Riverside, CA
Riverside City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Riverside City College

Joshua

RCC is a good school with a diverse campus and many devoted teachers.

RCC is a good school with a diverse campus and many devoted teachers.

College has allowed me to grow and become a different person. When I was in high school, I was never challenged to break out of my comfort zone. College challenged me to do so and I am better for it. College not only has increased my knowledge, it has given me new ways to thinks about topics. I am glad I decided to attend and feel I have grown as a person for it.

The worst thing about the school is the budget cuts. They have handicapped the school and make registration for new students difficult.

Austin

There are normally two different types of students in my classes. The first set of students sit in the front of the lecture room, take notes, and enjoy the lecture. The seconde set of students normally just sit in the back, text non-stop, and are only taking the class to get the credits. I am part of the first set of students.

I would tell myself to keep hanging in there and not slack off. College is a great place where you have tons of freedom and where you could pick your own classes. I would also tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as I can. They really do matter and can help you out so much. I would also tell myself to start excercising your writing hand because you are going to be doing a lot of writing. Also, I would tell myself that the professores aren't like high school teachers at all; they won't make you go to the principals office. They will just ask you to leave. (I haven't gotten in trouble). And then I would say "College is Awesome!"

I didn't know that getting into the classes that I wanted to take would be so hard. Now I stay up until 12:01 in the morning the night before the registration dates so I can be the first one signed up for the class. I wish I also knew that certain classes were on opposite sides of the campus.

Michelle

All my life I had been brain-washed that the UCs were much better than the Cal States. This erroneous belief lead me only to apply to UCs and private schools. I ended up attending the University of California, Riverside. I was extremely unhappy at this school and attended it for two years before I had to withdraw due to finanacial reasons. I now attend Riverside Community College. I was taught that Cal States and Community Colleges were the "bad" colleges to go to and were not as good of quality as the UCs and private colleges. This is the biggest lie I have ever been told. I have learned so much more at RCC in one year than I did in two years at UCR. The teachers were much better quality and more willling to help me at the community college than the UC college. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that Cal States and Community Colleges are just as good as any other college, and that I should apply to them as well.

The best thing about my school is the parking situation. When I attended the University of California, Riverside, it would take me sometimes 20 minutes to find a parking spot. When I transferred to Riverside Community College, the Norco campus, the first thing I noticed was how much easier it was to park and go to class compared to my old school. This gave me more time to study because I would not have to leave my house 20 to 30 minutes earlier to find parking. Also, the parking permits are relatively cheep.

This worst thing about my school is how small it is. I attend the Norco campus of Riverside Community College. The size of my campus limits the amount of classes which can occur and which classes are available. For example, my campus does not offer the science classes I need for the undergraduate part of my Biology degree. There are not as many class times available for me to choose from. This makes it a lot less convient for me. I am thinking about going to the main campus the next semester due to this.

Manolo

majority of the students are fresh out of high school making quite a few of them immature and for the most part seem to know each other, but you will find some great students who are dedicated on doing well and moving on to a university, along with some older people on the same path throughout the classes and thats the student body.

the school is not exclusive like a csu or uc so there will be a variety of people on campus. most if not all the students will be locals. the school is local and having 3 campuses makes it convenient to attend. if a class is not offered at your campus but at the nearest one, you can totally take that class at the other campus, just have to fit it into your schedule. that way you dont have to wait until next semester to move ahead.

if you have an idea of what you want to do with your life, follow the path that will get you there. the changes are not big if you attend college right after high school. there are many social events throughout the college experience but dont let them distract you too much from your studies. that great party is not going to study and pass the final exam for you, only you can do that. why would you waste all that money youre using to pay for the classes you are not going to attend or follow through with? taking breaks are necessary at times with the challenges life throws at us. get back as soon as possible. the longer you wait the harder it is. may not seem like it now but think about it: youll be older with more responsibilities. these can take over the time you would have available to focus on school. once youre older you will not have as much financial help offered to you.stick to it, finish it, and do your best. your education is something that no one else can do for you, and something that can not be taken from you.

The advice I would give myself would be... Don't procrastinate and stay in your classes! Don't let others opinions affect your goals. Ask as many questions as you can even if you think they are dumb questions. A dumb question is one never asked. Stay on track and try not to overwhelm yourself. Make sure you have time to finish your homework! Keep your goals clear in mind and never give up even if you do fail a class or two. When in school, things get hectic and busy and sometimes a little crazy so try to stay focused on the outcome. Be true to yourself. Be sure to tell a counselor about your education goals so you know you're taking all the right classes and don't waste your valuable time. Have fun with it and make the best of it because before you know it you'll be done and off to work!

I don't really brag about my school that much. When I do though, I mostly talk about how it is pretty easy to get through and not all that confusing to find out what the next step will be before graduation or transfer.

Katie

As a high school senior, most of my time was spent doing recreational things instead of studious things. As a college sophmore, I would go back in time to tell my high school senior counterpart to spend more time studying and applying for scholarships rather than going to the movies or to Disneyland. If I had spent more time applying for scholarships and such, my parents would not be having such a rough time trying to put me and my siblings through college. I would also tell my younger counterpart to spend more time with the family, building relationships with my younger siblings and my parents. If I could go back in time and tell myself these things, I believe my college life would be a much better experience.

The best part about Riverside Community College is, by far, the student body government. Being involved with this group of people has made going to community college a lot more exciting. This group of people meet together not only around the senate table, but around a table in the cafeteria, sharing textbooks, starting study groups, discussing teachers and classes, and making plans to better the student body. Riverside Community College has been the best place to start my college experience.

Riverside Community College is a place of opportunity for those who wish to further their education, whether they be recent high schoo graduates or senior citizens wishing to keep an active mind. But there is one type of student that should not attend this school. A slacker. If you want to sit in the back of the classroom and "goof around" and fail the class, you are only hurting your grades and the grades of those around you. The teachers at RCC work very hard and deserve the respect of a studius class that is ready to learn.

ELIZABETH

Riverside Community College is a public 2 year institution that has three campuses and serves the communities of Riverside, Norco, and Moreno Valley.

I graduated from high school 20 years ago and I've had plenty of time to think about what I would have done differently. When I first graduated from high school I attended the University of Utah for 2 years. I had the typical college experience, with plenty of social activities, work, and school. I unfortunatly did not have the maturity to complete my education there. I was far more interested in the social activities than I was on my studies and it caught up to me quickly. I was placed on academic probation, I got discouraged and started missing even more school. I dropped all of my classes and went home for a quarter. When I returned, I got wrapped up in the fun parts of college and soon realized that I shouldn't be there any more because I was not ready for college. If I had the chance to talk to my "high school senior self", I would tell her that college is fun. I would also tell her that there is a time for fun and it is AFTER the work is done. Get the job done then do have your fun!

It is often very difficult to obtain the pre-requisite classes for many of the sciences. You are required to take Anatomy and Physiology for the majority of the medical programs (ie, Nursing, Physician Assistant, Paramedic, etc) and to register for this class is nearly impossible. Every semester, there are dozens of people attempting to add the 3 or 4 sections that RCC offers and no available openings.

Casey

this is an espessially powerful question for me as I have had such a tumultous transition to college life. the first thing that would have saved me a lot of time and effort is that by applying for scholarships you are not freeloading, as you also benefit the group giving the scholarship, and society as a whole by achieving greatness. My parents are very supportive but also very financially disadvantaged I felt guilt at staying home with out paying rent especially with how expensive gas has been in the past year. Parents want the best for thier children and my parents are no exception, by going to school and doing well I can be my parents pride and not thier burden. Romances are inevitable in college settings but I think I would have to tell myself to make sure I find someone who can help you achieve your goals and truely want you to succeed

I feel that the majority of students don't care as much about their schooling as I do mine. there are distractions for apathetical students talking, because they don't really care about the subject at hand, but to me school is very important

The most frustrating thing about school for me is books. I have to take on odd jobs around my new and rigorous schedule to be able to afford these books. with this scholarship I should be able to focus on my school so that I can take away the skills I will need for my career.

Brandon

My classmates are a variety of personalities that have come together for the sole purpose of furthuring their education.

I think about this exact topic a lot. If I could go back in time and tell myself something that I didn?t know then, it would have to be to stay strong and don?t take anything, especially time and effort for granted. I would also have told myself to work harder than ever before. My senior year was the easiest and best year of my high school career. I had only a few classes, went to school late and then got to leave early, and I felt like the big man on campus. I wish that I had taken harder classes and instead of slacking off, I wish I would have done my best work that year. Then, after high school I had the opportunity to go to a four year university and play football, but instead of following through I backed out and stayed home. I wish more than anything that I would have taken that opportunity and made the most of it. If I could go back in time and tell myself something that would have changed how things are now? I wouldn?t hesitate for a second.

RCC is for the student that doesn't quite know where they want to be or what they want to do yet. It provides an excellent education and gives its students the opportunity to graduate and transfer to a 4-year university. It is the perfect college for determined students that don't want their education to end after high school.

I would tell myself that I should take all the classes necessary so that I could go to a UC or CalState college instead of a community college. I would advise myself to make sure I am prepared to handle the work load and not wait unitl the last minute to finish things. I would tell myself to remember that school comes first and if friends tell you otherwise, then they are not the people you should be hanging around with. Furthermore, do not get discouraged if you have a hard time making friends because eventually it will happen. Also, remember that not everyone will like you and that is okay. Be cautious in who you trust because you never know if someone has a hidden agenda. If you are having trouble with something whether it be a class or something else, do not be afraid to ask for help. Always trust your instinct. Even though school comes first do not forget who your friends are and make time for them. Remember to have fun and take advantage of everything the college has to offer.

I wish I had know how difficult it is to get classes and how impacted the school is. It will also take a minimum of 3 years to complete all the classes needed to transfer. I wish someone would have told me those things because I would not have attended.

The people who should not attend this school are people who want to get through college quickly. It will be frustrating to not get the classes you need and if you get on a waitlist for a class you are going to have to wait unitl classes start because it is very difficult to get into a class off the waitlist. If you know what you want to major in then I would recommend that you do not attend this school because you are better off going to a 4-year.

Riverside City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.