Riverside, CA
Riverside City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Riverside City College

Anthony

If I could go back in time and tell myself about college life I advice myself to sign up for Fasfa and Espo so that i can get all the money i possible can get.

The parking. The reaon why is because its too small and not spaced out. Plus people don't park correctly making it harder to park

Anyone that lives near the school should attend the school

Raquel

Its a well known communtiy college. You can get a pretty good education for a cheaper tuition price, then other schools in the area.

I would have definetly taken chemistry in high school. It would have helped alot right now. I would have saved more money to pay for the books. I would be so greatful for the structured schedule that I had in high school. I would also tell myself to stay active, I have definetely gained the freshman 15 :) ..

That since I'm Moreno Valley based, there are not alot of classes that I need, most of them are on the main campus.

Rigo

Moreno valley college is best known for the health programs they offer. They offer strong programs for studens who are pursuing associates degree or transfering to a four-year college of university. More then 7000 thousand students attend Moreno Valley College pursing they associates degree.

If i had a chance to go back in time and change something I did in my high school years. The one think I would of change are my study habits. I remember that I would study while i was watching TV or listening to music. Now that I think back I never consentrated on what i was doing. The other think i would change is that i work while I was in high school. Once u start to have money you stop putting attention to your studys and what you do in school. You start to go out with friends on afternoons instead of staying home to study for test or the material teachers gave you. I would of paid more attention on my classes to get higher grades and GPA. So when I stared college, I can start with my requieremenst to transfer to a four-year college or university. Instead of staring low on my classes and spend more time on acomplishing my requierements to transfer.

The wrost think about my school, would be the counseling service they offer. I have gone to speack with one of the counselers for advise on what classes to take for the semester. They talk to you so fast that you dont have time to think for a second to think of questions that you might have. I dont know if its just me or if they have to much work, or they have to much studens they need to help.

Cameron

My school has many interesting subjects, a beautiful campus, and great teachers.

I would tell myself that college life is hard and stressful at times. I would inform myself on the importance of time management, which is a very valuable skill that is needed for studying and for making it to class on time. I would tell myself to not get distracted or derailed by other people, that my only reason for being at school is for learning. I would tell myself to work a part-time job, maybe 18 hours a week for a little spending money. I would tell myself to work hard in the pursuit of knowledge, that college costs money and below exceptional grades are not acceptable. I would tell myself to join a club that plans regular and fun activities. I would also tell myself to step out of my comfort zone by broadening my mind to diverse areas of study. I would remind myself to take an exercising class for managing stress. I would say, "Never forget the importance of family. They are your greatest support system and will always be there for you". And lastly id say, "Have fun, its only college".

The most frustrating thing about my school is how far away it is from my home.

marcia

my class mates are very mature and the majority of them stay focused on the prize, which is passing the class.

my school works hard to achieve its goals

if i went back into time as a high school senior there would be alot of advice i would want to give myself. i would have told myself that it doesnt matter that you dont have a social security number right now still go to those college fairs and find out what it is that you want to do. dont give up on your school work and let your grades drop because you feel youll never get anywhere because your birth mother never took you to the hospital when you were born so that you could get a social security number. you might not have been able to fill out college applications but you could still could have looked into colleges and asked some questions . you might not have applied for financial aid because no social security number but still look into colleges and keep your options open. dont give up your social security number will be here in just a couple of months. look into univerisities and see what kind of programs they have as well as community colleges. go on campus tours and see what you like best. that is the advice i would give myself

Kaylin

My classmates all very diverse: you get slackers and procrastinators, teacher's pets and whiz kids.

KAYLIN! Don't screw up! Remember your FAFSA deadlines and apply for every scholarship available to you. Get to class early and make sure to get someone's phone number. Put the phone down! Do NOT text in class. Remember to stock up on scantrons and blue books. Always carry spare change to print things out in the library. Stick through the class til the very end, you might learn something new, even if you don't pass. Remember to smile and laugh, because with all the essays and exams, your classmates will need something to relieve some of their stress. And remember to always have fun, college is the best thing to happen to you!

Parking during the first 3 weeks of school. You can't find a spot anywhere unless you get there at 6:30 am.

Kaitlyn

Stay on track, be a dedicated, hardworking student and you will succeed in everything you put your mind to.

Any person who is motivated to learn and excel in their classes and in life down the road should attend this school. Its a much cheaper approach to college with the same highly rated classes offered at four year institutions.

Someone who doesnt see having a higher education in their future and someone who isnt motivated and confident in their abilities to succeed shouldnt attend this school

Eduardo

Unlike other schools, RCC is near my house . The teachers that I have had were great, they just do not go through a chapter and move onto another, they prefer having an agreement with the lecture is about; that way students understand the material. RCC has a few teachers who teach without a book, by which saves students money. In addition, since I personally did not need to read out of a book for the class, I understood the class clearly because the instructor provided all the important information to succeed. RCC also has affordable units for anyone.

I would tell myself not to get lazy and stay focused on my goal, and do not allow the little things in life slow you down to achieving that goal. In addition, I would tell myself not to think about the future so much and he should just live in the now because in the end everything will unfold. I would not change the college that I am attending now because RCC is a great choice for me. Furthermore, RCC saves me a lot of money for the classes students take at universities, and It provided me with the time I needed to know what I really wanted to do for my career.

The first day of class is always frustrating because there is never enough staff to speed up the process when buying books, and sometimes they run out of books for a certain class. On another note RCC did not really emphasise deadlines when I first started, but since California is having a budget problem they have deadlines for paying my classes before I attend a class. Another issue regarding the budget shortage is not having enough teachers to teach a class for example, English or Chemistry because there are a lot of students who attend at RCC.

karina

I would definitely try to understand better how college is important and how deadlines are very important too. Being on time with the deadlines will give more benefits like in registering early and getting in the calsses we like and need. I would also make sure to turn in all paper work like financial aid and registration papers. Also make sure how to get around the campuses and know wher everything is because at one poitn you are going to need something and not knowing where the places are are bad. Overall just to be on time and know the teachers and campuses well.

The worst thing about my school is that smoking was allowed on campus

Regina

My school is a very comfortable atmosphere and learning environment.

My school is a very comfortable atmosphere and learning environment.

I would tell myself to set a goal for myself and stick to it. Never let the obstacles and setbacks get me down and never give up on my dream. I would suggest setting a study schedule and a good environment that will allow me to be the most productive.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the distance.

Riverside City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.