Riverside, CA
Riverside City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Riverside City College

Nancy

When you go to school, you have to rely on yourself to ASK for help. Go to workshops, pick up flyers, maps and brouchers, meet with counselors. If you cant figure something out do not be afraid to ASK. You should become as involved as you can be. Join a club, get to know the facilities. It's important that you feel like a student who is commited to your education and success. Getting to know your fellow students, and staff is important. If you are struggling in any classes, get somebody's phone number so you can study together, or ask the teacher about any tutoring that's available for the subject. Don't be afraid to reach out to others.

You shouldn't attend this school if you're looking to move away from home soon. I believe most people who attend community college do it because it's close to home, friends, a job you like, so on and so forth. The comfort of being so close to home and familiar things may deter you from following your dreams to move off to somewhere else.

Kelly

If I could go back in time, I would encourage myself to persue my artistic endeavors! I would tell myself that my passion for creating would only grow stronger in the future and that I would need to complete my education in order to fulfill my career goals! "Artistic talent is a gift not to be wasted" I would tell myself! "Work hard, stay focused and it will be most rewarding!" I would remind myself that I am a person who believes in doing what I love for a living, and that finishing school will get me there!

I think any one that wishes to further educate themselves should attend this school! The only type of person who shouldn't attend this school, is the kind of person that is not at all interested in developing and expanding their own personal educational goals. Some one who does not take school seriously should not jeopardize the education of others by becoming a distaction in a class and/or taking up precious space in limited registration availability.

The thing I brag about most is the variety of wonderful programs RCC has to offer! There are so many classes of several interests offered at any given time! I am especially excited about the exceptional Art programs that I hope to become extremely involed in soon! I also like to tell others about the community programs and classes offered for professional as well as personal development. RCC seems to have something for everyone!

Brian

Riverside Community College is known for a lot of things. It is also mentioned in a few movies such as Zodiac, starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Robert Downey Jr.

I would definitely work much harder. After seeing what I am capable of in college, I know that high school could juse be a breeze. Things that seemed hard to me then are nothing short of simple now, and if I could go back in time, I could easily have straight A's.

It is a great way to transfer into a better school without wasting so much money on general education courses.

Cynthia

To take school seriously and not take senior year as a walk in the park, I would really prepare for college.

The best this about my school is that it is nearby.

I wish I had known that I had the opportunity to shoot for a higher school.

Amy

Making the transition from high school to college can be tough, or it can be simple. The key thing is to start early. I would tell myself not only in my senior year, but my freshman year, to stay focused on school, and to always strive to be the best you can be. Thinking back to the start of my high school life, I honestly shouldve tried harder. I was so worried about what I looked like, and if my hair was okay, rather than the importance of the most precious thing on this earth, the future. I would have told myself to start applying for scholarships in junior year so that way I could get ahead. I would also say to worry about that 75% english test to get a better score to better my GPA, so that I can get into the University of my dreams. I know that no matter what the age, its never to late to pursue your dreams. Looking back now, I can honestly say that I should have prepared myself better for the future, whether its financially or educationally.

Kyrra

My classmates are hard working, and determined to be sucessfull in the class and pass.

I would tell my self not to wait til the last minute. Try to get scholarships and get enrolled for college and find out my living plans before the end of my senior year.

The most frusterating thing about my school is trying to register for classes.

Andrew

A fantastic learning environment with small class sizes that help student-teacher relationships.

My school is known for their excellent medical program that helps students transition from their first two years of college to their third and fourth years.

Don't underestimate college life and the rigorous courses. Be sure to plan accordingly and have proper time devoted to each class and each assignment.

Tiffany

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself not to give up so easily. My first attempt at attending a university failed horribly. I was holding down a job for the first time in my life, and despite advice to limit my hours, I was working at least 35 hours a week. In addition to overworking myself, my life circumstances were overwhelming, and partly because I thought I couldn't handle it, and partly because I didn't want to, I gave up. I stopped going to class, and rather than withdrawing, I dismissed it, endeding up with three horrible F's on my transcript, a defaulted student loan, and more obstacles than I ever imagined in my road back to school. Four years later, I have kids and a family, and I know how hard it is to support them. If I had kept trying, rather than quitting, I could have had a degree by now, rather than working the same horrible job everyday. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself what everyone else tried to, "don't you dare quit!"

The worst thing about my school is that it is overcrowded. Registering for classes can sometimes be difficult as there are sometimes delays. To make things worse, a lot of people overbook themselves when registering for classes, and then drop courses within the first few weeks of school, making it difficult for others to get into the classes they need.

Probably the best thing about about RCC is that it is very easy to fit into any kind of lifestyle. I work, and have kids, so time management is very important to me. The classes at RCC are scheduled so that I can always fit them into my schedule, regardless of how crowded it already is. Furthermore, a majority of the classes are offered online as well, and while online education may not be ideal for many people, it does make it easier to fit more classes into a busy schedule.

Skylarr

Riverside community college is a great way to get an education at an affordable price, kids from all over join rcc for many different reasons for some it could be because it's closer to home more affordable education and for athletes sports rcc has a great sports program for all sports from mens and womens basketball baseball swim team tennis and their track and field team wich happen to be back to back state champions also their are three rcc campuses the riverside campus, the moreno valley campus and the norco campus to further branch out ot more students.

The students in my classes are of all different ages, races, and genders all with the same goal to get a college education they are focused and determined to succeed in the classroom as well as on the court or on the field if they are an athlete like myself.

Hello my name is skylarr la cour if i could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior i would tell myself to make sure that i register on time for classes i moved to nebraska after graduation to live with my brother and start my life. While there i learned many things what nebraska offered, what colleges they had and what they offered. The community colleges in nebraska didn't offer track and field wich i have a passion for i believe that if my grades were right that i wouldn't be in that position, a lot schools were far and i didn't have a car so i couldn't go to school so i just worked. Enough to pay for a plane ticket back to california so i could attend rcc join the track team and pursue my dream of gettin my degree after transfering to a university, and being the first one in the family to finish college. Besides makin sure that i registered for classes on time while i was in high school make sure that i took the sat so i could transfer after one year instead of two years.

Raymond

If I could go back in time to when I was a High school senior. I would start by telling my shelf not to wait so long to return to school and get a better education. That the wrold is changes so fast that getting a better education is the only way to get a better paying job. Due to the encomy is ever so change due to the market gone down and up so fast. That the only way I can survie in this world would to furter my education.

Riverside City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.