Rivier University Top Questions

The academic department is excellent. the teachers are supportive and informative on the lecture side of it. However, the clinical side of clinicals can be a nightmare. It's all about personalities. If your clinical instructor and you do not get along well or do not gel she or he can make sure you fail and that's it--all the money and time you invested because of this one person's opinion. I've lost a few fellow students to them being flunked out by the clinical instructors who don't seem to be there to support you and work with you-- the feeling is they are against you. It's really too bad. I think it's based upon the old fashioned nursing model of putting people through hell and seeing who can land safely. It's really a horror show I'm just trying to get through because I love nursing and know this is my path. I've had friends who graduated tell me to just get through the undergrad part of this process. I think most people are so relieved they graduate they just forget about it and don't talk about it.