Riverside, CA
Riverside City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Riverside City College

sasha

If i could go back in time to tell myself about college, i would say save money. Books are expensive. Also, i would have nagged to sign up for RCC earlier. I would have told myself to fill out my FAFSA sooner, and put more than one college on it. I would tell myself not to be afraid of meeting new people, and to open my variety of classes im interested in. Furthermore, i'd tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible, to research EOPS and the Pell Grant. To conclude, i would tell myself that thought the future seems so far away, so unclear, that i will be alright.

The one thing i do brag about RCC is all the wide ranges of art classes. They offer a wide range of art courses that i have yet to see at the other local community colleges.

Katherine

Taking the step from high school to college isn't as easy as they make it seem in the movies. A lot of people just don't know what they want to be or where they should go after those four years are done blazing by. All of a sudden you find yourself on the verge of a very scary adventure and since you're an adult now, you have to do it by yourself. But there is a lot of help out there and just because you come from a background of uneducated parents or low income or even poverty doesn't mean you can't rise above that and achieve everything you've wanted. There are people who want to help everyone succeed, and there is a way to make it all work. Just be strong, don't give up, and keep fighting until you reach all of your goals, whatever they may be. Don't worry about what everyone thinks, and don't worry about if your parents approve. Just do what works for you, and don't worry about fitting into a mold of what a college student should be. You can do this.

If I had to choose one thing that stands out about Riverside Community College it would be that there are always people willing to help you make the transition. Be it a teacher, counselor, or campus representative, they are all about helping you find the steps to further your education and get to where you want to be. They help you identify goals, find a way to get the classes you need, and help with finding the funds for all of it.

I think it's the perfect school for students who can't afford to go to a university right out of high school, or who aren't sure what they want to do in life just yet. You get a good education, your classes transfer, and there are tons of people on campus to help you with what the next step is no matter what you want to do. Plus, it's cheaper than wasting time at a university figuring out what you want to major in.

Jacqueline

I would advise myself to read all my books and to stop being a procrastinator.

I would advise myself to read all my books and to stop being a procrastinator.

I believe a lazy person shouldn't attend this school because he or she should give the opportunity to someone that really wants to study.

When I talk to my friends about my school, I brag about the knowledge that all the professors have.

Jeremy

Decide on what you like doing now and would like to learn more about it college, let that be your declared major now and you can change it later. It's important to get through the general eds which are cheaper at the community college. Never just quit a class, pay attention to drop dates, they hurt your transcripts later. To save on tuition, yet live independent, find a community college that has housing. Apply for all financial aid including state grants. Work on campus in any department because it helps pay for small things like gas and books.

Anyone desiring a social life and activities that college aged kids seek.

Limited offering of courses in my major. The distance from major cities of employment are far limiting a social environment for a young male.

Peter

Riverside Community College has been a friendly environment in which many fond memories remain.

There are many things I believe I did very well during my senior year of high school. However, as with anything else, there are just as many things I feel continue to aggrivate me as a college student. If I were able to go back even for a brief amount of time, there would probably be much good I could do for myself. I would tell myself not to be so frightened of the future and so fearful of what has not yet occured. Maintaining such an outlook only strikes one with paralysis and makes it difficult to maneuver through even the slightest of life's trials. Apprehension and timidity do not fare well with the future. In fact, they kept me isolated from the excitement of college life. Instead of growing into an adult and facing my future with fortitude, I turned that moment for development into an ominous occasion to regress back to an adolescent state of avoidance. But, however much development I might have denied myself, it took all the more maturity to arise in the midst of those doubts and march toward something so uncertain as the future.

Any student who is not willing to put forth effort to succeed should not attend this school. As most people know, college requires hard work. Unless one is fully aware of this fact, they are bound to face a harsh reality as they come into the classroom and find their way to the back seat. However, those who wish to have a quiet environment and experience a teacher interested in their personal progress and knowledgeable of their individual goals should not hesitate to become a part of this small community.

Anna

My college experience has been fantastic! I will admit, though, that I was not prepared for some things to occur in college. If I could I would go back in time and tell myself as a senior how to handle my college years. First, although I have always been a get it done fast kind of girl, I would tell myself that I will have to take things slowly because of my health. People will pass me by educationally, but there is nothing wrong with that. After all, after college, all that is left to do is work. Also, I would remind myself that while attending school I don?t need to work as well. If I take on too much it will negatively affect my grades. Instead, annually apply for financial aid and scholarships. Finally, I would tell myself that college is where best friends are made; therefore, don?t be afraid to make new friends. If I need to, I should get involved. Believe it or not, people want to be my friend, just like I want to be theirs. College is a grand adventure! If I could tell myself that as a senior I would.

The worst thing about my school is there is very little parking available now that they are now putting in an Olympic sized pool and a new building for their school of nursing. Now we have two choices: get to school unreasonably early so you won't be late for class, or go to school at a resonably time and get to class late.

Honestly, I believe that this type of school is good for every person who is starting thier college education or would like to take a class simply for enrichment. The cost of going to school is resonable and the teachers are great! This allows for a fantastic start to your education while having a very small student loan to pay, if at all.

Alberto

RIverside Community College is the best campus in California. Because its very friendly and socialize. I love my school and I dont want to leave since I plan transfer to Gallaudet University in Washington D.C in 2011.

Well, look back in high school. I wish I could pay attention to teachers and study HARDER.

A person should not going to school if a person is lazy or nothing to do at home, do drugs, and not interested in anything.

james

do not try to take the easy way out of everything because there is a way that everything works properly.

a person that does not want to acheive his or her goal.

Karla

Riverside Community College is an open portal to everyone, giving students a chance to work to their potential just as any other college or university would do, but also doing it in a way where students will be able to achieve their goals upon entering the school if they take the course work seriously.

When first entering a community college I was unaware of the college life as well as the transition it would be from leaving high school. As a senior in high school you hear your teachers giving you advice, but most of the time that advice just goes out one ear and out the other. I've been out of high school for almost a year now, so i've been able to expierence college life myself. Despite the fact that it is not a university or a cal state school, I have taken in alot in this short period of time . If I were able to go back to when I was a high school senior I would tell myself that college isn't the same as high school life, making it hard to adjust to at first. You have to take the work seriously, meaning that there is no time for slacking off, you have to motivate yourself because you no longer have someone pushing you along the way making choices for you, you're an adult and you're going to have to want the best for yourself if you're going to pursue your dreams.

There are several types of people who can attend a community college: someone who want's to save money, still undecided on their major, and someone who didn't have the grades during high school to be accepted elsewhere. For people who want to save money, attending Riverside Community College gives you the chance to do so, as well as giving you the time to decide which pathway you'll choose in life when you have recieved the grades and taken the courses to transfer to a different school.

Cristina

If I were able to go back to when I was a high school senior and give myself advice I would tell myself to keep striving to be the greatest and to keep following my dreams because nothing is easy everything is a challenge and everything that is a challenge is worth working for.

A wide range of classes.

A person that is dedicated enough to strive to success.

Riverside City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.