Riverside, CA
Riverside City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Riverside City College

Anna

My college experience has been fantastic! I will admit, though, that I was not prepared for some things to occur in college. If I could I would go back in time and tell myself as a senior how to handle my college years. First, although I have always been a get it done fast kind of girl, I would tell myself that I will have to take things slowly because of my health. People will pass me by educationally, but there is nothing wrong with that. After all, after college, all that is left to do is work. Also, I would remind myself that while attending school I don?t need to work as well. If I take on too much it will negatively affect my grades. Instead, annually apply for financial aid and scholarships. Finally, I would tell myself that college is where best friends are made; therefore, don?t be afraid to make new friends. If I need to, I should get involved. Believe it or not, people want to be my friend, just like I want to be theirs. College is a grand adventure! If I could tell myself that as a senior I would.

The worst thing about my school is there is very little parking available now that they are now putting in an Olympic sized pool and a new building for their school of nursing. Now we have two choices: get to school unreasonably early so you won't be late for class, or go to school at a resonably time and get to class late.

Honestly, I believe that this type of school is good for every person who is starting thier college education or would like to take a class simply for enrichment. The cost of going to school is resonable and the teachers are great! This allows for a fantastic start to your education while having a very small student loan to pay, if at all.

Alberto

RIverside Community College is the best campus in California. Because its very friendly and socialize. I love my school and I dont want to leave since I plan transfer to Gallaudet University in Washington D.C in 2011.

Well, look back in high school. I wish I could pay attention to teachers and study HARDER.

A person should not going to school if a person is lazy or nothing to do at home, do drugs, and not interested in anything.

james

do not try to take the easy way out of everything because there is a way that everything works properly.

a person that does not want to acheive his or her goal.

Karla

Riverside Community College is an open portal to everyone, giving students a chance to work to their potential just as any other college or university would do, but also doing it in a way where students will be able to achieve their goals upon entering the school if they take the course work seriously.

When first entering a community college I was unaware of the college life as well as the transition it would be from leaving high school. As a senior in high school you hear your teachers giving you advice, but most of the time that advice just goes out one ear and out the other. I've been out of high school for almost a year now, so i've been able to expierence college life myself. Despite the fact that it is not a university or a cal state school, I have taken in alot in this short period of time . If I were able to go back to when I was a high school senior I would tell myself that college isn't the same as high school life, making it hard to adjust to at first. You have to take the work seriously, meaning that there is no time for slacking off, you have to motivate yourself because you no longer have someone pushing you along the way making choices for you, you're an adult and you're going to have to want the best for yourself if you're going to pursue your dreams.

There are several types of people who can attend a community college: someone who want's to save money, still undecided on their major, and someone who didn't have the grades during high school to be accepted elsewhere. For people who want to save money, attending Riverside Community College gives you the chance to do so, as well as giving you the time to decide which pathway you'll choose in life when you have recieved the grades and taken the courses to transfer to a different school.

Cristina

If I were able to go back to when I was a high school senior and give myself advice I would tell myself to keep striving to be the greatest and to keep following my dreams because nothing is easy everything is a challenge and everything that is a challenge is worth working for.

A wide range of classes.

A person that is dedicated enough to strive to success.

Anthony

If I could go back in time and tell myself about college life I advice myself to sign up for Fasfa and Espo so that i can get all the money i possible can get.

The parking. The reaon why is because its too small and not spaced out. Plus people don't park correctly making it harder to park

Anyone that lives near the school should attend the school

Raquel

Its a well known communtiy college. You can get a pretty good education for a cheaper tuition price, then other schools in the area.

I would have definetly taken chemistry in high school. It would have helped alot right now. I would have saved more money to pay for the books. I would be so greatful for the structured schedule that I had in high school. I would also tell myself to stay active, I have definetely gained the freshman 15 :) ..

That since I'm Moreno Valley based, there are not alot of classes that I need, most of them are on the main campus.

Rigo

Moreno valley college is best known for the health programs they offer. They offer strong programs for studens who are pursuing associates degree or transfering to a four-year college of university. More then 7000 thousand students attend Moreno Valley College pursing they associates degree.

If i had a chance to go back in time and change something I did in my high school years. The one think I would of change are my study habits. I remember that I would study while i was watching TV or listening to music. Now that I think back I never consentrated on what i was doing. The other think i would change is that i work while I was in high school. Once u start to have money you stop putting attention to your studys and what you do in school. You start to go out with friends on afternoons instead of staying home to study for test or the material teachers gave you. I would of paid more attention on my classes to get higher grades and GPA. So when I stared college, I can start with my requieremenst to transfer to a four-year college or university. Instead of staring low on my classes and spend more time on acomplishing my requierements to transfer.

The wrost think about my school, would be the counseling service they offer. I have gone to speack with one of the counselers for advise on what classes to take for the semester. They talk to you so fast that you dont have time to think for a second to think of questions that you might have. I dont know if its just me or if they have to much work, or they have to much studens they need to help.

Cameron

My school has many interesting subjects, a beautiful campus, and great teachers.

I would tell myself that college life is hard and stressful at times. I would inform myself on the importance of time management, which is a very valuable skill that is needed for studying and for making it to class on time. I would tell myself to not get distracted or derailed by other people, that my only reason for being at school is for learning. I would tell myself to work a part-time job, maybe 18 hours a week for a little spending money. I would tell myself to work hard in the pursuit of knowledge, that college costs money and below exceptional grades are not acceptable. I would tell myself to join a club that plans regular and fun activities. I would also tell myself to step out of my comfort zone by broadening my mind to diverse areas of study. I would remind myself to take an exercising class for managing stress. I would say, "Never forget the importance of family. They are your greatest support system and will always be there for you". And lastly id say, "Have fun, its only college".

The most frustrating thing about my school is how far away it is from my home.

marcia

my class mates are very mature and the majority of them stay focused on the prize, which is passing the class.

my school works hard to achieve its goals

if i went back into time as a high school senior there would be alot of advice i would want to give myself. i would have told myself that it doesnt matter that you dont have a social security number right now still go to those college fairs and find out what it is that you want to do. dont give up on your school work and let your grades drop because you feel youll never get anywhere because your birth mother never took you to the hospital when you were born so that you could get a social security number. you might not have been able to fill out college applications but you could still could have looked into colleges and asked some questions . you might not have applied for financial aid because no social security number but still look into colleges and keep your options open. dont give up your social security number will be here in just a couple of months. look into univerisities and see what kind of programs they have as well as community colleges. go on campus tours and see what you like best. that is the advice i would give myself

Riverside City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.