Riverside, CA
Riverside City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Riverside City College

Cynthia

To take school seriously and not take senior year as a walk in the park, I would really prepare for college.

The best this about my school is that it is nearby.

I wish I had known that I had the opportunity to shoot for a higher school.

Amy

Making the transition from high school to college can be tough, or it can be simple. The key thing is to start early. I would tell myself not only in my senior year, but my freshman year, to stay focused on school, and to always strive to be the best you can be. Thinking back to the start of my high school life, I honestly shouldve tried harder. I was so worried about what I looked like, and if my hair was okay, rather than the importance of the most precious thing on this earth, the future. I would have told myself to start applying for scholarships in junior year so that way I could get ahead. I would also say to worry about that 75% english test to get a better score to better my GPA, so that I can get into the University of my dreams. I know that no matter what the age, its never to late to pursue your dreams. Looking back now, I can honestly say that I should have prepared myself better for the future, whether its financially or educationally.

Kyrra

My classmates are hard working, and determined to be sucessfull in the class and pass.

I would tell my self not to wait til the last minute. Try to get scholarships and get enrolled for college and find out my living plans before the end of my senior year.

The most frusterating thing about my school is trying to register for classes.

Andrew

A fantastic learning environment with small class sizes that help student-teacher relationships.

My school is known for their excellent medical program that helps students transition from their first two years of college to their third and fourth years.

Don't underestimate college life and the rigorous courses. Be sure to plan accordingly and have proper time devoted to each class and each assignment.

Tiffany

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself not to give up so easily. My first attempt at attending a university failed horribly. I was holding down a job for the first time in my life, and despite advice to limit my hours, I was working at least 35 hours a week. In addition to overworking myself, my life circumstances were overwhelming, and partly because I thought I couldn't handle it, and partly because I didn't want to, I gave up. I stopped going to class, and rather than withdrawing, I dismissed it, endeding up with three horrible F's on my transcript, a defaulted student loan, and more obstacles than I ever imagined in my road back to school. Four years later, I have kids and a family, and I know how hard it is to support them. If I had kept trying, rather than quitting, I could have had a degree by now, rather than working the same horrible job everyday. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself what everyone else tried to, "don't you dare quit!"

The worst thing about my school is that it is overcrowded. Registering for classes can sometimes be difficult as there are sometimes delays. To make things worse, a lot of people overbook themselves when registering for classes, and then drop courses within the first few weeks of school, making it difficult for others to get into the classes they need.

Probably the best thing about about RCC is that it is very easy to fit into any kind of lifestyle. I work, and have kids, so time management is very important to me. The classes at RCC are scheduled so that I can always fit them into my schedule, regardless of how crowded it already is. Furthermore, a majority of the classes are offered online as well, and while online education may not be ideal for many people, it does make it easier to fit more classes into a busy schedule.

Skylarr

Riverside community college is a great way to get an education at an affordable price, kids from all over join rcc for many different reasons for some it could be because it's closer to home more affordable education and for athletes sports rcc has a great sports program for all sports from mens and womens basketball baseball swim team tennis and their track and field team wich happen to be back to back state champions also their are three rcc campuses the riverside campus, the moreno valley campus and the norco campus to further branch out ot more students.

The students in my classes are of all different ages, races, and genders all with the same goal to get a college education they are focused and determined to succeed in the classroom as well as on the court or on the field if they are an athlete like myself.

Hello my name is skylarr la cour if i could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior i would tell myself to make sure that i register on time for classes i moved to nebraska after graduation to live with my brother and start my life. While there i learned many things what nebraska offered, what colleges they had and what they offered. The community colleges in nebraska didn't offer track and field wich i have a passion for i believe that if my grades were right that i wouldn't be in that position, a lot schools were far and i didn't have a car so i couldn't go to school so i just worked. Enough to pay for a plane ticket back to california so i could attend rcc join the track team and pursue my dream of gettin my degree after transfering to a university, and being the first one in the family to finish college. Besides makin sure that i registered for classes on time while i was in high school make sure that i took the sat so i could transfer after one year instead of two years.

Raymond

If I could go back in time to when I was a High school senior. I would start by telling my shelf not to wait so long to return to school and get a better education. That the wrold is changes so fast that getting a better education is the only way to get a better paying job. Due to the encomy is ever so change due to the market gone down and up so fast. That the only way I can survie in this world would to furter my education.

sasha

If i could go back in time to tell myself about college, i would say save money. Books are expensive. Also, i would have nagged to sign up for RCC earlier. I would have told myself to fill out my FAFSA sooner, and put more than one college on it. I would tell myself not to be afraid of meeting new people, and to open my variety of classes im interested in. Furthermore, i'd tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible, to research EOPS and the Pell Grant. To conclude, i would tell myself that thought the future seems so far away, so unclear, that i will be alright.

The one thing i do brag about RCC is all the wide ranges of art classes. They offer a wide range of art courses that i have yet to see at the other local community colleges.

Katherine

Taking the step from high school to college isn't as easy as they make it seem in the movies. A lot of people just don't know what they want to be or where they should go after those four years are done blazing by. All of a sudden you find yourself on the verge of a very scary adventure and since you're an adult now, you have to do it by yourself. But there is a lot of help out there and just because you come from a background of uneducated parents or low income or even poverty doesn't mean you can't rise above that and achieve everything you've wanted. There are people who want to help everyone succeed, and there is a way to make it all work. Just be strong, don't give up, and keep fighting until you reach all of your goals, whatever they may be. Don't worry about what everyone thinks, and don't worry about if your parents approve. Just do what works for you, and don't worry about fitting into a mold of what a college student should be. You can do this.

If I had to choose one thing that stands out about Riverside Community College it would be that there are always people willing to help you make the transition. Be it a teacher, counselor, or campus representative, they are all about helping you find the steps to further your education and get to where you want to be. They help you identify goals, find a way to get the classes you need, and help with finding the funds for all of it.

I think it's the perfect school for students who can't afford to go to a university right out of high school, or who aren't sure what they want to do in life just yet. You get a good education, your classes transfer, and there are tons of people on campus to help you with what the next step is no matter what you want to do. Plus, it's cheaper than wasting time at a university figuring out what you want to major in.

Jacqueline

I would advise myself to read all my books and to stop being a procrastinator.

I would advise myself to read all my books and to stop being a procrastinator.

I believe a lazy person shouldn't attend this school because he or she should give the opportunity to someone that really wants to study.

When I talk to my friends about my school, I brag about the knowledge that all the professors have.

Riverside City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.