next semester to move ahead.

if you have an idea of what you want to do with your life, follow the path that will get you there. the changes are not big if you attend college right after high school. there are many social events throughout the college experience but dont let them distract you too much from your studies. that great party is not going to study and pass the final exam for you, only you can do that. why would you waste all that money youre using to pay for the classes you are not going to attend or follow through with? taking breaks are necessary at times with the challenges life throws at us. get back as soon as possible. the longer you wait the harder it is. may not seem like it now but think about it: youll be older with more responsibilities. these can take over the time you would have available to focus on school. once youre older you will not have as much financial help offered to you.stick to it, finish it, and do your best. your education is something that no one else can do for you, and something that can not be taken from you.

The advice I would give myself would be... Don't procrastinate and stay in your classes! Don't let others opinions affect your goals. Ask as many questions as you can even if you think they are dumb questions. A dumb question is one never asked. Stay on track and try not to overwhelm yourself. Make sure you have time to finish your homework! Keep your goals clear in mind and never give up even if you do fail a class or two. When in school, things get hectic and busy and sometimes a little crazy so try to stay focused on the outcome. Be true to yourself. Be sure to tell a counselor about your education goals so you know you're taking all the right classes and don't waste your valuable time. Have fun with it and make the best of it because before you know it you'll be done and off to work!

I don't really brag about my school that much. When I do though, I mostly talk about how it is pretty easy to get through and not all that confusing to find out what the next step will be before graduation or transfer.

Riverside City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.