Riverside, CA
Riverside City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Riverside City College

Sandy

Riverside Community college is a learning resource tool that has expanded my horizons about the options that I have in life, and has helped me to make goals for myself, that i now know are achievable.

The old century atmosphere with brick buildings and trees makes for a very enjoyable walk from class to class. The school itself has more of a "back east" University feel to it then a Southern California community college. It inspires me to want to get to a large prestigious University.

Growing up as a 7 year AVID Student, I had been preparing for college almost half of my lifetime. I took all the right AP/Honors classes, took on plenty of student leadership roles, and was an active member in campus clubs and sports teams. All seemed to be going well until my father began having an affair with another woman. A month later, my 19 year old sister became pregnant. Our previously humble home transformed into a battleground of hurt, anger, and tension. Somehow for the next year of high school, my studies , along with everything that i formerly cared for, slipped out from underneath the radar of my priorities. As my grades plummeted, I earned an Incomplete in AP English, and was no longer eligible to apply to any 4 year colleges. Distraught and angered, I rebelled against any tedious work to be done and burned bridges with most of my successful friends senior year. Knowing what I know now about college life, I wish I could go back and give myself this advice, "Collect yourself and complete what you have started. Life holds many trials, but if you just keep moving, It will all be worth it."

Tyler

If I could talk to myself back when I was still in high school I would have taken more concurrent enrollment classes that were paid for through my high school. It is very expensive to go to college and I would have taken advantage more of the programs available to me. Also after working a manual labor job for almost a year I realize that I do not want to do that for my life work. I want to get paid more money for the same hours and do something that doesn't require a lot of manual labor. That is why I have decided to go to college and have enrolled in a pharmacy technician program. My sister is doing a pharmacy technician program through her high school. I did take HVAC at a vocational school, but with the recession I was laid off at my job within 9 months. That field being in the construction industry isn't doing very well. I researched and found out that the medical field is a more stable field to be in and that is why I have chosen the pharmacy technician field. I hope to get scholarships to help pay.

Daniel

If i were to go back in time and tell my senior year self anything about college life it would be too not take college lightly and to not over load myself with classes. I would tell myself that college is nothing like high school where i could sleep through class and still get an A grade, that instead, college was something i would have to take seriously. I would explain to my more youthful counterpart that the second most crucial point to stress in college life is balance between class time, relaxation time, and work. If incorrectly mixed, the combination of these three things would ultimately lead to a miserable and unnecessarily difficult semester. Of course the most important insight i would have to express to myself would be the importance of friends. Truly nothing in this world is more important to a successful and stress free college life than amazing friends that you can count on to lift your spirits and encourage you in times of need. These are the jewels of wisdom that my oyster has cultivated for the short time i have attended high education and the things most important to my younger self.

The best thing about Riverside Community College is the lengths they go to to help the students in and out of the classroom. They offer every student the ability to ride the local bus freely at anytime to any destination which is great if you have no transportation and you work. They also provide financial aid, tutorial services, and health programs to all students as well as a comprehensive program for students with learning disablities.

Truly there isn't any type of person who shouldn't or has better interests in attending another school.The staff of Riverside community college does it's utmost to help all students by providing a plethora of programs and services to the student body from mental and physical health services to free tutoring.

Allan

The cost is definately cheaper and affordable for most ( if not all ) income brackets. Receiving an associates degree than finding a job and getting settled quicker helped me choose this school as well. And if I want to get a hold of a bachelors, masters, etc. I can always make a transfer to a four-year university. And even if i didn't know how, there's a center targeted for that audience. It just has what i need.

When in highschool I would probably have encouraged myself early on to practice doing what you love to do and hope to achieve, as well as searching for new things to do. As in Investing good time in a hobby you do. In college much time has to be sacraficed for studying and assignments, leaving out a hobby you enjoyed so much. Even if there is time in your scheduale for that past-time, it will only last for so long, and you would realize how much better you could have been if you spent more time improving and getting those ''YES!'' moments when doing very well. I did waste more time doing things i never truly enjoyed, too bad that i found out what i love doing a little late. And this was because I blocked myself from finding those novel hobbys. Keeping my head cooped in only one box instead of taking it off and noticing how many other things there are to do and experience was a mistake. I found them now, but if only I found them sooner by expanding my horizons.

The environment leaves you completely in a soothed mood. It's a very odd but pleasant feeling, one that leaves you in wonderment. And this is because the campus isn't loud most of the time. It's especially pleasant when the breeze is calm and blowing all around you. I just feel very safe and at peace. Schools that create such an atmosphere for me is a plus and thats what I always feel there.

Stevie

If I had the chance to go back and give myself college advice, I'd have a lot to say regarding finances, friends, and studies. I'd first tell myself to apply for scholarships, since a number of scholarships I see are geared towards those that aren't in college yet and I'd learn how to keep better track of what money I save, since this is the foundation from which I will be paying off my school loans. In dealing with friends I'd tell myself, that despite being in college, there is still some drama, just be careful who you become friends with, you'll realize who's genuine and really has your back. In regards to the most important aspect of all, studies, I would tell myself to get into the habit of studying more, so I can have great work instead of good work. I would tell myself that no one's expectations, but your own matter, you are your biggest critic, as long as you exceed your expectations, you are successful.

Nancy

When you go to school, you have to rely on yourself to ASK for help. Go to workshops, pick up flyers, maps and brouchers, meet with counselors. If you cant figure something out do not be afraid to ASK. You should become as involved as you can be. Join a club, get to know the facilities. It's important that you feel like a student who is commited to your education and success. Getting to know your fellow students, and staff is important. If you are struggling in any classes, get somebody's phone number so you can study together, or ask the teacher about any tutoring that's available for the subject. Don't be afraid to reach out to others.

You shouldn't attend this school if you're looking to move away from home soon. I believe most people who attend community college do it because it's close to home, friends, a job you like, so on and so forth. The comfort of being so close to home and familiar things may deter you from following your dreams to move off to somewhere else.

Kelly

If I could go back in time, I would encourage myself to persue my artistic endeavors! I would tell myself that my passion for creating would only grow stronger in the future and that I would need to complete my education in order to fulfill my career goals! "Artistic talent is a gift not to be wasted" I would tell myself! "Work hard, stay focused and it will be most rewarding!" I would remind myself that I am a person who believes in doing what I love for a living, and that finishing school will get me there!

I think any one that wishes to further educate themselves should attend this school! The only type of person who shouldn't attend this school, is the kind of person that is not at all interested in developing and expanding their own personal educational goals. Some one who does not take school seriously should not jeopardize the education of others by becoming a distaction in a class and/or taking up precious space in limited registration availability.

The thing I brag about most is the variety of wonderful programs RCC has to offer! There are so many classes of several interests offered at any given time! I am especially excited about the exceptional Art programs that I hope to become extremely involed in soon! I also like to tell others about the community programs and classes offered for professional as well as personal development. RCC seems to have something for everyone!

Brian

Riverside Community College is known for a lot of things. It is also mentioned in a few movies such as Zodiac, starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Robert Downey Jr.

I would definitely work much harder. After seeing what I am capable of in college, I know that high school could juse be a breeze. Things that seemed hard to me then are nothing short of simple now, and if I could go back in time, I could easily have straight A's.

It is a great way to transfer into a better school without wasting so much money on general education courses.

Cynthia

To take school seriously and not take senior year as a walk in the park, I would really prepare for college.

The best this about my school is that it is nearby.

I wish I had known that I had the opportunity to shoot for a higher school.

Amy

Making the transition from high school to college can be tough, or it can be simple. The key thing is to start early. I would tell myself not only in my senior year, but my freshman year, to stay focused on school, and to always strive to be the best you can be. Thinking back to the start of my high school life, I honestly shouldve tried harder. I was so worried about what I looked like, and if my hair was okay, rather than the importance of the most precious thing on this earth, the future. I would have told myself to start applying for scholarships in junior year so that way I could get ahead. I would also say to worry about that 75% english test to get a better score to better my GPA, so that I can get into the University of my dreams. I know that no matter what the age, its never to late to pursue your dreams. Looking back now, I can honestly say that I should have prepared myself better for the future, whether its financially or educationally.

Riverside City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.